What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BROTHERS GRIMM...STRAINS AND INFO...

LifeLess

Veteran
Thanks Tribe. A friend shared a few cutting off the P75 plant he has. Just looking for a few pics. There still in veg but soon as i get them in bloom ill snap a few shots. Thanks again

mushroombrew

Veteran
I've got 3 of the new c99 going into bloom in about 2 weeks. They are in dwc. If all goes according to plan I will bloom them under a 630w DE CMH bulb at 4200k. It's my first time growing c99 so this should be fun! The c99 are in the blue buckets. The back two are pretty similar in smell and structure. The left front one is leaning sativa with longer inter nodal spacing.

Thanks for posting a pic! Regs or Fems?
They look a lot more spindly than the 2005 stock I had. But it's in flower were they should take off. Still waiting for my reg beans.

Regular seeds. Feminized came out right after I ordered mine. I actually let them grow to between 2 to 3 feet tall before cutting them down to current height. I wanted to see the normal structure prior to turning them into bushes.here is what they looked like before topping. The left front plant was the tall spindly one below. I cut it shorter as I figure it will try to take off again.

Attachments

• 20170703_133333.jpg
    20170703_133333.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 15
  • 20170703_132058.jpg
    20170703_132058.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 20170703_131002.jpg
    20170703_131002.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 16

mushroombrew

Veteran
Regular seeds. Feminized came out right after I ordered mine. I actually let them grow to between 2 to 3 feet tall before cutting them down to current height. I wanted to see the normal structure prior to turning them into bushes.here is what they looked like before topping. The left front plant was the tall spindly one below. I cut it shorter as I figure it will try to take off again.

Oh ok thats why. Wow you topped she shit out of them! That second pic looks promising. I always topped at 4th or 5th node from seed.
And yes that one looks stretchy!

It's funny you ask that. The 3 c99 have been dwc from the start. I use 5 gallon bucket net pots to hold them. My dwc 18g totes just have holes cut into them that fit the cup. It stabilizes the plant better and I can pull them out and set them into a 5g bucket for matinence stuff as needed.

The right front plant is one of my tangerine kush bonsai moms. She was transplanted from dirt to dwc.

mushroombrew

Veteran
It's funny you ask that. The 3 c99 have been dwc from the start. I use 5 gallon bucket net pots to hold them. My dwc 18g totes just have holes cut into them that fit the cup. It stabilizes the plant better and I can pull them out and set them into a 5g bucket for matinence stuff as needed.

The right front plant is one of my tangerine kush bonsai moms. She was transplanted from dirt to dwc.

That's a bunch of media. Do you think you would have better DWC growth with less?

I notice my plants don't go ballistic until roots extend past the net pot. So a 4" net pot takes off faster than a 6" in my setup. I am sure you get great support though.

Ice Princess seemed to be under developed when I checked in a while ago.

Apollo 11 reminds me of a Romulan.

I see some advances in there seed line today.

White Widow seems like a fashionable grow. I would love to hear some reports on that strain specifically...

Anyone?

Correction. They are started in 3" net pots in a diy seedling dwc bucket. Once they get to be around 4 to 6 inches I transplant them to the 6" 5g pot lids. I just coil the roots around the bottom of the 6 inch pot and bury the roots and 3"net pot in hydroton. I usually make some cuts in the 3" pot to allow for the trunk to swell up later. Here's the baby tray in action.

Attachments

• 20170601_193121.jpg
    20170601_193121.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 18

LostTribe

Premium user

Last pic looks most like my favorite 2 girls out of my 2 packs....has a bit of stretch with longer internode spacing and thinner leaves.

I like stretchy plants. They tend to respond well to topping and plant bondage. I'm excited to see how these girls do. It's been a few grows since I played with seeds.

beanja

Heres one of my c99 fems at 2 months .

Attachments

• 20170719_162127.jpg
    20170719_162127.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 20170719_162117.jpg
    20170719_162117.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 17

beanja

Some nice wild roses and different flowers in the pic , such lovely natural surroundings .... great time of year.

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Princess 75

Princess 75

Hey Lifeless, Here is the p75. Started in 12/12 @ 10 inches tall. Finished in 55 days @ 18". Dense as fuck nugs with skinny ass stems that hold up until the end even though they are bendy. Really digging this effect too. Strong and nice smell.

lilburley

I met Soul at the emerald cup and he just kept loading me up a big bong with his gear and saying, "here, now try this one". needless to say, he got me blasted out of my gourd. I grabbed a few packs of his gear. Later on, when i went to the nor-cal cup, I hadn't smoked in several months (self imposed break from flowers), & not long after i arrived, i lost my cell phone. I had that sick feeling you get when you lose your phone, and I was wandering around the cup sober as hell and in a daze, unable to enjoy myself at all. I finally gave up searching, and decided I may as well try to make something of my time there. I walked past the booth that Soul shared with Nerds genetics (another great guy). He remembered we had met b4, and told him my predicament. I asked if he had Queen of Soul in stock, which he did. I grabbed those, and then he said, "I happen to have some flowers of the Queen, wanna give it a try?". With all my stress, the time felt perfect to smoke again. he loaded me up, and I took a few hits. It was smooth as silk, and tasty too! It was strong, up, and very clear. It took away the edge, settled me down, and helped me think a little clearer. Then I walked back inside the gated area, calmly re-traced my steps, and eventually found my phone! what a day that was. big shout out to brothers grimm and nerds genetics. great people, and great gear

Dry shot! Just mid canopy bud. Cut to sample when tricomes are cloudy. I'll share more pics and harvest weights as things progress.
picture.php