What's new

Breeders histories

ilife

Cannabible 1

Cannabible 1

You can always check out, The Seminal Six Dutch Marijuana Seed Companies, chart on page 13 of Cannabible 1.
And the Second Generation Dutch Marijuana Seed Companies chart on page 20 of Cannabible 1, written by Robert Connell Clarke.

iLiFE

guineapig

Veteran
awesome link docleaf.....

i love Howard Marks- "you can shag a dog in a park in holland and it's perfectly legal, but not something that you would want to encourage"....lololol

:ying: guineapiggin' can you dig it? :ying:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They were... "just hippies, you know? Doing it for a free smoke, and a game of table football."

I n I like to think of them as revolutionaries :canabis:

Last edited:
G

Guest 26753

I would like to hear about Chris from Woodhorse seeds, who carries Herijuana as his flagship strain. I understand Chris works closely with Mota from Motarebel seeds, using the herijuana for breeding. The Heri comes in at just over 24% THC.

Last edited:

supahdupah

franco.gh said:
Arjan, owner and founder, is also known as The King of Cannabis. QUOTE]

Was´nt arjan just one of the founders scott blakey the other, i´ve read that Scott and Neville Schoenmaker is the breeders behind most of the strains. I saw a youtube clip when arjan says that chitral is a indian variety???
the king of cannabis should know where chitral realy origins from.
Feels like arjan maybe could be king of cannabis money.

Laughing Jim

Smoking Moose said:
I would like to hear about Chris from Woodhorse seeds, who carries Herijuana as his flagship strain. I understand Chris works closely with Mota from Motarebel seeds, using the herijuana for breeding. The Heri comes in at just over 24% THC.

No. Chris works closely with Chris.
Motarebel is an independent breeder who used to supply Chris with seeds.
Motarebel took the Woodhorse Herijuana and further refined it.
Chris is NOT a breeder; Chris is a seed-seller.

B

Bubble Puppy

Very interesting thread....Is their any breeder history or background for

Vic High ?

I like to know more about him....

B

Bubble Puppy

breeder history

breeder history

Last edited:

Kirby_Tokin

Great thread..! But i cant understand greenhouses history? all franco does is explaining the strains they have? not their origins, why? I wanted the story about greenhouse seeds, and why arjan grew up in africa and asia, and why he want to grow cannabis.. And ive heard that neville were one of the breeders that made many off greenhouse genetics.. so please franco, explain??

And btw franco, is joachim and olav from sweden or norway?

Peace
Kirby

Asiatica

Wheres MRNICE???

Wheres MRNICE???

SHANTI!!!......SHANTI!!!........SHANTI!!!

also honorable mention
Brothers Grimm
BCGA (VicHigh)
Dutch Flowers
Joey Weed
Fet (Spice Bros)
Jojorizo (RIP)
African Seeds was also around for a minute but just disappeared?!?!?
Anyone got that Ethiopian Highland?

Love the knowledge.
Peace and positive vibes.:joint:

Stevius

The Green House Seed Company is a very successful cannabis business. Winner of many international awards (31 High times Cannabis Cups, 17 Highlife Cups, 1 Champions Cup and many more private awards in many countries), it is leader in cannabis genetics.
Arjan, owner and founder, is also known as The King of Cannabis. He has always been committed to create the best genetics in the world, and to ensure that the growers choose good genetics, based upon their location, logistics and personal knowledge.

The first and most important distinction to be made is the choice between growing outdoor or indoor. Once the decision is made, it is important to get the right type of seeds for the purpose.
Most cannabis plants can be grown indoor or outdoor, but the peculiar characteristics of each strain always guarantee best results in one of the two ways. The personal or commercial nature of the operation will always influence the choice of the genetics. Sativas are usually regarded as higher quality, while indica strains are faster and more commercial.

Between the 18 strains now sold by the Green House Seed Company there are true indoor plants and true outdoor plants. The Himalaya Gold is the most recommended outdoor plant, because of its genetic resistance to cold nights, altitude, pests and diseases. The origin of the plant is from the Himalayan region, and it proved an incredibly versatile and adaptable plant. Growers in the mountain regions of Italy and Spain love the Himalaya Gold for its high yields and sweet strong indica characteristics. Another true outdoor champion is the Arjan’s Haze #1, with great production and unique sativa high. The Arjan’s Haze #1 performs very well indoor, but outdoor the plants can grow to reach their development-peak and the maximum productivity. Moreover, solar light activates the production of a wider range of cannabinoids in the buds, guaranteeing a truly psychedelic effect. Besides, it finishes flowering in 11 weeks, allowing cultivation in most southern European countries. On the indoor side, the best plants of the Green House Seed Company are The Doctor, the Great White Shark, the White Rhino, the El Nino and the White Widow. All these strains belong to the “white” family and share a common genetic origin. They are shorter, bushier plants with great bud production and amazing resin production. The bouquet and taste vary considerably, as well as the effect. The White Rhino in particular is very suitable for sea of green systems, where the plants are kept very close to one another and flowered at an early stage. It has a sweet taste and a great narcotic effect that made it popular with MS patients and chronic pain patients. The Great White Shark and The Doctor are very popular between indica lovers worldwide. Their yields are amazing and the buds rock-hard.
The Hawaiian Snow, the Strawberry Haze and the Neville’s Haze are good outdoor or indoor plants, but are mostly grown indoor because of their longer flowering time. Sometimes these varieties are given 12 hours of light from the very beginning, to keep them short and to shorten the flowering time.

There are also plants that are very suitable for both indoor and outdoor conditions, such as the El Niño and the Super Silver Haze. These strains will perform incredibly good both ways, with some differences in plant development and yield. The Super Silver Haze in particular can produce more when grown outdoor, as the plants can develop taller and stronger branches can sustain the heavy buds. The choice of the genetics remains one of the key factors in the success of every grower or breeder, and it is very important to acquire the most information before committing to the task.

For more info check the online shop on www.seedboutique.com

:joint:

Dear Franco

The title of the thread is Breeders histories!

and not what is on "daily menu"... :joint:

MIZ'Z ELVIS

Mr Nice Seedbank: Shantibaba explains what happened when a Welshman, two Australian cannabis breeders, and the best selection of old and new world cannabis varieties shared a small room.

Howard Marks (Mr Nice) and I (Shantibaba) met during the late 1990s while I was living and working in Holland. A few years previously (1995), I had set up the Greenhouse Seed Company. Coincidentally, at the same time, Howard was released from a lengthy imprisonment in the USA. During the next few years, we became very good friends and with the success of my breeding work and help from Neville Schoenmaker (the father of Dutch Seed banks), Howard and I discussed the possibility of working together. We decided to start a seed company to help growers throughout the world. Neville and I were already working together on various seed projects, growing and supplying certain strains to coffee shops as well as changing the uses and perceptions of cannabis.

In 1998, when Neville co-owned the Greenhouse coffeeshop in the Red Light Area, and I co-owned and worked the Greenhouse Seed co (since establishing it in 1994)...we decided to really try that year to do our best at the HTCC. Until then, Neville and I, operating as individuals, had won almost every prize awarded for cannabis breeding. On behalf of Greenhouse, we blitzed the 1998 HTCC, winning every prize other than that awarded for clothing. We came first and second in the overall HTCC. I did not particularly like the event so decided to retire from it that year. Coincidentally my relationship with my Dutch partner deteriorated, and egos went crazy. As a result, I sold my interest in the Greenhouse Seed Company and, as a sole trader, set up Mr Nice Seedbank (MNS), which has always been and remains a Dutch company. Shortly afterwards, Neville also forego his interest in Greenhouse. MNS never entrusted plants to non-growers, including our ex-Dutch partners. Inevitably, confusion results when different companies use the same names for different sub-species, so MNS renamed them all. Seed companies most valuable assets are the original mother and father plants, which take many years to collect and select. Every seed company uses strains from particular parts of the world, but they differ greatly. MNS uses a collection of both Neville and Shantibabas plants, the most pedigreed cannabis plants ever bred. We established MNS, with its forty parent plants, to make strains and seeds available to all levels of growers in order to help them help us spread the genetic diversity of this miraculous plant.
Rather than joining any seed companies bandwagon by merely chasing money, Neville, Howard, and I dedicated our efforts to make old and new world seeds available for growers. We did not care how many seeds we sold or whether we had a profile in the limelight. We are daily users of cannabis, and the mother and father plants Neville and I have kept alive for the last twenty years are capable of producing every currently existing strain.

Arjan the founder of GHSC:jerkit:?????? :fsu:GHSC the leader of genetics:jerkit:!!!!:fsu:The c*@t of Cannabis is the leader in steeling genetics and claiming them as his own..... Franco and Arjan = The biggest shit schmear and smegma stain on the entire Cannabis Community EVER!!!! If the HTCC ever gave out an award for the most vile, devious, deceitful, repugnant, offensive seed company in history; Arjans GHSC would surely be deserving of that..... Though, Im sure Arjan would write a check, and choke on a cock, trying to keep the truth hidden:kissass:....Thats what Charlatans with no honor do!!!!! The ORIGINAL GHSC is Shantibaba's creation!!!!!! Shanti and neville are the sole people responsible for the only *legitimate* accomplishments, notoriety and awards the GHSC has ever achieved!!!! (If anyone is) SHANTI AND NEVILLE ARE THE KINGS OF CANNABIS!!!!! Arjan and Franco are the Syphilitic Cu$ts of Cannabis!!!!!!! White Widow, SSH, White Rhino, Great White Shark, El Nino- Buy them from Arjan if you want fake unstable copies, of copies. Buy them from shantibaba at Mr.Nice for the real deal, bred from the original P1 parent stock.

:bat:

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Sure. :)

Back in about 1970 we were 16 and trying to grow bagseed outside with little success but we did have some plants and we did smoke some immature weed. I was married at 18 and by age 19 I had my own farm where I grew outdoors. I became successful to a point but genetics were not easily available and I had to do the best I had with what I had. You never really knew what you had but you thought it tasted like what might have been called this or that. ;)

It wasnt at all scientific but i read hightimes and I learned about sinse early on so my plants were good pot if they would finish and I developed my own strains. Another friend of mine also had a fine strain we called Blanchard Weed and it rivaled my best now in heavy resins. I had created my own feminized line i called "RED" and it yielded more than his and tasted great but it wasnt as potent. Eventually I mixed his with mine and grew this cross, mine more sativaish and his was indica. Eventually the strain became hermaphroditic due to many generations of inbreeding.

I was online in early '99 and this is when I got access to Seedsdirect and Gypsy. He sent me many genetics and many growers at OG sent me seeds to work with. Getting lucky with a few good strains I made f2 seeds and selected clones. Years of selection led to a very fine bubblegum called Bogbubble and that was crossed later to a NL5 to make Bogglegum. When Lifesaver came out people saw that I was 3 for 3 and they couldn't understand how a small grower did it?

Gypsy still calls me the "Enigma" which means mystery and I prefer to maintain some of the mystery as part of my BOG myth. You know about me living in a cave and great grand daddy being an alien. I am not a myth however and those who have judged me by the fruits of my labors no longer question how I do my work. Now Sour Bubble is going to stun the breeding world. Just mark my words. ;)
57Dscn0958-med.jpg
30 day flr SBubble clones.

Thanks for bearing with me. BOG :wave:

Bumped for the good read.

Sour bubble is now in it's fourth back cross and is currently one of the most sought after strains.

Kudos to BOG a man of his word.

R

Red Swan

And one of the best internet salesmen ever.

I miss Texas Kid, one of the reasons I joined IC mag. Glad to see he's back and started a new version of this history at another site. Learned a lot from his grows. So many of the original crew is gone now. But that's life. At least you can still find them.