ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im so pissed
i broke my favourite bong the other day
makes me pissed just looking at it
just looked on aqualab for a while but couldnt find one i like as much(well unless we talking the ones that are thousands of dollars)

im hoping it can be repaired
or il try and contact the company(wildrock) and see if they got any more

any of you guys broken your best bong/pipe

or if you got any good links for glass bongs post them up for me

peace

Attachments

• IMG_0175.jpg
    IMG_0175.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0178.jpg
    IMG_0178.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0182.jpg
    IMG_0182.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 12

SetHeh

I'm sorry for your bong, I hope it can be repaired although I have no idea how would one do that.

Fortunately, I haven't broken any of my stoner paraphernalia yet, but considering how clumsy I can be sometimes I think it's only a matter of time.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
You can still probably use it in the meantime.

Get some wine wax or that clear wax you can get at the supermarket for jellies.

Warm it up until it's soft and make a new piece for your pull carb. Should seal pretty well.

Not pretty looking but it should work until you find out if you can send it off for repairs somewhere. :)

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

G

GreenPlant

Ojd! So is ya use that without water then! [Think im oldskool when it comes to this.Il fish out my bong pic]
Seen a gscookies vid on u tube..they use pipes and the bud seems permanently lite to me and they keep refilling or something ? Groovey stuff :D

Bowl = pipe right ?
thx crew :smoke:

says hashish in arabic.
Glassware from now on,eye like see the smoke :smoke:

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Nothing worse than breaking an expensive piece of glass. After I broke a few of my favorites I started only smoking joints. :joint:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I love glass but know it breaks.

I will not spend over a buck and a half on a tube because I don't want to cry when it breaks *AND IT WILL*

To see those plain pieces that cost thousands of dollars takes me back to the 80's and 90's when a hundred was a lot for a bong.

In a decade they'll have laboratory glassware that costs about twenty times more than it should.

And people will still buy one.

And it will still break.

Bluewidow

That's a pretty simple repair if there aren't any spider cracks, any decent blower can put that joint back on for you. Wildrock or Lennon both do great repairs.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I feel ya OJD - I've broken several pieces of the years I'd rather not have...

That glass you broke is almost EXACTLY what I'm looking for as well. Although...I like the same 90 degree coming off the inline - only I want a bar between the downstem and the tube itself - so it doesn't break exactly like yours has. And I want shower head where yours has the tree...

I know that ZOB glass made one a few years back that was very similar to your piece, OJD. Maybe you can start looking that direction. Although, I have no clue about the quality of ZOB or anything else about them for that matter...

dank.Frank

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
My pipe is made out of stone. I really have to try hard to break it. Last time I smoked a bong, it was plastic. I suspect glass is superior for taste, etc, however that bong was hard to break.

I feel for you though.

relic1981

Veteran
I broke my bong/ dab rig and it sux because I can't afford to replace it. I just need a thick 18-24" bong I can fit my to nail on and go to town. I've even put ads up on craigslist with no success ( I'm in Humboldt so no risk.. people levtry and sell pounds on there. If it was decent or high quality it sells itself in my experience. No need to advertise to potential narcs. But I'm asking for a used bong..

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I've had a brand new RooR sitting in the box for a while, never used, 18" tube, if I don't knock it over then a friend will, very nice straight tube gold label :dunno: dunno what to do with it.......

GoatCheese

Veteran

I've had a brand new RooR sitting in the box for a while, never used, 18" tube, if I don't knock it over then a friend will, very nice straight tube gold label :dunno: dunno what to do with it.......

Does it have a 5mm wall thickness as some Gold Labels seem to have? very difficult to break it just by "knocking it over" and i'd imagine Roor uses good quality glass also. Just fire the think up!!

Nowadays i only buy bongs with 5mm - 7mm glass thickness.

shithawk420

Veteran
ive got a gspot{yeah,yeah,laugh it up]5mm straight tube made in Germany that somehow lasted me atleast 5 years.on the website they got a guy breaking boards and hammering nails with the joint.thickest joint ive ever seen.

Stan G.

I hate the tragic loss of a trusty bong, especially a daily driver. I have had a few prized pieces of glass break, What is worse though, is when the cops jack your whole collection of quality glass.:tiphat:

Stan G.

Broken bongs help to teach detachment. I lent out one of my favorite pieces, a Honey Supply honey mug rig. I had gifted him a chunk of lovely hash due to a recent broken leg, and he needed something nice to burn it with. Well, he broke that piece. I just called him cause I wanted to smoke out of it while driving though Vail, and he gave me the unfortunate news. Oh, well.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Does it have a 5mm wall thickness as some Gold Labels seem to have? very difficult to break it just by "knocking it over" and i'd imagine Roor uses good quality glass also. Just fire the think up!!

Nowadays i only buy bongs with 5mm - 7mm glass thickness.

not exactly sure, need to get a friend to bring his micrometer by, it's thick as bongs go I suppose, but damn, @ 18" it's just too much for an old fart like me.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I did bongs for over 30 years, and coughed up black crap every morning. Have only vaped with Arizer Extreme-Q vape for 3 years now. A week after using, never coughed up crap again. It is a little weird at first, throwing out material that is not ash, but after 10 hits it turns dark brown, tastes bad, and has no potency left. The first 3 or 4 hits off a bowl are awesome. Better than smoking any day.

If I had bong, and was simple break, would use gorilla tape, or could probably find some glue at home depot.

GoatCheese

Veteran
not exactly sure, need to get a friend to bring his micrometer by, it's thick as bongs go I suppose, but damn, @ 18" it's just too much for an old fart like me.
By 18" do you mean the downpipe is 18 mm wide? if so, they sell converters so that you can use a 14 mm downpipe (..or bowl) in 18mm bongs.There's also converters for a 18mm bowl to work with 14mm downpipes.

My bong is a 18mm one but i have it converted to work with 14mm bowl, which makes it easier to smoke.