What's new

breeding pitbulls

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOKUY

Veteran
LiveGiveTryDie said:
We don't need anybody breeding a single 'nother dog. There are plenty in shelters. Don't add to the problem! =(

yep..if u love dogs for real..then u need to adopt :bashhead:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
if i could find pure bred blue pits in a shelter id adopt. any chance of that expensive of an animal even making it to the pound? i dont think so, someone else can get that lab or chihuahua or poodle, those arent my dogs of choice.

abirdintheair said:
if i could find pure bred blue pits in a shelter id adopt. any chance of that expensive of an animal even making it to the pound? i dont think so, someone else can get that lab or chihuahua or poodle, those arent my dogs of choice.
So fix the problem, and don't be like that. Realize a dog's happiness is more important than if you get this or that dog. I'm sure you could find a dog you would like at a shelter if you looked around as hard as you do to find a purebred! Good luck.

og dmc

I have to agree, breeding dogs will either have to be done responsibly, meaning breeders need to limit the amont of litters themselves, or it will need to be regulated in some way. To many dogs end up in shelters. And yes expensive pure breds find there way to shelters all the time. They wont have papers to prove it though.

I say no more breeding dogs 'til the shelters are under control and not overloaded. That's hard to enforce but may as well try. That's just me though.

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My thoughts are that the thread starter wants to breed the Pits to fight them. Why? Because everybody on this thread has an opinion yea or nay and he hasn't made any response at all. There's too many of us on this thread who denounces that barbaric bullshit. Does the meaning "man's best friend" mean ANYTHING to those of you who fights your dog? Obviously not. My question is would you put your "dawg"(best friend) up to a fight? I have NO RESPECT for ANYONE who'll expose their pet to that sort of brutality. Then to have the unmitigating gall to kill it if it loses the fight. Unfuckingreal! By now you must know that I don't just love dogs. I'm IN LOVE with them. There's a difference. They love you UNCONDITIONALLY. Small or LARGE.

To all you MF"s out here that like to fight your dog - let me see you put your own "macho" ass on the line like that. Be careful now, and don't lose, or I'll put a bullet in your ass - or drown you even.

Last edited:

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
NOKUY said:
from the above post ...does anyone see the correlation between my dog and my avatar?....only sumthing i just realized (pic 3).

Yep - you and your doggie have the same hairstyle. :headbange

NICE!!

gamehaze2

no i dont want to fight my dogs, howevever i appreciate that without the true pit breeders we wouldnt have one of the most superior breed of dogs without years and years of selective breeding. i just want to carry on some royal bloodlines and im not having some redneck bent officer come and put down a stable dog without breeding ten more for every one thats put down. but i do agree dog breeding needs to be done ethically and responsibly.

skin

there are so many full of shit people expressing opinions about dogs and things they know nothing about on this thread !
gamehaze asked a simple question about breeding , he didnt ask for a lecture !
i am sure he knows what he wants in a dog and doesnt need telling .
i have nine pits and they are all game bred and not one of them has been fought in its life other than the odd accidental scuffle and kennel fight here and there !
some of them i have bred and kept instead of selling as i am not selling my babies to wanabe gangsters and posing (hard) men .
hundreds of years of fighting have shaped these awesome dogs into what they are today and i for one respect the hell out of them and their abilities !
i breed only enough to keep the game and fire in my dogs , the last litter was only because my bitch was getting to old so i had to breed her or lose her bloodline .

re pound dogs-

would everyone here grow random shit weed because someone gave them it ? not if you where limited for space and had to pay the electric bills you wouldnt !!!!!
so its ok to pick and choose your weed genetics and seeds and yet a man cannot choose a dog for its genetics ?
the man wants what he wants , probably only so much time ,space and money for food etc and you all expect him to travel round to pick a pound dog with a unknown history ?
if your all such good people why havent you done it out of the goodness of your heart ? another dog wont hurt , infact go get a few :nono:
come on people

pakm4n

lol this thread is lunching he asked one question and a whole bunch of dog animal activists are like...OMG HES TRYING TO FIGHT PIT BULLS THATS SO WRONG!!!!!OMG HOW CRUEL....go eat some vegetables.....I GUESS

skin

the modern day so called pits are not even in the same league as the proper old time pits .
the new generation are bulldog crosses bred for stupid head sizes and muscle mass , not the athletic game little warriors that are the real thing .
it does an injustice in my mind to call these dogs pitbulls !
just my opinion

NOKUY

Veteran
skin said:
the modern day so called pits are not even in the same league as the proper old time pits .
the new generation are bulldog crosses bred for stupid head sizes and muscle mass , not the athletic game little warriors that are the real thing .
it does an injustice in my mind to call these dogs pitbulls !
just my opinion

whats your opinion of a pit-bull then...

u sound like a dogfighter.

...sounds like your saying if a pitbull doesnt fight then hes not a pitbull

"the real thing"...will be my next dogs name and he wont fight.

bule pits bullshit. a true apbt is not bread for color or looks he his bread for what he has done. keep the best and cull the rest.... fck all u tree huggers haten on apbt they have been hear be4 or time and will be hear long after.. alot of u people got it twisted bout the doggame they let it go till death not true lol they kill if they lose not true. not all dogs r good so when u get your self a bulldog u better appreciate them.

skin

the pitbull is a performance animal , as soon as you breed for looks instead of ability your going to fuck it up ! like every other useless kennel club dog that has been bred for looks!
there are working dogs and show dogs i only have time for working dogs be it pointers , flushing dogs , retrievers , hounds , catch dogs , little game ground terriers or many of the other classes.

i may sound like a dog fighter but i can assure you i am not , it took hundreds of years of natural selection to make the pit bull what it is , and all of a sudden people decide to use the name and breed some muscle bound , huge headed over priced lump ! so wrong

i have a large mastif also and the last time the local pack of feral dogs came to chase and kill my other animals (goats,sheep,rabbits, turkeys and chickens) i let my big fearce dog go to do the biz , only to find after a brief scuffle that he wasnt really that fierce and lost interest very quickly ! , leaving my animals to the mercy of the other dogs .
i have the mastif so i dont have to use my pits as guard dogs and give the media and haters anymore ammunition if they actually had to guard me or my family !
when the mastif proved his lack of gameness i got my big male red nose pitbull out of his kennel and let him have a go , needless to say after a short battle the feral dogs soon retreated and he had proven his breeding and heritage and saved my animals .
some minor medical treatment and all was good .

as someone mentioned earlier in this thread 'IT IS BETTER TO HAVE IT AND NOT NEED IT THAN TO NEED IT AND NOT HAVE IT '

i personally couldnt and wouldnt be part of what would of been necessary to create this breed from scratch but seeing as it is here already i see nothing wrong in trying to maintain and admire it !

Status
Not open for further replies.