What's new

British Lung Foundation Health risks of cannabis 'underestimated'

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"And 88% incorrectly thought tobacco cigarettes were more harmful than cannabis ones - when the risk of lung cancer is actually 20 times higher."

So the hundred plus factually recorded scientific studies that have seen that says cannbis helps prevent cancer are just made up? University of Harvard Science teams are just gonna start making shit up? Stanford too? What about the A.M.A.? Even they have studies showing cancer prevention.

Fuck the BBC. the only place you can news these days is from the young turks.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Would be foolish to discount so many studies from respected European sources , simply because they disagree with your own mindset or agenda.

Its not an attack on cannabis itself , but the common delivery method in the UK , which is mixed with tobacco from ciggys or rougth handrolling tobaccos , no filter and drawn on deep and long due to its cost.

C

Chamba

So the UK has decided to push a new lie, that cannabis causes lung cancer..In Australia the latest hysterical nonsensical scare tactic theme that I see cropping up in the media over and over again for the past few years is that cannabis causes insanity with heavy long term use, they've done such a good job with this lie that many middle aged Australians now accept this as scientifically proven fact and mention " oh, but pot causes mental illness" like they have been programmed every time the subject of cannabis is raised. When most people begin to question their myths, as they eventually do especially when those lies are finally generally accepted as outright bs or at best biased exaggerations then they change to a new lie, this same tactic has been going on for decades, and it works well. It's quite seamless how it works, next year you might see less and less mention of the cannabis/lung cancer link as more and more people say that it's the tobacco doing the damage, not the pot, then you will notice a whole new line of BS being fed to the masses..

Last edited:

Rouge

Power corrupts............ and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

They can dish out their BS propaganda as much as they like but people will listen to that BS for only so long .................until one day, one day, they all get thrown out like the dirty bath water that they are. It is NOT TRUE that if you repeat stuff to folks long enuff, they will believe it. Otherwise we would never have come down from the trees.

I know that EVERYONE saw Michael Phelps pulling rips on a bong after winning SIX (6) GOLD MEDALS at the previous Olympics and subsequently being discredited for doing so despite that achievement. Well folks, he's baaaack with a vengeance and something to prove....... in London.

And EVERYONE will be watching.

This is very similar to Jesse Owens smashing the aryan superiority myth and putting hitler's nazis in their place in the 1936 Berlin Olympics.............well Phelps, you up to the challenge???

I wish he'd stop denying his constitutional protected freedoms because as much as he says, it was bad judgement, a picture is worth more than anything he can ever say.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
There could well be some truth to it.

Many have bought into the bloom boosters (IE PK 13/14, et al)

Guess what gun powder is made from- phosphorus.

Guess what mj doesn't really need much of P

Also, most street herb is not grown with the best quality nutes.

Unless you are a chimney, you can grow 1-3ozs very stealthfully. It's not rocket science, but it requires care and understanding

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So the UK has decided to push a new lie, that cannabis causes lung cancer..

Read the full report rather than a media precis.

We had the canna causes schitzophrenia scares a year back , further studies now in progress should reveal any real link , probably that some individuals should avoid weed and many other drugs , includeing many prescription meds and tobacco.
Many bipolar people have learnt to use weed to modify and control the symptoms and hide it for years , rather than the weed causeing the problem.

EVERYONE saw Michael Phelps pulling rips on a bong after winning SIX (6) GOLD MEDALS

A bit of decent bud is hardly going to effect an athlete of that quality , an ounce of UK soap would fuck him up for sure.

this is a dangerously irresponsible mix of conjecture, extremist opinion and scaremongering

Its actually quite fair if taken as a whole , these are the people who influence government policy , rather than us , and they tend to be cautious.

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
What is it with the brits lately? Seems like the whole country has their panties in a twist over weed.

Anyway, I call shenanigans on their "research". You can find a plethora of articles that refute and contradict what they've said. A couple of them have already been cited here.
Been smoking for 20+ years and gods willing will continue to do so for many more decades. Go scare someone else who gives a shit main stream media research folk.

neuroherb

dont forget the brits smoke their weed with tobacco so..............

The study doesn't quote weed it quotes smoking a joint so compared to the tons of scrap bar laden with plastic or the grit weed or even the wet rotting weed being sold and smoked 'Tobacco' is probably the least of the worries regarding smoking. Brit grower dealer while in A'dam == claims of always smoking sellling excellent bud. Brit grower dealer back in the UK == generally greedy fuck wits that sell damp to wet shite just for the extra cash.

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
"Smoking all their government drugs" - Roy Harper 1971 .... not a lot changes

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
For a while the UK government has been taken over by Astrazenica, GlaxoSmithKline and private bankers in London DC together with that Murdoch guy for the media.

Keep on growing :)

A

Alone

Im sure its all propaganda.
But! I have always had lung issues. When I smoke cigs and weed together I rapidly decline in health and I get asthma attacks and chest pain really bad,

If I just smoke cigs I still get asthma and chest pain.

If I just smoke weed and NOT cigs, then some strains like DJ Shorts Blueberry bring on asthma attacks if I smoke to much. But most strains opens up my lungs and helps with my asthma. I do smoke 10 joints a day and I do feel that any smoke in the lungs cant be healthy. I do however think that it is much safer than ciggs. Together though its a toxic mix of the weed opening up the lungs so the ciggs tar and stuff gets deeper in the lung tissue.

neuroherb

Im sure its all propaganda.
But! I have always had lung issues. When I smoke cigs and weed together I rapidly decline in health and I get asthma attacks and chest pain really bad,

If I just smoke cigs I still get asthma and chest pain.

If I just smoke weed and NOT cigs, then some strains like DJ Shorts Blueberry bring on asthma attacks if I smoke to much. But most strains opens up my lungs and helps with my asthma. I do smoke 10 joints a day and I do feel that any smoke in the lungs cant be healthy. I do however think that it is much safer than ciggs. Together though its a toxic mix of the weed opening up the lungs so the ciggs tar and stuff gets deeper in the lung tissue.

One of the side effect benefits I receive from my recreational use of cannabis is also a benefit with my asthma when as you say it is smoked pure and is good quality. I find vaporising actually more effective in getting the asthma glut out. I would think purely from a medical perspective if I was trying to maximise the bronchial dialator effect I would strive to remove the carciogenic green material aiming to get an inhalator type gadget that stored the good compounds vaporising them as you inhaled. Although I agree with the studies that show cannabis compounds could be good for this I don't think commercial UK available cannabis or its derivatives would be a good solution.

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Ya know...one other F.U.C.K.I.N.G. commentary before I put this nonsense to rest:
Just take a looksie at any television channel practically any time during the day or night.....you're bound to see some group of lawyers fishing for folks injured by whatever their docs have prescribed for them....or by whatever procedure was performed.....
You name it....hip replacement, blood pressure medication, asthma medication, blood sugar medication.....etc...etc....etc....ad nauseum.

For all the problems marijuana causes purportedly, there are hundreds if not thousands of documented cases of patients screwed the hell up by the meds and surgeries they counted on. This doesn't mean that folks shouldn't take their meds or consent to things that are vital to their health.....it is to say that mostly all things have side effects and complications....even given the best circumstances. So all this drum beating and soap boxing about weed is just nonsensical. I can point to the physician's desk reference and pull out any page to see the minimum of 15 side effects that any drug in that book has.

ALL DRUGS HAVE EFFECTS. ALL DRUGS HAVE SIDE EFFECTS. DEAL WITH IT. Stop putting one out above all the others and demonizing it to the point of hysteria.

Hell, as far as cancer is concerned......birth control pills which are ubiquitous across cultures and the world.......are probably one of the biggest causes of uterine, ovarian and other female related cancers. So weed isn't scaring me.....

If the folks in the world wanna do something productive to curtail the development of these things.....they should start pointing fingers at the myriad of different cleaning chemicals for the home coupled with the rampant and abusive use of cosmetics and all the shit people eat from the soda they seem to not be able to live without to the processed foods that folks suck down like it's their last meal.

You wanna come in heavy and take shots at weed....I say take a look at all the bullshit you've already stuffed into people like there's no tomorrow.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Yeah I have always LOVED this one too because to date I do believe they don't have one link to cannabis KILLING anyone this way,,, and the beats go on..
Wiki also put out another bit of propaganda imvho about cannabis and "testicular cancer" ONLY from ppl in the" West" mind you lol.. Gee why would that be could be" PRESTICIDES" right lol.. How bais do you think these tests truly are? lol headband 707

iampolluted

didn't read the entire thread but what a crock of shit! in some cases just breathing "causes" cancer. people who don't smoke anything, ever, still get it. we are ALL susceptible to developing cancer based on environmental stresses and genetics. man causes more cancer than any plant ever could.

Latest posts

Latest posts