What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Which Phenotype would you run?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wanted to see what you guys think between these two. I have my opinion which ill share later. Both are at day 55 in flower and will be cut at 9 weeks of age

BB 1
Very vigorous in veg and flower. Turns purplish red in color, has sweeter og terps. Decent resin production too. Overall more leafy and sweet than the second phenotype.
IMG_4697.jpeg
IMG_4698.jpeg

BB 2
Denser structure, more green than BB1 but showing a touch of color. It is tad more frosty and the terps are way more pine resin and savory, not as sweet/confected as BB1. Stacks harder and vegges slower.
IMG_4699.jpeg
IMG_4700.jpeg

Brother Nature

2 looks and sounds better to myself as well, but OG leaning terps are never a let down in my experience. I have a mate who grows a Bruce similar to the 1 you are describing, he puts a few plants out behind his garage and doesn't do much else with them for the season and always ends up with quite a lot of stanky smoke.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
From what seed company is this BB ?
Looking great I have from Seedsmans seeds it look like sour/og with candy fruty smell if its harvested below day 65 its candy strawberry with lemon/kush.If its harvested around 70 days...it smell like muffin/choco/sour fumes and forest fruits...and its stony like some sleeping pills.
IMG_20231205_074642073_HDR~2.jpg

I will take 1st one.

Last edited:

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
From which seed company is this BB ?
Looking great I have from Seedsmans seeds it look like sour/og with candy fruty smell if its harvested below day 65 its candy strawberry with lemon/kush.If its harvested around 70 days...it smell like muffin/choco/sour fumes and forest fruits...and its stony like some sleeping pills.
View attachment 18928134

I will take 1st one.
Its from Dark Horse, im fairly certain they are the initial breeder of Bruce Banner. The seeds i got were their f2s. Yours sounds lovely. And yeah both have great classic OG terps, one is just sweeter and one is more pine. Still not sure which ill keep. I will say one looks like a bitch to trim vs the other hah.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That BB1 is definitely the Bruce Banner.
The BB2 looks more like GSC
Its not cookie like at all in expression as far as smell, its just very dense. I see what you mean as far as the shape, but the buds are larger and stacked tighter than cookies. The terps are all pine, lemon and spice, very OG. They are both from the same seed pack so, no cookies here. Ive run many cookie cuts, ive been over it for a while now hah.

I Care

That BB1 has the Strawberry Diesel and the OG
The BB2 is lost on its way back to somewhere that isn’t Bruce Banner

The BB1 has the recessive traits that make you go wow the first time you got a bag of Bruce Manner.

Edit: Banner

Last edited:

I Care

If you needed up with a fluffy and not so dense cookies then you may have missed out the recessive traits with the seeds you recieved.

But, you for sure got the Original Bruce Banner on this pack.
I don’t know if you can chime in with DHG and I think they will agree!

That’s the thing with seeds is you don’t know if you’re going to get the thing you’re after or you’ll get a pack of dominant genetics. I’m sure it happens all the time, that was kinda the thing with seeds through history.
It might be an F2 but you still have to comb through to find the recessive traits. I think you won the lottery with that BB1!!!

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you needed up with a fluffy and not so dense cookies then you may have missed out the recessive traits with the seeds you recieved.

But, you for sure got the Original Bruce Banner on this pack.
I don’t know if you can chime in with DHG and I think they will agree!

That’s the thing with seeds is you don’t know if you’re going to get the thing you’re after or you’ll get a pack of dominant genetics. I’m sure it happens all the time, that was kinda the thing with seeds through history.
It might be an F2 but you still have to comb through to find the recessive traits. I think you won the lottery with that BB1!!!
At the end of the day the dried products smell and taste will be fun to try. That will be when we decide what stays or goes, hell if its two winners ill insist on both hah! Im looking forward to them both a lot.

I Care

If you get rid of the Bruce Banner and grow whatever BB2 is don’t say it’s form DARK HORSE cause it would be slander. You gotta count your blessings. F2 isn’t long enough down the line to be stable but you played the seed lottery and you got a winning ticket with that true Banner Phenotype! I would barter half a crop to get ahold of those C0s.

I Care

One last thing to try to convince you on your choice..
People will travel far if they see you got the real thing.
If I saw that BB1 on one of the local menus, that’s where I would go.
If I saw the BB2 I would think, hmm, but thats not Banner.

It happens to me all the time, most recently it’s that they’ve got a GG4 at a shop around here that is not Gorilla Glue, it’s something else with a hint of Gorilla Glue in it. I puffed the original Gorilla Glue back in like 2011 (around the same time I puffed the original banner) then one of my old pātnas had some GG4 and it was just like the original Gorilla Glue.
It’s happened to me with Afghan Goo too. One of the OG alligator huntin motherfuckers in the southeast had some of that. Then years later somebody has some stuff they called Afghan Goo that wasn’t Goo. It may have been Goo seed and it was Afghan but it wasn’t that Goo. It was more like haze.

I also say I would barter half a crop, thats kinda what people would do for genetics back in day. I mean it probably goes on today. You want it, okay how about we split it kinda thing. Because selling it here in the US is still Illegal . In Washington DC; You want it, buy my artwork.