What's new

Broad Mites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Thanks for advice, I'll try this with hot water next round, now I'm like 1month in flowering and I don't feel that now it will be good for plants.
+ I don't like chemicals at all.
Now I'm waiting my growroom to get sauna style. Heat treatment day it is. All my hopes are in there. I really wasn't prepared for BM. Next round I will be. From the start!!
Nice day to you all

Forget hot water. That will mess plants up. Try it on one branch first if you want. It came out looking like limp spinach when I tried it.

whatthe215

Veteran
i have a lot of the SDF cuts and although i knew they were treated before i received them, i always assume that new additions to my garden have everything known to man.

but this time i didn't for some stupid reason.. but when i scoped em a week after getting them... i couldn't find anything using 100x scope with LED light thing. but they were all growing sorta weird. lotsa small growth... oh well.

i still haven't found one. but it was weird, these leaves are from one section of one plant among 40. not SDF cuts, a room of Bubbas in the same house. the only damage there was in the whole garden...

does it look like any of the mites' damage? i've been having pH issues and a bit of twisting but nothing like this...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

LEDNewbie

Veteran
So finally finished up the revamp on my room. Last night I brought room temps up to 125 degrees for about 40 minutes and around 120 degrees for 2.5 hours. Not only that but I had Co2 past 11,000ppm for over an hour, over 10,000ppm's for 2.5 hours and then I left Co2 in there and went to bed. When I got up 8 hours later room was around 7000ppm(And no, grow room is not in my house!!).

If that didn't kill everything that could have been remaining in the room after I sprayed it down with Spectracide then I don't know what will!!!! Picked up new cuts today, they will go in room in a week.

Will keep you guys posted how I make out with my grow. Plan on doing heat treatments every 2 weeks, forbid and Avid in Veg and plan on feeding plants Aspirin 2-3 times a week to help boost immune system... Keeping fingers crossed on this one!! :tiphat: Thanks for all the help everyone. Hopefully with my new found knowledge it will be enough to get a good healthy clean run in.

MrDank

Veteran
Check out the San Diegos Finest Cuts #3 thread if you have the time. Do a search within the thread for "dud" and read some of the more recent posts that come up. The hypothesis is that among other possible causes of the Dud-ing is plants being stunted from the toxins Broad mites inject into the plant while feeding. The negative effects seem to last a LONG time

I swear a handful of my strains never bounced back after being infected with broad mites. I got rid of them and haven't seen them for 7 months, but many of my strains still aren't performing up to par

this "dud" thing explains it all......

Storm Shadow

Veteran
http://www.marronebioinnovations.com/products/brand/regalia/

Advanced, Broad Spectrum Disease Control
REGALIA® is an advanced biofungicide that triggers a plant’s natural defenses to control a broad spectrum of agronomically important fungal and bacterial diseases. Active against both soilborne and foliar pathogens, REGALIA is proven to make protection programs better by improving pest control, enhancing plant growth, and increasing yield on a vast array of crops against a wide range of diseases. Featuring multi-site activity and complex mode of action, it delays the development of resistance and used in late-season application, it helps minimize chemical residues in harvested produce. Highly versatile and effective, REGALIA is an ideal product for broad spectrum disease control and fungicide resistance management programs.

Effective against a broad range of soilborne and foliar diseases…
REGALIA can be used alone, in rotation or in tank mix with most commercial fungicides to control a broad spectrum of bacterial and fungal diseases such as powdery mildew, downy mildew, Botrytis, bacterial spot and bacterial canker. What’s more, Regalia is effective against destructive soilborne pathogens including Pythium, Fusarium, Rhizoctonia and Phytopthora.

Complex mode of action enhances resistance management …
When treated with REGALIA, a plant’s defense system is ‘switched on’ to protect against attacking diseases. Research shows that plants treated with REGALIA produce, and accumulate, elevated levels of specialized proteins and other compounds known to inhibit fungal and bacterial diseases. REGALIA induces a plant to produce phytoalexins, cell strengtheners, antioxidants, phenolics, and PR proteins, which are all known inhibitors of plant pathogens

Merry X-Mas Everyone.....

The Numero Uno SAR Builder...it'll make your ladies shrug off that Broad Mite Residual Damage that Lingerssssssss FOREVER.....

Not to mention your herb will tase much nicer and smell better.... oh yeah and your plants will laugh at PM....

Dont throw away your ladies....Give them a few treatments Regalia and some of this just to put the cherry on top http://www.agrihouse.com/pdf/ODC Brochure.pdf

Proven to get the Job done...in Many rooms...for a couple Years now

:ying:

medicalmj

Veteran
My reply goes to medicalmj.

So I've talked about hot water dunks in different contexts at differnt times. So to clarify, the one w 80-100f concerning the symphalids (which seems unlikey to be an issue) is not a "hot" water dunk to kill. It agitates them more at higher temps. But rather pleasant for the plant to be a +-90F. And symphalids are easily forced to move by flooding, the tanglefoot will catch them.

I've also talked about a real hot water dunk at 125F in regards to someone who was going to harvest but wanted to kill broad mites on the plant so he didn't just have them leave the dead & dried herb he just harvested. And a 10 minute 125F dunk right before the trim wont affect. But try one stem to be sure and put your mind at ease.

But the studies prove that you will kill them at 125F, but you run the risk of killing some plants. The academic studies have often been on grape root stock and other dormant plants. So always test a true hot dunk first before doiing many.

Messodas

I understand and I believe you.
I now that it was ment only for the roots.
Hot water.
Tomorrow I go skiing for a week.
I hope for the best, my plants are in ... hands.
All good to everybody.
Lp M.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
This is also the new deadly weapon against Broad Mites...

http://www.montereyagresources.com/...nager/files/Biomite_ProductBulletin011510.pdf

http://www.forestrydistributing.com/p/253/biomite-organic-miticide-omri-listed

Biomite Organic Miticide is a minimum risk biochemical miticide that controls mites, including Two-Spotted Mites, Pacific Mites, Willamette Mites, Citrus Rust Mites, Broad Mites and European Red Mites. Biomite is a miticide with a novel mode of action, which inhibits the development of resistance. This product is registered for use on apples, cucurbits, grapes, hops, nuts, pears, stone fruit, nursery and ornamentals, and is ideal for mite control in integrated pest management (IPM). Use Biomite Miticide alone or in rotation with other miticides.

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Hey storm shadow. Have you used that regalia product? I was looking at it a while back. If so how do you integrate it into your program?

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Regalia is amazing....Use it once a week in veg on your moms for like a month....and watch how amazing your clones come out... I also mix it with any medium Im about to clone in and it gives them thick strong roots...it has so many benefits .... Knocks Duds out with Vengance...Both Foliar and Drench Applications should be made to get the maximum benefits from it...

the gnome

Veteran
looks like biomite has been available since 2009.
its use as a control means that though, it won't wipe em out like avid-forbid and pylon.
but would probably best a best option in bloom inconjunction with heat treatments.
its a bit pricey,... maybe lol
hard to to tell by the 2nd link??

ok, found another site that sells $152 per 3qt bottle
stll not cheap for something that doesn't effectively kill mites.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
$112 for 3 quarts isnt bad...if money is an issue...you will lose the BM battle....I can assure you of this...be prepared to come out the pockets if you dont want to see them pop back up or have their toxin linger to the point of destroying your mother stock or library of genetics...

These Bugs are game changers..they will wipe your ass out if you dont get them with everything....

MF Grimm

Hey Storm Shadow, big ups on the Regala link.

I just got a brochure from my hydro store from a company called Axiom Harpin Proteins. They look similar to what you posted.

What do you think? Always good to see new info on the subject.

http://www.axiom-harpin.com/

Free samples available on their home page... sorry to peeps in Cali as they don't ship there.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Hey Storm Shadow, big ups on the Regala link.

I just got a brochure from my hydro store from a company called Axiom Harpin Proteins. They look similar to what you posted.

What do you think? Always good to see new info on the subject.

http://www.axiom-harpin.com/

Free samples available on their home page... sorry to peeps in Cali as they don't ship there.

http://www.biologicaltreeservices.com/DFU's/EMPLOY.pdf

http://stores.sustainablelandscapesupply.net/-strse-179/harpin-protein-nematode/Detail.bok

Amazing product when used in conjunction with all the other SAR boosters.....This stuff will for sure help with the Dud problem..Ive ordered from this place b4 and I live in Cali

LEDNewbie

Veteran
$112 for 3 quarts isnt bad...if money is an issue...you will lose the BM battle....I can assure you of this...be prepared to come out the pockets if you dont want to see them pop back up or have their toxin linger to the point of destroying your mother stock or library of genetics...

These Bugs are game changers..they will wipe your ass out if you dont get them with everything....

Hey Storm, I know in the beginning of this thread you were a big advocate of Avid. What are you liking these days for your entire pest/BM management program? Would you mind going over your whole program? Ive already spent a small fortune on pesticides, don't mind spending a little more if I can guarantee success!! :thank you:

I like that your really on the up and up of whats out there and works!!

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Avid and Forbid are a MUST HAVE if you want to get rid of them for good...everything else just helps make sure that no generation can survive dormant or not...

I use everything Ive mentioned b4 and some new stuff....I just keep up with the maintence and I never even see eggs or any signs of their presence...its not easy ...it requires some time and paitence...and even sacrafice of time/money....but in the end you can win the battle

RetroGrow

Veteran
So finally finished up the revamp on my room. Last night I brought room temps up to 125 degrees for about 40 minutes and around 120 degrees for 2.5 hours. Not only that but I had Co2 past 11,000ppm for over an hour, over 10,000ppm's for 2.5 hours and then I left Co2 in there and went to bed. When I got up 8 hours later room was around 7000ppm(And no, grow room is not in my house!!).

If that didn't kill everything that could have been remaining in the room after I sprayed it down with Spectracide then I don't know what will!!!! Picked up new cuts today, they will go in room in a week.

Will keep you guys posted how I make out with my grow. Plan on doing heat treatments every 2 weeks, forbid and Avid in Veg and plan on feeding plants Aspirin 2-3 times a week to help boost immune system... Keeping fingers crossed on this one!! :tiphat: Thanks for all the help everyone. Hopefully with my new found knowledge it will be enough to get a good healthy clean run in.

If you are doing the heat/Co2 thing, there is no need to use any toxic chemicals at all. Dead is dead. You can't get any deader than dead. You can only kill them once. And it kills them all over the room too, not just on the plants. And it kills the eggs. So the people who are recommending poison over heat are doing so only because they have never tried heat. If they had, they would know that chems aren't necessary at all. Using chems will only create resistant strains in the long run, not to mention adding toxins to your environment. If I have the choice of killing without using chems, I will always choose that way. Turning on the heat every week or two for an hour is a whole lot simpler & safer than constantly spraying with toxic chemicals. I like the CO2 idea also. Any workable solutions that don't use toxins are superior, IMO. For those who are still using poison, try the heat method, and you will never go back to spraying that crap again. And plain ole' aspirin, $3 a bottle, is still the best immune system booster for plants, despite what the snake oil salesmen would have you believe. An aspirin a day will keep the symptoms away. Aspirin is ALWAYS in my rez. No negative effects, only positive. Even your grandmother knew about it.

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Thanks everyone!:tiphat:

Retro, once bitten twice shy. I have to see this next round go to its full potential!!! Why I'm doing both chems and heat. If I can get this next round to be without a doubt 100% successful then I may consider backing down on the chems for the next round.... Maybe. I know dead is dead. But I'm scared and shit about these BM's now and will not fuck around or take them lightly ever again!!!!

Hey Storm, now that you have completely eliminated BM's from your environment do you still use Avid and Forbid? Or just these other products?

Status
Not open for further replies.