What's new

BrotherGanja's 2011 Outdoor Organic Garden

primeform

how much of each amendment are you adding to each pot? Do I really need the EWC if Im going to be feeding bacteria teas? seems like the price on EWC is high for the good stuff... What kind of humic/ fulvic are you adding?

thanks for all the info this year, my diy smart pots came out nice.

how much of each amendment are you adding to each pot? Do I really need the EWC if Im going to be feeding bacteria teas? seems like the price on EWC is high for the good stuff... What kind of humic/ fulvic are you adding?

thanks for all the info this year, my diy smart pots came out nice.

I used 1 cup per ten gallons of soil
Dolomite Lime
Potash 0-0-50
2 cups per 10 gal
Kelp meal

And a nice 2-3" layer of EWC on the top layer. Castings can be expensive and you don't really need them if you are feeding teas later but your plants will love you that much more for doing it.
As far as Humic and Fulvic I purchased a mixture of the two on Ebay $20 for 3 lbs or something like that.

Honestly this is all a learning process for me I have never done this before. So I am sure you could mix your amendments a little more or a little less and they would be fine.

Hopefully the weather clears up I am ready to plant!!!!!

primeform

thanks for the response brother G. Im doing the exact same thing you are, waiting for good weather to do the dirt work. hopefully this is the week!

Your right there that is straw grass and alfalfa is not a grass. Huh. Ahhh learning thank you for teaching me something. I know it did good to mix it back in there create some nitrogen and create a nice bacterial base. I did add High N bat guano cause I knew the straw and greens wouldn't provide enough. I wanted to plant today but looks like the weather is not gonna permit it. Possibly in the afternoon if the wind dies down. Hope everyones day is going good!!

The wheat grass is a good cover crop, it just doesn't leave as much nutrients upon breakdown. It would be preferable to compost alfalfa first if using as an amendment, or use alfalfa meals or pellets as an additive, rather than planting the alfalfa into the container pots.

Good luck on your planting weather, this has set everyone back a little this spring.

Good growing

PW

I will share pics as soon as I plant the babies right now there isn't really much to see out there especially cause it's raining again today!!! Patients :)

CanniDo Cowboy

Veteran
I will share pics as soon as I plant the babies right now there isn't really much to see out there especially cause it's raining again today!!! Patients :)

Hey Brother G...Man, what is up with this weather?? Very grow-agonizing! Seems like all Ive been doin the last 3 days is coverin and uncoverin the hothouse and several times, twice a day LOL. Even got some small size hail...I think June is gonna be a tricky month fo sho...CC

Well the weather is still looking crazy for another week but the temps are going up. I figured I would post a couple pics to lively up the place.

Here is the Oregon Pino Noir she is really leggy like a sativa but the nug and leaves are an indica. I actually just remember I have one flowered I will snap a pic of it and post it.

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

CanniDo Cowboy

Veteran
DSC_0006.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Hey BG...Hey, a fellow "slope" grower...lol Terraced gardening will definately keep you in shape eh? I like your water supply set up! A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do...lol Good job brother...Nice! CC

CanniDo Cowboy

Veteran
Hey BG...Congrats man, may the grow Gods bless yer season. Curious...Are you using city water? My last place had a well but where I'm at now has the chlorine-loaded city water and I'm not sure how my plants will react... Thoughts?? CC