What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Breeding for the best stimulating effect

Carraxe

Veteran
The plants I made using the Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze and the great Mextiza male have spent one month curing, so now it is the moment to test them.

The buds are rounded, resinous and not very compact, but the smell is more intense than Super Silver's. Nice lemon with a bitter point.

Sweet smokes

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Looking great... Hopefully you'll find a nice smoke among those Angola X Thai/Mextiza, they definitely look exciting!

Carraxe

Veteran
Looking great... Hopefully you'll find a nice smoke among those Angola X Thai/Mextiza, they definitely look exciting!

Out of the dozen crosses I've made with Mextizas and tested, this one has been the best by far. Strong in the sativa side, they provide a kind of sweet happy feeling. I'm selecting the best ones and I've already planted a new batch of 40 seeds.

Sweet smokes

teide

Veteran
I would personally like to see more of the Ghana buds, they look so vicious. Would be nice to breed for that bud structure, but it seems you were least pleased with the Ghana of all the sativas?

Carraxe

Veteran
I would personally like to see more of the Ghana buds, they look so vicious. Would be nice to breed for that bud structure, but it seems you were least pleased with the Ghana of all the sativas?

In its pure form I found Ghana to be slow and weak in effects, but I liked the bitter aftertaste it had. Now I'll smoke test the cross I made with the Ghanaians and Mextizas.

I've found ways that I believe that are better than work with raw sativas

Sweet smokes

Carraxe

Veteran
These Thai-Angola-Mextiza are a real pleasure to grow. They grow tall and happy and there is sugar everywhere!

We are now at 6 weeks after switch.

Enjoy your smokes

Carraxe

Veteran
Hello
They are now at 7 and a half weeks, and they are getting closer to the finish line. I've set 9 weeks but they are different and they need different times, some will need more for sure.
The buds start maturing but at the same time the tips keep growing and growing flowers, so they can get quite productive.
There are some that are very similar in bud formation to the Thai Angola. The flowers are specially tiny and delicate, and the resin forms a white coating of very very little trichomes.
Others are more similar to Mextiza. I'll be watching the effect and taste of all of them.
These are three of the bunch. Most of them are that tall, but there are a couple of specimens that remained under control.

This one is one of the short ones, but the buds and the resin are very promising. It is the same doubled tipped plant of the last post.

All the plants are resinous, but some of them are a pleasure to the sight, and these two also show different structures. .

I believe the structure of the bud can condition the production and also the potency, so the selection has to be done carefully and thoroughly.

I'm already eager to smoke them. Right now, I prefer them to both the Thai Angola and the Mextiza, that are two incredible sativas.

Sweet smokes

west-eu

very good thread carraxe :tiphat:

i love stimulating effect too . for now one of my favourite is the hh x bb from chimera

i did few cross with the male like

ghana
colombian gold x chem og
sweet skunk
e-32 (IX 6 BX2)
ecsd dhk

as well as f2 ..... i might still have some

keep going mate

Carraxe

Veteran
very good thread carraxe :tiphat:

i love stimulating effect too . for now one of my favourite is the hh x bb from chimera

i did few cross with the male like

ghana
colombian gold x chem og
sweet skunk
e-32 (IX 6 BX2)
ecsd dhk

as well as f2 ..... i might still have some

keep going mate

Thanks for the kind words. What is HHxBB? I don't know this one

Breadwizard

I'm guessing that's the Highland Mexican x BlueBerry. Been on the lookout for that one myself, I hear it's quite good, and a touch trippy/shroomy

Carraxe

Veteran
That's curious. I've had several different Blueberries from different origins and their main features were their flavor and the happy relax they sent you to. They were dark green wide-leaved bushy indicas that took their time to grow. I would never pick a BB for anything related to stimulation.

That said, I remember great experiences with them in the Indica field. Some samples had that good flavor and smell, dense and difficult to describe. It really invokes the blue color. I'd like to have some, yum

Last edited:

Carraxe

Veteran
Just a couple of pics of a cola I liked. I've started harvesting them at 8 and a half weeks. They need more time but I've found a couple of bananas in two plants and besides, they are that many and they are that tall that it is the hell to water them and keep them standing straight up.

Sweet smokes

Im'One

I'm guessing that's the Highland Mexican x BlueBerry. Been on the lookout for that one myself, I hear it's quite good, and a touch trippy/shroomy

Been thinking about that myself,,i bet its gonna get hard to find. i was told one out of every five or six was a trip weed pheno.

420empire

Veteran
Hey carraxe.
Following your quest intensely and always look forward to new updates.
I read in PineappelsPunch Oax thread that you don´t think that "magic speed weed" exist:

qoute Carraxe: "I've also noticed the effects you were talking about. At the beginning, when you smoke it for the first time, Mextiza appears like a different stuff to any commercial sativas you've been smoking (commercial ones like Jack Herer, Amnesia, Sour Diesel and so). Much happier, much more stimulating.

Tolerance grows quickly. Once you get used to this weed, you'll like to smoke more and more to get the same effects. Now is the moment where you feel that smoking too much Mextiza gets you to sleep.

I don't believe that can exist any sativa or sativa leaning weed that keeps you up and stimulated no matter how much do you smoke. I truly believe these weeds, Mextiza, Oaxaca '79 and similar are the closer to the perfect sativa we are going to get. Authentic landrace sativas aren't strong enough to make a real effect in somebody like me, because I am a heavy user. I've been growing and smoking these fine herbs also.

Mextiza, and I guess Oaxaca '79 as well, have the perfect amount of WLD genes to make them resinous, strong and fast without killing the nice high of a sativa. And also they yield in a reasonable time at around 8 weeks. Nothing to do with the 16-22 weeks of the real deal.

I've made many crosses with these sativas Mextiza and landraces and I've been testing several of them, and I've learnt a lot. I keep selecting the ones with the most stimulating effect, but I believe that even these, when abused, lead to body comedown.T

The thing that turned on my interest was your qoute about that weed that keep on "giveing" dosen´t exsist. I truely understand this point of view. So many factors plays a role in ones cannabis experience, however don´t you think that this "cocaine" / LSD energy infused cannabis exsist? what bout green crack, pinepple express, Madmacs haze, Bangi haze, Congo, Nepal?? Could these strains be a clue to breed a type of weed that dosen´t burn one out?? Or does our brain just need different cannabinoid profiles to get different type of high..?
Maybe Mexitiza is contaminated with broadleaf genetics, (as you and others also mention before) which result in a downside of some sort?.
Love this thread, and hope you find your grail :D

Cheers

Carraxe

Veteran
It isn't difficult, it took me some time but these are my conclusions, I believe they are generally accepted.

The effect of the THC is modulated by means of both terpenes and other cannabinoids that exist in lower proportions. That's what makes the difference in effects (and aromas) between Indica and Sativa, or NLD/WLD if you prefer.

Thanks to that, we can experiment the sedating relaxing indica couch-lock, that's nice for pain treatment and other conditions.

These of us that aren't ill and still enjoy the effect of weed, usually like to enjoy the stimulating sativa effect. It allows you to do things like cleaning the kitchen, for example, and keep the good mood of being high on weed.

There is something we have to have in account: we can feel this stimulating effect of the weed up to a certain point. If we consume in excess, or we concentrate the active drugs, for example making hash or rosin, this stimulating effect is reached in lower doses.

If you get a dose too big due to concentration, or you keep smoking for hours, the effect you are going to experiment isn't going to be stimulating any more. It will lead to relaxation and sleep, not the same kind indicas get you, but still with a similar outcome. I made hash with real African and American landraces and if you take an enough dose, they get you stoned not in any stimulant way. That's always the outcome for high THC levels.

So that's what I'm doing here: selecting the plants that make the best sativa effect. I'm not looking for anything that doesn't exist, like cocaine weed. I'm selecting for the best high. And landraces are fun to work to, but they aren't strong enough.

Sweet smokes

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
nice thread!

not sure if you are looking for suggestions, but i really thought golden tiger was most stimulating, and quite focused if not overindulged. if i had too much, the effect became disorienting and eventually led to a crash, but in moderate amounts was quite the A.D.D. meds.

Carraxe

Veteran
nice thread!

not sure if you are looking for suggestions, but i really thought golden tiger was most stimulating, and quite focused if not overindulged. if i had too much, the effect became disorienting and eventually led to a crash, but in moderate amounts was quite the A.D.D. meds.

Yes, I've read about this one, but I've already grown Malawi, that's one of the plants used to make GT, and its effect differs a lot of what I'm looking for. I didn't get any good sativa effect, just raw hybrid power and a unpleasant flavor, so I didn't like it much.

If you have a look at the Golden Tiger pictures in the ACE website, they look exactly like an indoor hybrid. Not what I seek. Compare these with my hairy fluffy resinous flowers and you'll see the difference.

But the thai plants used to develop this one could be a good start.

Sweet smokes

I wood

If you have a look at the Golden Tiger pictures in the ACE website, they look exactly like an indoor hybrid. Not what I seek. Compare these with my hairy fluffy resinous flowers and you'll see the difference.

We are on a similar quest for stimulating weed.
Agreed on the malawi adding an unwanted effect in crosses, took me several years to realize i don't care for malawi( ace or bodhi).
Another few years were spent discovering that most any purple pot wasn’t my thing, not digging the purple haze and its crosses really surprised me.

Golden tiger 2nd version was not what i was looking for either.
But the original f1 seeds produced one clean energetic plant that i’m very excited about. Strong, clear and energetic without any tiredness on reentry. I had not much hope about these seeds and only planned to produce f2s to search for thai leaning plants. F2s be made soon but this plant is was what i was looking for already.
Once they are made I would be happy to share the gt f2s(or any seed ive made) if you have any interest just let me know.
Tom hill haze is another that works for me energy wise that is.
Just harvested four different thh plants pollinated with a laos male, testing a few of these now. The laosy haze project.

Great thread, full of useful information.
Good luck in your search.