What's new

Brothers Grimm seed stash found

how funny. i was looking for something and came upon this thread.

those were my seeds kal el grew out. i'm fatboyOGOF from here (but i can't get into that account anymore hence the fatboycantpost) and fatboy from overgrow.

i never did hear what happened to those 5.

when i got the apollo 13 and the cindy 88 seeds i decided to breed them. i grew out the cindy then the apollo. being new to breeding i took 2 males and shook them in the flower room. the cloud of pollen looked like snow. i got thousands of seeds. lol

i've learned a lot since then.

i like the cindy 88 F2s i made more than the cindy 88 which was a bit too speedy for my tastes. the cross of the cindy 88 and the apollo 13 is very nice too. i see some people sell them for lots of money. i just like to breed.

i even saved the envelope. :)
jj01uq.jpg

3090yh3.jpg

JACKBAYBEH

That envelope brings back memories. I ordered C88 and the Grimm Mix way back when. Got some nice mothers from both. Would be fun to run those Apollo x C88. Kudos on keeping those C88 genes around.

sgbfcoop

those were my seeds kal el grew out. i'm fatboyOGOF from here (but i can't get into that account anymore hence the fatboycantpost) and fatboy from overgrow.

when i got the apollo 13 and the cindy 88 seeds i decided to breed them. i grew out the cindy then the apollo. being new to breeding i took 2 males and shook them in the flower room. the cloud of pollen looked like snow. i got thousands of seeds. lol

i like the cindy 88 F2s i made more than the cindy 88 which was a bit too speedy for my tastes. the cross of the cindy 88 and the apollo 13 is very nice too. i see some people sell them for lots of money. i just like to breed.

View Image

View Image

Oh wow, Memories in this thread. I thought stuff like this would be long gone.

I really wish we find out how things went! Those are some amazing genes and this feels like a story that remains untold! I must know!

LostTribe

Premium user

View Image

View Image

That is totally EPIC! Miss me some real Mr Soul and Sly gear!

W

WeetisPotPie

Wish I still had my C99 from Brothers Grimm. God it makes me cringe every time I think about letting it go. Lesson to be learned. I was growing mostly skunk, kush and NL, I had never had a sativa, especially one like this. The high on her could be paralyzing, she was a great yielder and the taste and smell, she had it all. Unfortunately people would complain, about the high, most of them just didn't get it, didn't like the high. So I let it go. Never again, now if someone doesn't like a strain, I ask what they want and are looking for in smoke. Such a rookie mistake, live and learn.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I'm still running in my garden BG Apollo 11 from I don't even no how long ago! Long time. It's the overall best strain in my garden, hands down. I still have 4 or 5 seeds left outta the pack of 10. I stopped growing the pack cause all of em I did were all female and looked like the same phenotype! Lol. I swear, crazy shit. Very uplifting high. Smells of grapefruit with bright orange pistils. Very high calyx to leaf ratio and crazy good yielder.

I'll post some pics tomorrow of her for those of you who wanna reminisce.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Here's the Apollo 11 as promised! She's 32 days in and, as always, coming along nicely. I'll keep you guys updated till she's done. :biggrin:

Attachments

• Apollo 11-32d.jpg
    Apollo 11-32d.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 20150215_134921.jpg
    20150215_134921.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 1134calcium 1
    1134calcium 1
    52 KB · Views: 26
W

WeetisPotPie

Thanks, those look great! You should run a full grow diary on your next grow if you can.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Thx Nico. :dance013: she's a pleasure to grow. She can take a beating and keep on ticking like nothing ever happened! The Apollo is definitely the easiest plant I've ever grown. Only thing i've noticed is she can get powdery mildew easily. But if she shows signs of it, I spray her down with a combo of zone and saturator.....learned that trick on here years back. :)