What's new

Broad mites thread part 2

Intimea

I bought a fogger from Home Depot, but realize that it is only meant to be used with certain insecticide, so will return it.

Does anyone know if a hot mist or cool mist would be better. I have no idea how hot the mist is. The hot ones seem to be for large outdoor areas, where the cool one is designed for indoors.

Also wondered if humidifier might work.

I have tent that is due to be done next week. A couple of plants have mangy little buds. Checked some leave and found nothing living on it, using microscope. Would the mite move to the flowers, and abandon the leaves?

Hi

If I understand correctly, hot mist and cold mist are 2 different stuff.
Hot mist uses (like the word says) hot water by making it boiling...this means higher electric consuption, but better results

Cold mist uses vibrating membrane that micronizes the water and makes it volatile...this means lower consuptions, but worst results.

Obviously using the hot one instead the cold one, will effect even on temp.

PS: the mites can be everywhere.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Og bio war folliar pack definately kills broad mites

My crew had it for a while(over a year) and we got rid of it spraying the foliar pack into late flower and we also used predator mites from koppert.com( californicus)

My mates tried all the chemical products avid,forbid etc and i tried all the organic sprays but only the bio war fully eliminated the broad mites

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Og bio war folliar pack definately kills broad mites

My crew had it for a while(over a year) and we got rid of it spraying the foliar pack into late flower and we also used predator mites from koppert.com( californicus)

My mates tried all the chemical products avid,forbid etc and i tried all the organic sprays but only the bio war fully eliminated the broad mites

I had heard to use that, but skipped since the product description was so vague. I have a bunch of stuff. May start with Nuke Em. Trying to decide between hot or cold fogger at moment. Watched video's and cold seems to take more time. Hot would only require about a 5 second blast for a 4 X 8 tent. Have pyrethrin, green cleaner, spinosad and neem. Will try the Biowar if those do not do the job. I have not found any on the remaining plants. Through out all of the sick plants, before being told it was broad mites.

Did they apply with a sprayer or a fogger??

I was holding off on the predatory mites, until needed, since they are expensive.

Thanks!!

Loc Dog

Veteran
One concern I have with hot fogger, is if it will kill bacteria, like Spinosad or OG Biowar. May be better off with weaker cold fogger, since tents are only 228 cubic feet or 4 X 8 X 7.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Kontos 1 ml per gallon .. use it twice 2 weeks apart.. Broad Mites will be a distant Memory

No other product even comes close ... Systemic all day

raven44

Try spraying with ozonated water 3x per week

Atoz ozone.com u want the "aqua6"

I wear a mask when I spray and use a pump sprayer. Does wonders for pm and just keeping ur room medical grade if u will....

$90 shipped u won't regret it

Loc Dog

Veteran
FYI,

All of the cuttings I left in 110 F water for an hour, turned to mush 3 days later.

I am going to try having rooted cuts, then put them in a mini greenhouse, on a cookie sheet, on a mini hotplate, and bring to 120F for an hour, next time.

raven44

Ozone= o3....

It has the power to sterilize. Literally. Way more powerfully than h2o2. And it won't burn the plant yet it is stronger than h2o2 at effective levels.

Loc Dog

Veteran
You guys that have had broad mites, has it been a problem to find them on leaves with a microscope??? The sick plants I threw out, found on first leaf I checked, but have yet to see any on plants in any other room.

I suspect some plants just about to harvest might have them, but have avoided touching for weeks, in a tent with airflow to outside.