Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Paine

Veteran
Some cool stuff:

Some cool stuff:

Antivirus and No-Thrips Insect Screens

Antivirus Insect Screens - Mesh size: 50 x 24

White antivirus insect screens prevent small insects and virus vectors from entering greenhouses. They are designed to maximize performance for two major objectives:
1. Maximum air circulation to enable optimal yields.
2. 100% blockage of Bemisia tabaci Whitefly, minimizing or eliminating use of chemicals.
Years of lab and field testing have resulted in a unique screen construction to meet these objectives.
Screens are made of high tensile-strength monofilaments. They are UV resistant and stabilized, lightweight, and easy to install. Special equipment maintains accuracy of hole size in a patented construction process, and screen keeps its strength and stability even if mechanically punctured. Screens are easily cleaned with power sprayers by interior side flushing.

Antivirus insect screens exclude Whitefly, Aphids, Leafminers and up to 80% of Western Flower Thrips.

Hole opening size: .0105 x .0322"
thread size: .24 mm
light transmission: 80%
weight: .33 lbs./sq. yard
maximum length: 656 feet

No-Thrips Insect Screens
No-thrips insect screens exclude Thrips, and are designed for applications where exclusion has a priority over ventilation.

Hole opening size: .0059 x .0059"
thread size: .15 mm
light transmission: 66%
weight: .216 lbs./sq. yard
maximum length: 328 feet

Sold by the yard by Bioquip

Thomas Paine

Veteran
Interesting info:

Interesting info:

Cyclamen mites are usually greenish and transparent and less than 1 mm in size. Their eggs are smooth and more apt to be found hidden in folds of plant tissue. They like to hide in buds or tips of new growth. They avoid light and prefer high humidity and cool (60 degrees F.) temperatures. Their feeding results in stunted growth with leaves generally curling upward. Leaves become stiffened and brittle (black in the case of delphiniums) and flowers are deformed or reduced.

Broad mites are smaller than cyclamen mites, broader, and are faster moving. Adult females are straw colored. Broad mites have a white stripe down their back, but the easiest way to differentiate the two may be by their eggs. Broad mites eggs have many small white bumps on them and eggs are usually observed in more open locations. Typically adults cause deformed shoots and leaves, which usually curl downward, and reduced flowering. Bronzing or purpling of the leaves commonly occurs on the underside of leaves where the mites feed. Broad mites reproduce most prolifically at temperatures between 70 and 80 degrees F.

Lifecycle

Cyclamen mites can complete their lifecycle in only 1 to 3 weeks depending upon conditions. Adults can overwinter out of doors as far north as Canada in protected locations and complete many generations a year.

Broad mites can complete their lifecycle in only one week and also have a resting, pupal stage. They can overwinter in greenhouses or on indoor plants but is doubtful they can overwinter out or doors in Missouri. Meaning that each year new infestations out of doors develop from plants that have been overwintered indoors or from infested plants obtained from a nursery or garden center.

http://www.missouribotanicalgarden....s/insects/mites/cyclamen-and-broad-mites.aspx

S

SooperSmurph

I'd say it's because those screens have nothing to do with mites of any kind.

Just sayin, post on mite species info, 3 helpfuls, post on gnat screens, 2 unhelpfuls, seems to be a correlation there.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
how do you people go about dunking clones?? given the three to five day re apply thing?

can you still dunk while they are rooting or what?

Thomas Paine

Veteran
Plants update

Plants update

My plants are looking a lot better, this is from yesterday:

Cherry Pie:

0728131905.jpg

Same plant 4 days ago:

0725131632a.jpg

Blue Dream:

Tops are all coming in strong, and no more leaf curling, everythings pretty much flat:

0728131906b.jpg

0728131906.jpg

Indoors have been re-potted and showing no signs of re-infestation.

Thanks for everyone's help so far...

:woohoo:

Thomas Paine

Veteran
Double Dream looking hella better:

0801130958a.jpg

Same plant, 7 days ago:

0725131633.jpg

----------

Cherry Pie:

0801130959.jpg

0801130959a.jpg

Same plant 7 days ago:

0725131632a.jpg

-------------

Success is only 7 days away after proper treatment.

Avid seemed to do the trick for me BTW.

Forbid may work for some people, but I have found it to be highly phyto-toxic. Avid doesn't seem to be.

I am continuing use of the OGBiowar outside, easier to keep the humidity correct. Inside will have weekly Neem treatments from now on.

A HUGE thank you to all the forum peeps that have helped with this topic/thread. An especially BIG HUGE THANK YOU to all the old timers that conquered the problem and still continue to stop in this thread and give advice and positive support. Too many to name, but you know who you are!

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I was wrong. the hot water bath killed all my clones. weird cuz it didn't kill the first ones I did a test on... Oh well, more cuts coming soon I guess, the next batch should be almost mite free too cuz I been treating the outdoor plants. one more spray of avid on Friday then next week I will use the og biowar. Thinkin bout predator mites after that. How long did it take when you ordered um for um to come? I want to time it so Im ready to release soon as they arrive...

Thomas Paine

Veteran
I was wrong. the hot water bath killed all my clones. weird cuz it didn't kill the first ones I did a test on.

Sorry to here that man, but I told you so.

-----------

The company pretty much needs to have the predators sent overnight, they are alive.

So within 24 hours of your order you will have the predator mites

:)

Not hot water

Not hot water

I was wrong. the hot water bath killed all my clones. weird cuz it didn't kill the first ones I did a test on... Oh well, more cuts coming soon I guess, the next batch should be almost mite free too cuz I been treating the outdoor plants. one more spray of avid on Friday then next week I will use the og biowar. Thinkin bout predator mites after that. How long did it take when you ordered um for um to come? I want to time it so Im ready to release soon as they arrive...[/quote

People need to go back and read thread. Cause I have had to correct this information too many times. "Hot water treatments" are completely different from "Heat treatments"...all the best...!:blowbubbles:

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
I was wrong. the hot water bath killed all my clones. weird cuz it didn't kill the first ones I did a test on... Oh well, more cuts coming soon I guess, the next batch should be almost mite free too cuz I been treating the outdoor plants. one more spray of avid on Friday then next week I will use the og biowar. Thinkin bout predator mites after that. How long did it take when you ordered um for um to come? I want to time it so Im ready to release soon as they arrive...

I think outdoor people really should use natural remedies like predator mites etc. I don't think its good to spray pesticides outside where it can effect the environment. plus most likely if there are any surviving mites after spraying, these are the ones which themselves or decedents may build up an immunity etc.
not being a prick I just think its worth a thought.

I can dig it.

I can dig it.

''1 out of 2 members found this post helpful'' someone really hates my posts lol

I hear ya bro. If my system of "OGbiowar and heat treatments" work out (And I believe it will) I will post the results here and the methods used (Timing of heat and spray applications) It will be known as "The Bro Science" Technique. Don't let the neg reps bring you down. I don't understand why people think money is more important than family and friends health. ...All the very best...!:dance013:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Sorry to here that man, but I told you so.

-----------

The company pretty much needs to have the predators sent overnight, they are alive.

So within 24 hours of your order you will have the predator mites

:)

y did this get negative rep? He answered my question. K+.

Thomas Paine

Veteran
y did this get negative rep? He answered my question. K+.

Prob because they are mad that I am having success.

Keep your cool Get MO, your gonna beat this soon too.

The heat treatment seemed to work for cleaning my room, no new damage to anything in there after I treated the empty room for 4+ hours.

I have a bunch of stuff in there worshiping the lights... GSC forum, GSC platinum, Cherry Pie, Phantom, Med USA, Double Dream, Ghost OG and Platinum OG. No new damage at all, been in there a week.

Backyard has a 5K OG, Kosher Kush, White Fire OG, 6 Blue Dreams, 2 Atomic N.L.'s and another large GSC.
Don't see anything as far as new damage on those either.
Some you almost can't tell they ever had damage :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.