What's new

Brotherhood OG (Happy Brother x Biker Kush)

thinman

"thinman, might I ask why you are particularly interested in my results - you've peeked my curiosity..." dank.frank

hey there, its just that KG gifted me some of these brotherhood og beans when straightening out an error with a recent order. i don't think these are distributed yet so i'm interested in seeing how you do with them.

thanks, Karma!

so, good luck to you and your grow.

all the best, stay safe, be well...

tm

I'm so frikkin relieved our eggs only turned out to be mycelium. Should have known...my coco bricks come inoculated with trichoderma....
Looking forward to seeing these develop. They have some vigour for sure...

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
A little late, but I'm here for the show...
Could you please lay out your soil mix for veg and flower ? I saw it somewhere but it's lost in the smoke now...
Good luck with the grow !
Peace, HJ.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thin -right on bro - Karma has always been a super up and up kind of guy. You should really check out Hammerhead's tester thread as he has already finished a few ladies....they came out *looking* brilliant...

Spiral - for sure man. I'm not 100% convinced yet - I'm still not sleep perfectly well...lol - but I do think we are in the clear...

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
End of week 5. As you can see all plants have been topped. Roots are spreading out and the plants are starting to pick up their growth rates now...starting to bush out a bit. Plants are roughly 6" tall now.

picture.php

dank.Frank

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Must spread some rep...

Like deja vu in there man. I feel like I've seen those babies before. Looking healthy as hell. Keep up the dankness.

thinman

absolutely beautiful, dank.frank. i love the looks of your seedlings already. you can see the vigor in them. good luck the rest of the way. can't wait to see the finish.

smoooth

Looking awesome as usual DF. Love how green they look. Truly some happy plants. Will be keeping an eye on this one. Best of luck with the rest of the grow

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice and health lady's DF.. You will love the finished product...Like most of the super dank strains yield is not so good..

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
End of Week 6

End of Week 6

Plants are really showing their vigor now. They have doubled in size in the last week. All are between 10-12 inches tall. Three plants have shown themselves to be female already but no clearly sexed males. I am figuring all these will easily show sex within the next two weeks of veg remaining. If I was flowering under a smaller wattage, ie anything less than a 1000w, now would be the time to push them into flower. But since these will be under a 1k, I'm going to let them get a bit bigger and allow more internodes to develop so they really stack some nice flowers...

The amount of lateral branching is rather varied. I have couple that are more lanky and stretchy between internodes, a couple that are sticking really close to the main stems and growing straight vertical, a couple that are really showing very limited side branching, making them more ideal for SOG type garden, and then some that are staying rather balanced between vertical and lateral growth growing into nice little bushes.

Smells are getting much more intense now. While simply hovering over the plants a heavy coffee smell is apparent that is no where to be found on a stem rub. A couple just smell green / stinky funk when moved around, but there are certainly those with a much more sharp and pungent aroma - similar to what you'd expect from an OG. Then there are the couple that really shine that have a more incense/mango/peachy type funk that is mingled with that acidic sharpness of OG - I expect these to be the real stars in the show. These are tending to be the more evenly growing bush type plants...I suppose these are the middle ground more 50/50 hybrid expressions and thus why such an even distribution of traits.

Okay okay...I know...I know...pictures or it didn't happen!

picture.php

This is one of the more lanky expressions, which we've seen clearly in Third Coasts' thread. I believe Hammerhead also spoke of such an expression, so you can be certain to see these surface in a single pack. These expressions seem to carry that acid OG type funk to them:

picture.php

picture.php

This next plant is one that has already shown as female, but is in the more single cola / SOG type group. This plant smells more spice / incense than anything and a general green funk:

picture.php

picture.php

dank.Frank

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And last but not least - this plant has me WICKED curious, and I'm REALLY hoping it is a female. I've grouped it in the more bush type expressions - but is still very different from all other siblings. Displaying a very unique leaf pattern -almost cabbage like at first - very squat short fat fan blades, that start thin at the petioles and then just flare out into big bulbous leaves at the tips...

The plant has a very alluring sweet/mango/spice to it - and is making substantially thicker lateral branches than all the other siblings.

I can only assume this plant is a very Happy Brother dominant expression (?) - Have any of the other testers seen such an expression yet???

picture.php

picture.php

This one REALLY has my attention...

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
End of week 7

End of week 7

Hey everyone - glad to see a few more faces along for the show!! :tiphat:

Things are getting cramped now - internodes are alternating and a few are showing sex. 3 confirmed males and 2 confirmed females. The males have been pushed off to the left side, as they were growing too close to the bulb - I'm going to kill them here in a couple days, and make more room for the ladies and yet un-sexed plants.

I've cut lighting back this last week of veg to 18/6 to try and coax a few more into pre-sexing. I'd rather not play male hunter in flower if at all possible...

That being said - all plants are about 17-18" tall now. I'm probably going to have some height issues in flower - they stayed fairly lanky in veg, not really tightening up as fast as other lines I've grown - must be the OG in them...which also means I'd expect that lanky OG stretch to be a trait in flower as well. Might end up with a bit of super cropping going on down the road, but only time will tell...

And for the updated photo:

picture.php

dank.Frank

oceangrownkush

Veteran
Damn looks dank... Haven't seen a disappointing looking grow of these yet, gonna be swoopin up asap once they're out...

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Karma's gear is always solid. Most of these plants, as they have matured, have taken that very sharp / acid / tart OG type of smell that tends to sting the nostrils. Very dank smelling plants...

I am expecting some great flowers!

dank.Frank