What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

browntrout's Blue Durban-Chitral Test Grow

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
Blue Durban-Chitral - Day 24

Feeding @ 1.25 ec
  • .8 ec of base MaxiBloom
  • .35 ec of CalMag
  • .1 ec tap water

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

budelight

Veteran
RKS/PCK x BB - Day 24

Fed the same nutrient mix as above.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for looking,
Budelight

browntrout

Veteran
They look stellar, that durban is a wicked fast flower as you can tell. Nice purpling on her too!

How do they smell?

Bt

budelight

Veteran
Heyyyyy BT! The girls are looking great today :)

Smells....
Well the best I can smell today om the BDC is super Berry and fruitloopy. Smells like delicious fruity blueberry/bubblegum mixed with an aphrodisiac or something you would smell during a back massage. The other cross (that lives without a name) has a similar fruitiness but is blended with a body odor/sweaty gym socks nose blended in. Overall I've noticed this second plant has less smells.

This weeks nutrient feed was made with my new pH Meter.
Woohoo! Its this one - Oakton EcoTestr pH2 Pen
Now that i own a pH pen (upgrade from the strips) I will be checking pH more frequently to help improve my growing in coco, which is a new medium for me.
The nutrient solution was 6.0pH and 1.4ec.
It's just MaxiBloom for a base + CalMag Plus.

Will update with photos in a minute...

BeL
:tiphat:

browntrout

Veteran
Thanks Buddy! They look very nice have the smells changed at all?

That BDC may shape up to be a 50 day flower but i'd let it go 60 if ya can. Also be careful with the nutes as the durban in her loves to hold it well into bud.

BT

budelight

Veteran
Day 42 of 12/12

Day 42 of 12/12

Soooo, i was smoking on some GG4 this weekend when i took these photos. I was all jazzed to show everyone the progress they have made since the last update.

All of a sudden its Wednesday evening and I log into IC to checkout if anyone has commented on the photos i posted... Nothing.

Jump to this thread, only to realize i NEVER POSTED THE PICTURES!! DOH (also realized i go so entrenched taking photos (~30) of the BDC, i never took out and photographed the other cross, will do that in my next update.

So here they are, few days and a dollar short.

I must say, the SMELLS coming off this Blue Durban Chitral are unreal. There is some drool in one of the photos if you look closely ;)

The Blueberry has dominated the smells of both the BDC and the yet to be named "RKS/PCK x BB". The BDC's smells are about 200% louder than the other cross, but since i only have 1 plant of each strain, this represents one possible option when others grow out these beans - AND YOU SHOULD - especially those other testers that BT trusted and have yet to show their threads.

They are showing slight nute burn now, i got a pH pen and used it for a week before checking it against my pH strips, at which point i learned my pH pen is not calibrated yet so im using strips until i get the solutions to calibrate it correctly.

On with the photos....
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Cheers ya'll
Budelight

browntrout

Veteran
Wow!!! Nice to see the blueberry smells are coming out as planned, Would you say it's more blueberry wine, blueberry cereal or BB Candy in smell? Looks to be just the right amount of purple in em.

Hopefully the smell translates to taste. Can't wait to see em at day 60

Very nice work so far!

BT

Gifstah

Looks beautifull and the smell description makes sounds insanely awesome. And yea as TGE said, very intriguing genetics!

browntrout

Veteran
Yeap, Budelight is doing a very fine job! I'm thinking of F2'ing her and offering it to the public.

I'l know for sure when the Smoke report comes in.

BT

budelight

Veteran
Hey everyone!

Sorry i didnt answer these posts sooner, its just so much easier replying from a pc (vs mobile)...

Wow!!! Nice to see the blueberry smells are coming out as planned, Would you say it's more blueberry wine, blueberry cereal or BB Candy in smell? Looks to be just the right amount of purple in em.
Hopefully the smell translates to taste. Can't wait to see em at day 60
Very nice work so far!
BT

Hey BT,
To me it smells like a mix of Trix cereal and a blue-raspberry syrup...
I just snuck into the flower room & squashed some buds in my fingers and i've been huffing on them the past 30 seconds.
The smells are fainter than a few weeks ago, i bet they will leave then return during dry/cure...
Either that or the raising of my RH to a more normal range is muddling the smell during lights off (aka now).

tumblr_mdnql3area1qch0tt.jpg

Nice work! Intriguing genetics!
Thanks edro!!

Looks beautifull and the smell description makes sounds insanely awesome. And yea as TGE said, very intriguing genetics!
Welcome Gifstah, thanks for the compliments - the plants are doing all the hard work, its just my job not to screw them up.

Yeap, Budelight is doing a very fine job! I'm thinking of F2'ing her and offering it to the public.
I'l know for sure when the Smoke report comes in.
BT
DOOOO IT :D - I need to get a few packs of this cross for my vault!

Pics from Day 52
Blue Durban-Chitral
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

budelight

Veteran
RKSx(PCKxBB) @ Day 65 (Harvest Day)

68-80* F
40-80% RH

Day 50 was the last feed watering before flush, fed 1/2 strength @ .7ec
Day 52 flush with ph'd tap water began @ .1ec
Day 64-65 the plants were put into full darkness prior to harvest
Day 65 she was chopped down and hung up to dry

Not too impressed with the growth of this plant. The buds seemed to finish slowly and not bulk up as much as i would have liked. Was a lot a smaller buds on the lowers of the plant which may have contributed to the lack of chunking. Smoke test results could outweigh the other factors so stay tuned for that once buds are dry enough.

Pics:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

budelight

Veteran
Blue Durban-Chitral @ Day 65 (Harvest Day)

(Same Temps & dated events as above)

As BT mentions for the Durban, the buds on this BDC are somewhat airy, not really foxtailing/crowning, just more loose than compact like an OG or GSC. Outdoors this variety is likely to BLOW UP with HUGE forearm-sized-nugs due to the bud structure. The color on her is enough to catch your attention an gaze when looking across a growroom of different varieties. Smells on this plant were mind blowing amazing. I don't have a fancy enough nose to elaborate on the complexity of its profile, but the aromas are very calming and forgiving. I would grow this strain again in a heartbeat.

picture.php

picture.php