What's new

BrotherGanja's Backyard Grow 10'

ronbo51

Veteran
hey Bro G, think hard about putting 2 50 gal cans on a deck. Water weighs 8 pounds a gallon and lots of decks are not built well and every once in a while you hear about a deck collapsing from the weight. Also, foliar feeding at night would be considered a bit risky because you are not only feeding the leaves but also the mold and mildew that would love to live on your leaves and at night the dampness will stay with almost no evaporation. You have a great setup and are well on the way. Good luck

hey Bro G, think hard about putting 2 50 gal cans on a deck. Water weighs 8 pounds a gallon and lots of decks are not built well and every once in a while you hear about a deck collapsing from the weight. Also, foliar feeding at night would be considered a bit risky because you are not only feeding the leaves but also the mold and mildew that would love to live on your leaves and at night the dampness will stay with almost no evaporation. You have a great setup and are well on the way. Good luck

Hey ron,

Interesting you mention the weight think for the deck. That is something to ponder. IMO I don't think that deck would collapse. It is unbelievably sturdy cause it is built right into the house and there is another deck below it and you can see the beams they used are super efficient. I have been thinking and it seems I won't actually need 2 drums. The plants won't need that much feed. When large they probably will drink 5 to 8 gal each so I think 1 will work.

I also have been aware of the mold foliar thing. When I do my foliar it is not at night it is right when the plants are shaded out from the sun at about 6 thirty or so. The sun doesn't actually go down till 9 right now. And the moisture is absorbed and evaporated before the hour is up, thanks for the heads up though at some point that will be super important but right now we are golden.

Herbs thanks for coming by blessings to your garden aswell.

Xhashish

Veteran
Reeeeally beautiful place you got there, cant wait to see how things will turn out for you (=

subscribed for sure :)

So I was just over at my neighbors house and he has a walmart pool filled with a thousand gallons on his deck and it is not buckling. Granted it is well reinforced, I believe my deck can handle 100 gals. Thanks all for coming by.

Time For the update. Got the Brewer part way set up I will post some pics of it tomorrow. For now, enjoy!!!!!

Blue Dream
IMG_7027.jpg

IMG_7030.jpg

White Rhino
IMG_7028.jpg

XJ13
IMG_7032.jpg

IMG_7029.jpg

.clunk

damn, wish that Blue Dream cut could make it north across the border, I've seen many board members post pictures and it always looks great. When does it finish by?

Clunk The Blue Dream takes 8-9 weeks to flower according to the Oaksterdam catalog. Thank you my friend.

Here are some pics of the brewing stations and piping down into the garden. As you can see we have been testing with the hose and and we have excellent water pressure coming down. Perfect for what we need. Actually could use a but more, but what we go will work great.
IMG_7033.jpg

IMG_7036.jpg

IMG_7037.jpg

Yesterday I picked up some Myco Madness, I wanted to boost the bacteria and fungi levels in the soil. I am gonna do that and do a root feeding for the first time with High N, Kelp, and EWC Tea some other stuff in there to, but I think the plants are gonna explode when I start feeding. Anybody had experience with Myco madness, any yah or nahs?

Today we got the brewer sealed up and ready and brewing. Kinda having a problem with the air-stones clogging every couple hours it seems like. I do small batches and don't get the same thing so it must cake up, plus it is much deeper than what I have been doing and may need more force. I am really thinking of doing a venturi, inspired by our peer and respected friend Local Hero. Thanks again for sharing. But I am skeptical because the noise factor I do live 8 feet from the house next door so if it gets to loud it could disturb them and I don't need to do that. So I will see if I can clean the stones regularly and have back up clean stones at all times.

The Tea is brewing good still with the air-stones. Oh yea and a really nice commercial air-pump that I had from a hydro I did a while back.
100_6257.jpg

100_6268.jpg

100_6269.jpg

Oh yea I'm sure you all forgot about these strains that we have been hiding and neglecting, dangit. The Hiram and Jade from Molicai, Hawaii strait from some old friend that has been there for several decades. Uncles Bubbs(which is one of my partners that visited hawaii) got some of the meds and asked if he could have some beans. He claim the nuggets it produced were excellent dankness and I definitely trust his judgment as far as dankness goes. Here they are starting to come back finally outside and transplanted, we are waiting to put them in there own 25 gal homemade pots but they haven't shown us sex yet so we are waiting for some signs, they are getting better everyday.
100_6258.jpg

Here is some really cool shots with a descent panorama mode on Uncle Bubbs camera. Look at the puppy it is a pure bread great dane pay attention to the size of the dog throughout the summer and watch her grow as big and fast as the plants. Those dogs can stand on hind legs and be up to 6'7" insane. Scary, but floppy and loving. LOL
100_6279.jpg

100_6267.jpg

We got an addition to the family. It is a Purple Urkle mamma and she was cut on 2 weeks before we got her, so she looks kinda torn up, but I think she will come back strong. I love the nug density with this strain. She will be going in a 25 gal too.
100_6274.jpg

And of course the rest of the ladies growing like there's no tomorrow. We are gonna do a feed in the morning it's exciting, we'll see how they respond to the feeding. I am sure great, they already love all the foliar feeding we are doing. Oh yea, started to use Cal Mag in the foliar rotation and it seems to be a super beneficial. I have seen others foliar CalMag before and the results were great. Anyone else have experience with CalMag Foliar?
100_6255.jpg

2 Weeks Before
IMG_6980.jpg

Blue Dream
100_6271.jpg

IMG_6932.jpg

2 Weeks of Growth

White Rhino

100_6272.jpg

IMG_6987.jpg

2 Weeks of Growth

Some other XJs
100_6275.jpg

100_6273.jpg

Veggies and Flowers!!!!
100_6278.jpg

100_6277.jpg

Quinoa!!! This variety kinda reminds me of herb, it has a crystally almost resin look on it now and it produces nice beautiful buds that you hang cure and dry. Love it especially for hot dry cause it likes drought.
100_6276.jpg

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Love ya work brother ganja, going to pull up a chair for the rest of ya cranking show, I can see trees in your near future hahaha :biggrin:

weednazi

Looking good. Mycorrhizae is a must. Add it to the compost tea right before use. Another good soil innoculator is PHC Bio Pak. If you are brewing AACT you will have problems if you don't fix the air stone blockage. benefical micro organisms need continuous air. if you are just doing ACT, no worries. I brew a 275 gallon tote and use a spa blower for air, no stones needed. Works just as good as a 1 hp sweetwater regenerative blower but is $70 instead of $600. probably a bit too noisy for you situation. I have some XJ's growing as well. Haven't used the CAL Mag as foliar, but have used it to water when they were smaller. im sure it will work great. I ammended my soil with crushed oyster shells for calcium. A great foliar is Brix Mix from Peaceful Valley Organics.. My plants are loving it in addition to the regular watering with the compost tea.

Thanks Firefox and Boom. Thanks for the support, any input is a blessings.

Weednazi

Really don't brew the mycorrhizae? You would think by brewing it, it would have time to populate to higher levels. The mycorrhizae and beneficial bacteria have so much food available cause of the molasses. So they populate at a very high rate. Mycorrhizae also needs air to survive, correct? The air-stones seem to be doing great the tea is amazing. It has a smell of almost an earthy fermentation. I have heard of brix and I am interested in it. I want to learn more. I know it is a sugar measurement. Based on that does the sugar attract unwanted insects?

I definitely love the XJ13 for some reason I just love the nug structure. Of course the smell and taste is heavenly. Another thing is it hasn't produce hardly any popcorn. I do trim a bit on the inside and lower branches but some shaded nugs still get larger than popcorn status, at least with indoor perspective. Outdoor I think she will yield an amazing amount, there is a couple of plants that are just as vigorous as the Blue Dream.

Gonna do a feed tomorrow, it will be great to see the results once weed start providing essential buildings blocks provided in plant form by the Micro orgs, Mycos and Trycos. Gettings tired sleep well gardens of the world.

weednazi

Thanks Firefox and Boom. Thanks for the support, any input is a blessings.

Weednazi

"Really don't brew the mycorrhizae? You would think by brewing it, it would have time to populate to higher levels. The mycorrhizae and beneficial bacteria have so much food available cause of the molasses. So they populate at a very high rate. Mycorrhizae also needs air to survive, correct?"
-The myco is a spore that will get damaged if you try to brew it for 24 hours. They do populate at high rates, however this is done in the soil. I am not a biologist but you can call BioLogic Systems and they can explain it to you on the phone 530-274-9042.

"Based on that does the sugar attract unwanted insects?"
Negative... in fact Brix Mix is used to fend off evil insects and mildew! Peaceful valley states that they have seen 25% increase in yields....albeit for fruits and veggies......but regardless...

here is some info on it: http://www.weekendgardener.net/organic-fertilizer/brix-mix-90609.htm

weednazi

forgot to mention...

if you are only doing foliar......then no need for the myco unless you are drenching the soil as well. myco is only needed when you are doing a soil drench.

forgot to mention...

if you are only doing foliar......then no need for the myco unless you are drenching the soil as well. myco is only needed when you are doing a soil drench.

Im not just doing foliar. I started my rooting feeding today. I knew that the myco didn't need to be foliared. I have been using a EWC Nit. tea, Bio-Genesis Mineral Matrix Micronutrient, and Cal Mag. Thanks alot for all the info weednazi.