Broad Mites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Floramite sc works like an atomic bomb.
Siiigghhh....
Doesn't look like you read much of the thread. Multiple users here including myself have reported that Floramite is NOT the ticket for dealing with Broad Mites

Grow Tech

Veteran
I'm workin on my 50 posts is all
Not to be a dick but a user who builds post count by posting bad info is not what is needed.
There lots of threads where you can post random crap to build your count that doesn't have the potential to fuck someones attempt to deal with a serious threat to their crop

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im using these predators which def seem to help out big time

from koppert.com
Neoseiulus californicus

peace

Monkdawg840

Not to be a dick but a user who builds post count by posting bad info is not what is needed.
There lots of threads where you can post random crap to build your count that doesn't have the potential to fuck someones attempt to deal with a serious threat to their crop

I had the worst case of mites. Nothing got rid of them permanently. Azamax, bombs, u name it. Only thing that worked was floramite. They say to rotate that n avid to avoid tolerance ESP in pot growing areas which I don't live in but u may. I wouldn't post bs for the sake of anything as I am an up n coming breeder but obviously I don't know who I am. ;)

Storm Shadow

Veteran
I had the worst case of mites. Nothing got rid of them permanently. Azamax, bombs, u name it. Only thing that worked was floramite. They say to rotate that n avid to avoid tolerance ESP in pot growing areas which I don't live in but u may. I wouldn't post bs for the sake of anything as I am an up n coming breeder but obviously I don't know who I am. ;)

Quit posting non-sense in this thread... try reading it from the beginning next time...

BROADMITES ARE NOT SPIDERMITES!!!!!

SPIDERMITES ARE NOT BROADMITES!!!!!

the gnome

Veteran

agreed,

what grow tech posted is basic common sense
this isn't the place for what your trying to do.
your also giving out bad advice
that can have every bad consequences

and its just plain bad manners what your doing
petard2.gif

does 50 posts mean that much to you

hobb3s93

watup guys so i went got a 40x hydro loupe today got back into garden and started looking around, i started on nodes coudint see much so i cut off some damaged leaves(very close to new growth,not large fan) all i can see are tiny silver balls (or orbs or specs) but they are all over the new growth. to me they almost look like the hairs that u would find on stem of a fan leaf but u guys have been showing pics of small translucent mites or eggs. my question to the experts is these orbs are all over the leaf , they are very uniform, and i am only shwoing minimal damage (leaf curling and some of what seem to be old bites that are now necrotic. is this close to what u guys have experienced? keep in mind i have been treating my plants with azamax , safer garlic miticide, HSPSs and hot shot flea and bed bug foggers through out veg .do u think the difference in(their) night temps could have caused them to wilt or become more suseptable to other pests? weve had cold nights for the last couple days so the temp dropped to 62-64f at night rather 68-70f. does cold root temp cause plants to wilt or curl slightly? sorry for the long and condeluded post guys .:tiphat:

RetroGrow

Veteran
watup guys so i went got a 40x hydro loupe today got back into garden and started looking around, i started on nodes coudint see much so i cut off some damaged leaves(very close to new growth,not large fan) all i can see are tiny silver balls (or orbs or specs) but they are all over the new growth. to me they almost look like the hairs that u would find on stem of a fan leaf but u guys have been showing pics of small translucent mites or eggs. my question to the experts is these orbs are all over the leaf , they are very uniform, and i am only shwoing minimal damage (leaf curling and some of what seem to be old bites that are now necrotic. is this close to what u guys have experienced? keep in mind i have been treating my plants with azamax , safer garlic miticide, HSPSs and hot shot flea and bed bug foggers through out veg .do u think the difference in(their) night temps could have caused them to wilt or become more suseptable to other pests? weve had cold nights for the last couple days so the temp dropped to 62-64f at night rather 68-70f. does cold root temp cause plants to wilt or curl slightly? sorry for the long and condeluded post guys .:tiphat:

Eggs will be on leaf bottoms only.
If you are seeing something all over the leaves, probably trichomes. Suggest a more powerful scope. 100X works well for broad/cyclaman mites.

Grow Tech

Veteran
If you are seeing something all over the leaves, probably trichomes. Suggest a more powerful scope. 100X works well for broad/cyclaman mites.
It was tucked down into new growth but i'v found BM eggs on the top surfaces...and I personally prefer my 30x to my 100x for pest scouting including for BM. To each their own...as long as it works.
I agree that Hobb3s93 is probably looking at resin balls

the gnome

Veteran

are you talking about broad mite eggs?
the ones I've seen are on the tops and bottoms of the leaves
they don't seem to have a preference imo.
but when it comes to mating they're territorial and want their own space.
may be they prefer the undersides of the leaf,
but when no more *territory down under that's available* they'll take what ever there is.
just conjecture on my part

if the broads have laid eggs it a lot easier to spot the eggs than the mites with a loupe

RetroGrow

Veteran
are you talking about broad mite eggs?
the ones I've seen are on the tops and bottoms of the leaves
they don't seem to have a preference imo.
but when it comes to mating they're territorial and want their own space.
may be they prefer the undersides of the leaf,
but when no more *territory down under that's available* they'll take what ever there is.
just conjecture on my part

if the broads have laid eggs it a lot easier to spot the eggs than the mites with a loupe

Have only ever seen them on the underside of leaves. They don't like light, so presumably that is part of the reason.

M

moodster

does this look like BM damage ? ive looked with my scope and still cant find nothing its my neighbours cut

Attachments

• SAM_1015.jpg
    SAM_1015.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 21
  • SAM_1017.jpg
    SAM_1017.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 21

Storm Shadow

Veteran
BM eggs will be everywhere.... they do not hesitate to park that ass anywhere they want... I've seen them right under the lights dancing and singing x-mas carols ...

moodster..... Look for the eggs.....that looks like BM damage for sure

hobb3s93

i still cant seem to find much, even off damaged nodes i cut off for better observation, should mites be larger than the eggs? are the adult mites yellow?

Im getting the leaf curl and node stunting. my blackberry rhino from PO is main culprit as far as "semi tacoing" but the others from PO are showing more of the "clawing". The same strains in my mother room are clawing too but have had little more than a NPS as prevention, none of the crazy mutilation some have posted here .

Do u guys think i would be showing alot more damage in my mother room if i was indeed infected?( i know thats a stupid question) i havent even started flower got atleast a week more veg think i should hit em with sum avid just to be safe?

jus a newb looking for some guidence ,dont mean to bug you guys, happy growing, fuck mites and any input is appreciated:thank you:

Status
Not open for further replies.