What's new

Breeding for beginners

hardhat22

How 'bout the hollow stem facilitating THC production...anyone see correlations on P deficiencies in the stronger ones, even in growth? How 'bout purps from P deficiencies...and a hollow stem.... multiple combinations? Anyone find genetically linked traits???

Aren't hollow stems a hemp trait.Or should I say,isn't it a desirable trait among hemp breeders?Or,is this old outdated info?
Peace
161081975-21-3-finished_Picture3.jpg

http://www.botany.org/plantsciencebulletin/psb-1975-21-3.php

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
it would seam so but i feel further info is needed. I can tell you that I have seen both types in pot plants. I recently cut down some <------------------------------>(3") stems from an outdoor grow had 6 clones. All of them to my memory where totally full and not hollow. some of my eariler days years and years ago...I first grew indoors and they where mexican seeds and did notice most of them where hollow. And a few other strains like sativas can be hollow.

Graffiti

This is a pretty good thread, im guessing it has had a lot of on and off activity since it was started in 06 lol. But I'm going to be reading more through this and hopefully try to breed the Big Bud's im growing now with the Ice i'll be growing next round. Looking forward to giving it a try. Let me know if anyone has heard of this cross before.

hardhat22

This is a pretty good thread, im guessing it has had a lot of on and off activity since it was started in 06 lol. But I'm going to be reading more through this and hopefully try to breed the Big Bud's im growing now with the Ice i'll be growing next round. Looking forward to giving it a try. Let me know if anyone has heard of this cross before.
Hello Graffiti.Welcome.On and off activity is prolly due to many inexperienced breeders getting a sense of the difference in pollen chucking and actual breeding.Lol,I can hardly get my own stuff to germinate.I'll prolly never do more than chuck pollen amongst my bagseed but this stuff is fascinating.

Hey Glass,I would dearly love to see a hollow Mexican.I've only grown a few hundred or so since the early 80's and never saw one.They were mostly round and all solid with only a pin hole.I've only gotten my first chance at hollow stems over this past couple of years with 3 Mandalla sativa strains.And the cuts from them are all solid.I assume that branches on hollow plants are always solid??Sorry bout this.My mind always seems to get stuck on the most mundane things and won't let go.:wallbash:
Peace

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
wow some dude who I have never seen before says that mexican bud seeds cant produce plants that can be hollow. Glad he pollen chuckin persona was here to tell me that.

THC123

Veteran
Hey glasspackedbowl , one more question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THC123
K ty for ur answer.

So if i make a f2 (2005X2006 X 2005X2006) i will not have the same weed/ plants?

grts
if you make f2's then f3's then f4's you'll have an IBL. thats what your are looking for.

I am a bit consused

I have been looking up information and i read that the strains becomes more unstable and less vigor the more F's u make???

And i read somehwere it was best to cross the f2's i am gonna make back with the mother f1 plant i used.

But i thought that if u picked ur moms and dads right the strain becomes more stable with each F.

So what of this is right and what of this is wrong.

Thx 4 answering question, it can all get confusing in the beginning :D

So i have f1 seeds (only 20) and i want the strain(particular pheno) to survive without quality loss or vigor loss.

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
I have been looking up information and i read that the strains becomes more unstable and less vigor the more F's u make???
And i read somehwere it was best to cross the f2's i am gonna make back with the mother f1 plant i used.
But i thought that if u picked ur moms and dads right the strain becomes more stable with each F.
So what of this is right and what of this is wrong.
Thx 4 answering question, it can all get confusing in the beginning :D
So i have f1 seeds (only 20) and i want the strain(particular pheno) to survive without quality loss or vigor loss.

Ok they become more stable and less vigorous. I believe thats why its recommended that you use the f2's back to the mother, to get some vigor back.

Yes they should be more stable with each F generation.

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
No my friend,I didn't say that.I know next to nothing about herb as compared to you bro,Lol.Just commenting that it would be a learning experience to have one,as I've never seen one.Most folks I know grow more outdoor per year than I do per decade.Though,99.9% of my experience is with Mexi bagseed and local farmed lines,I'm not wise enough to say what can and can't exist.
Peace brother

yeah let me shed some light as when I had them it was the beginning of my growing trails and I was still using miracle grow. ewwwww Maybe MG + sativa = hollow stems. or maybe it just low light as I was only doing them indoors under few thousand lumen set-up.

i dont know if you guys have gotten the new issue of skunk, its the best of skunk and its got a great article on breeding i reccomend you guys check it out.

glasspackedbowl

Veteran
If anyone has any questions please ask! HH please just go if u wanna start trouble in my thread thanks....GL with Life!

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK while I have a minute,briefly.....Collect in a paper bag and use within a few weeks(preferably a few days)or put it in a sealing container and freeze if u wanna keep longer...But if u freeze leave in bag to dry for at least a few hrs in warmish place first and clean out any debris or plant matter b4 storing to reduce mould risk etc. If u wanna make the pollen go further dilute with flour up to 10/1(flour/pollen).
AND STOP BANGIN' YOUR HEAD...U WILL HURT YASELF! JBo ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts