What's new

Bruce Banner #3 ( og kush x rez strawberry diesel)

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Still dialing her really, but she seems to run pretty strait OG/indica. Runnin her with glue in hydro. Light nutes (.08-1.20 ec) a few extra ml's of mag..

Great meds. Mild mannered Bruce then blam the HULK kicks you in the back of the head.

mtntrogger

Veteran
@guy. I run her to exactly 63 days ....seems to be the perfect balance in high and flavor. takes a nice long cure to get her ideal flavors to shine

mtntrogger

Veteran
Hey Irock, Hows the # 5 do (yield, flavor, potency ?) If I remember right isnt that the cross with the fort collins cough ? that shit was legendary up here in the late 90"s !

Banner 5 is a sister to #3 and this particular strain was not even thought of in the late 90s. Came to me in 09 and the strain was not more than 2 years old I believe at that time. ...probably a different strain you are confused with.

mtntrogger

Veteran
Fort collins cough was an older local strain that was used in the bruce banner crosses. Most feel the #3 to be the best as it usually tests around 29% thc. Only Strawberry Deisel (Kylekushman strawberry cough and Nyc deisel) and Og kush where used in the #3. The # 5 was said to have been outcrossed with original fort collins cough which many believe was a nl#5 x haze poly hybrid pheno. :)

You have no idea what you are talking about....#5 and #3 are from the same breeding project(same batch of seeds). Therefore have the same lineage (same parents) cold creek kush (og used on female side some people think its ghost but that is false) x the male strawberry diesel..(rez)..like I said before, I was the breeder s 2nd patient(Haulk was my caregiver) and knew him in the past personally...that's the true story from the horses mouth....the #5 and the #3 DO NOT have different linage ...disagree or don't but that's the facts.

There was a cross possibly to the Fo Co cough and a banner strain I've heard and I think they called it Betty banner but don't quite me on that..

I hold the #5 cut and #3 cut that were personally given to me by the breeder before they were ever available to the public...like I said before they have been both in my garden 6 going on 7 years.

mtntrogger

Veteran
Irock , A bit abrasive .... but thanks for the information and correction. I did not mean to come across as A "know it all ,claimer" I also had thought that it was the ghost og used with that strawberry d dad, nice to get more accurate info. Your truly fortunate to have had those girls in your garden for so long ! I have been growing the #3 for about 3 years. I never get tired of the flavor and buzz of this herb. .... smoking a bong of it right now !
Peace

RulaTone

Veteran
hey mtntrogger, your post confused me a bit. such statements do need to be verified before spreading false theory on lineage..sorry but i cant understan why you got so deep in details if it was all plain wrong..
anyway Irock Watts you seem to know what you talking about, may i ask if you know if the 3 cut has been used in some breeding project?
I have seen DarkHorse genetics is releasing some crosses with her, are they legit in your view?
thanks

mtntrogger

Veteran
rulatool , sorry, I did not intentionally mean to mislead, I was given my information by the person I got my#3 from as well as many articles on the web about the origins of the bruce , oh yeah it was on the cover of and featured in high times also, so apparently all of us , including high times got bad info, however I am always open minded enough to hear another side of the story, Irock sounds like he has the correct lineage of the strain and also holds the #3 and the #5 cut, I was glad to learn of the true origins of the bruce

RulaTone

Veteran
ok now i get it! sorry for being a little rude..
for a momnet i tought it was just another internet myth spread around..

so even high times is wrong!? glad to be an IcMag member then!

those nugs look nice!who is bruce banner?is that the breeders name?has he made any other crosses?i want to hear more about its genetics and the breeder.

meowcovich

Bruce Banner #3 is by far the best phenotype... If you were lucky enough to get a cut from the breeder himself back in 2008/2009 you better hope you still have it :) The breeder and creator of Dark Horse Genetics has been working on stabilizing BB#3 for many years and will have the seeds widely available in the near future. I hope they are very successful as the Haulk is a good dude and has a keen eye for elite strains, way ahead of the curve!!! http://www.darkhorsegenetics.com/bb1.html

"The long awaited seed release of Bruce Banner project has begun..

The legend of the Bruce Banner began when I was in college attending University of Montana and popping seeds like a manic looking for killer phenos of Sour Kushes and flavor packed powerful hybrids mostly.. I was gifted seeds by JLP and Lonestar (overgrow) and found inspiration in their small but killer breeding programs and began to tinker myself ..

I was able to win a pack of the original Strawberry Diesel by Rez Auction on Seedbay after the seed drop crashed the servers back in 2006 and knew to use the males instantly..

The mother of the Cross was the "Original OG kush passed to me in Boulder 2004 by my mentor and legendary Colorado grower Marc Hale. This cutt has gone by "LA Kush", "Coal Creek Kush", "Original Kush" and the 10k Cutt of OG.... all the same and as far as Im concerned this was the only OG before 2005 before all the name change game that makes sourcing OGs so hard nowadays.

After moving back to Denver in 2008 and Founding Delta9 we released the Bruce Banner as our house strain to much fan fare, long lines and wait list pre orders to the hoards trying to get this strain.. Winning the High Times Caregivers cup 2009, High Times Cannabis Cup Denver 2014 Best US Non-Solvent Hash 3rd place, Highest Tested THC in High Times Cannabis history, and Title of Strongest Strain on Earth (High Times), and number 9 on High Times 25 Greatest strains of all time! Bruce Banner has become the stuff of legend.

Bruce Banner 1.0 is the start of a 4 part breeding program to f4 and stabilize the Bruce Banner #3 Pheno... Expect Variation in the seeds from Sour, to Strawberry to Kush.. VERY strong potency and insane extracts"

Latest posts

Latest posts