What's new

Breeders histories

G

Outstanding thread. Thanks for all the great info. I got a couple Id love to see: Bluegrass Seeds (I used to speak with El Peru alot, but I havent talked to him since the OG fiasco)
Rez (I know its alrerady been suggested)
DJ Short (my personal favorite, I read his "blue" article in the BBoB, but Id love to hear of how he got started)
and finally Woodhorse because Id love to hear about their work with trainwreck and herijuana.
I'll see what I can find.
Thanks again tex :joint:

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Reservoir Seeds History

Reservoir Seeds History

Reservoir Seeds
Rez started growing in the late 80's,when I met a guy we'll call K, with a Phototron, a (Neville's) Seed Bank Catalog, and about fifteen sheets of very good blotter.
K, who was to be my partner in many nefarious adventures over the next decade-plus, (until alcohol ruined his productivity) had a huge collection of High Times magazines which we read and re-read...and that's how it all started,
in the most general sense.
Soon the scenario was upgraded, to H.I.D. lighting, and I never looked back.
I shared knowledge with a lot of people about what I knew best, which was indica-doms in ebb/flo tables, and we spread a fair amount of Skunk1/Basic5 and Neville's Hash Plant around a certain demographic area to the tune of a million or so, (in 80s bucks), before it all caved in, somewhat due to folks getting sloppy, but mostly because of some nasty LEO ops that would actively HUNT growers, sorta' like Vancouver has, now.
When the SSSC and The Seed Bank closed shop back in the late 80's,I realized right at that point, way back then, that there was a huge IMPORTANCE in keeping the availability of great genetics of a plant that's illegal
around.
So, I selectively bred NL 5x2 f2s, Skunk1/B5 f2s, and some HP crosses, etc.
Sadly, those seeds were lost years ago, off to a landfill as a result of a huge ****up involving misidentification of property.... but I bred my first seeds in 1989,if that dates me, a little.
I've taken years off from growing here and there, but I always kept coming back-it's always the Best when you do it, yourself, imHo.
Anyhow, you know what I've been up to for the past couple of years, so there's no need to elaborate about the Sour Diesel Projects or the William's Wonder Projects, let's just say I'm a busy entity who's totally absorbed by this work, we'll leave it at that.

taken from gardenscure.com

V

vonforne

Greaat thread! This was the best read for me so far. I would like to know more about Bog seeds since I have won their Lifesaver at the Co-op auction at reefermans site. Also won the Apollo 11(rez) and Dutch dragon(paradise) I was going to staretr the Lifesaver soon any one know about this strain?

OrganicGreen

I'm looking to start a first time breeding project so I was trying to accomplish the first step; obtaining breeding stock. I was wondering which seedbanks have the LONGEST research and development on their strains, with quality that shows of course.

For instance, Dr. ATOMIC seeds claimed that all of his genetics contain over 30 years of his personal experience with cannabis. He also said that he obtained the original Northern Lights (first ever) from an Amsterdam seedbank many years ago and ever since then, has been improving it for something like over 20 years. So if I’m looking for the best northern lights, I would probably obtain it from ATOMIC seeds rather than any other bank.

I would also add DJ SHORTs latest genes to my stock because of his "freakish" project with thousands females and males for selection. That F-13 must be a killer. Its his personal favorite from others like true blueberry and grape crush, and flodica.

Of course, I would also like to add some clone onlys in there as well from killa kali! like mothership, chemdawg familia, trainwreck, the purps, greencrack...

I’m looking for the best of the best stock. Something someone has been working on very long and hard. So far, I want to collect stock from ATOMIC seeds and DJ SHORT. So I’m wondering if anyone has any seedbank suggestions.

Azra3l

Hi,

I'm not sure it's the right place for this but, if I wanna start to make some real breeding project I would go for some landraces strains...
Every available strains nowadays are just their descendants cross and cross again. Going back to the origin to re-discover genes that have been lost in the gene pool

:woohoo:

Just my 2 cents

G

Well, post it up then danzig :D who else could tell your story better then you?
Take care

guerilla

franco.gh

Peace, love and THC
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Green House Seed Company

Green House Seed Company

The Green House Seed Company is a very successful cannabis business. Winner of many international awards (31 High times Cannabis Cups, 17 Highlife Cups, 1 Champions Cup and many more private awards in many countries), it is leader in cannabis genetics.
Arjan, owner and founder, is also known as The King of Cannabis. He has always been committed to create the best genetics in the world, and to ensure that the growers choose good genetics, based upon their location, logistics and personal knowledge.

The first and most important distinction to be made is the choice between growing outdoor or indoor. Once the decision is made, it is important to get the right type of seeds for the purpose.
Most cannabis plants can be grown indoor or outdoor, but the peculiar characteristics of each strain always guarantee best results in one of the two ways. The personal or commercial nature of the operation will always influence the choice of the genetics. Sativas are usually regarded as higher quality, while indica strains are faster and more commercial.

Between the 18 strains now sold by the Green House Seed Company there are true indoor plants and true outdoor plants. The Himalaya Gold is the most recommended outdoor plant, because of its genetic resistance to cold nights, altitude, pests and diseases. The origin of the plant is from the Himalayan region, and it proved an incredibly versatile and adaptable plant. Growers in the mountain regions of Italy and Spain love the Himalaya Gold for its high yields and sweet strong indica characteristics. Another true outdoor champion is the Arjan’s Haze #1, with great production and unique sativa high. The Arjan’s Haze #1 performs very well indoor, but outdoor the plants can grow to reach their development-peak and the maximum productivity. Moreover, solar light activates the production of a wider range of cannabinoids in the buds, guaranteeing a truly psychedelic effect. Besides, it finishes flowering in 11 weeks, allowing cultivation in most southern European countries. On the indoor side, the best plants of the Green House Seed Company are The Doctor, the Great White Shark, the White Rhino, the El Nino and the White Widow. All these strains belong to the “white” family and share a common genetic origin. They are shorter, bushier plants with great bud production and amazing resin production. The bouquet and taste vary considerably, as well as the effect. The White Rhino in particular is very suitable for sea of green systems, where the plants are kept very close to one another and flowered at an early stage. It has a sweet taste and a great narcotic effect that made it popular with MS patients and chronic pain patients. The Great White Shark and The Doctor are very popular between indica lovers worldwide. Their yields are amazing and the buds rock-hard.
The Hawaiian Snow, the Strawberry Haze and the Neville’s Haze are good outdoor or indoor plants, but are mostly grown indoor because of their longer flowering time. Sometimes these varieties are given 12 hours of light from the very beginning, to keep them short and to shorten the flowering time.

There are also plants that are very suitable for both indoor and outdoor conditions, such as the El Niño and the Super Silver Haze. These strains will perform incredibly good both ways, with some differences in plant development and yield. The Super Silver Haze in particular can produce more when grown outdoor, as the plants can develop taller and stronger branches can sustain the heavy buds. The choice of the genetics remains one of the key factors in the success of every grower or breeder, and it is very important to acquire the most information before committing to the task.

For more info check the online shop on www.seedboutique.com

:joint:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
all greenhouses recent cups dont count when HT cup is bullshit not a blind test and not voted fro by normal smokers
Arjan buys his cups
Also king of cannabis?? thats bullshit-he has given himself that name=not the smokers and growers if the world and any1 who has to make up a nickname is really pathetic. Very sad indeed that ppl think this guy is the be all and end all of weed when he gets those bullshit cups that aint worth the metal they made from......

Last edited:

ilife

Low Land Seeds

Low Land Seeds

Anybody have any history on Old Ed from Oregon going to Amsterdam in 80-85 and helping Wernard start out? What strains did Old Ed bring to Holland??

iLiFE

franco.gh

Peace, love and THC
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Harry Gypsna said:
all greenhouses recent cups dont count

....especially if you never won any, or even participated in one.

People vote for us because we give them great cannabis products, great service and a great time in Amsterdam. Quality always wins.

Respect!
:sasmokin:

ilife

"People vote for us because we give them great cannabis products, great service and a great time in Amsterdam. Quality always wins."
quote from Franco.GH

You mean the company that spends the most money with HT wins.

iLiFE

Devilock

Found this about Owls production

Owls Production - Breeder Information
Felix Kautz of Owl's Production has been selecting Cannabis genetics since 1978. He founded Owl's Production in 1996. According to the competent cantonal authorities, Felix Kautz is a recognized Cannabis breeder who has developed quality strains and has obtained the license to cultivate them. Owl's Production selects Cannabis varieties from many different countries and climates. The selected parental stocks have been kept as Mother plants and clones for many years. Male plants are also kept for seed production. Parent lines of all the varieties sold by Owl's production have been kept over the years in order to guarantee a constant quality.

Peace and *bong* :friends:

kush07

Sensi Seeds?

Sensi Seeds?

I love this thread many props to Texas Kid and Zeppelindood for the information and the respectable breeders that posted their histories. I was very surprised that Sensi Seeds wasn't on this list. Isn't Sensi Seeds formally the SSSC or something like that? I heard that it was two old seed companies combined to form Sensi Seeds? I would really like to know the whole story if anyone has it or can dig it up. Thanks.

kush07

Texas Kid said:
The story of Soma

Soma is a 55 year old Rastafarian who is spiritually dedicated
to the Sacred cannabis plant. He has been working with the plant for 37 years.
He wears pants and shirts made out of it, smokes it constantly,he has a prescription
for 10 grams a day, and studies every aspect of the marijuana phenomenon.

He feels that it is one of the tools that can save humanity from it's direction of self destruction.
He knows that it helps healing take place whenever and wherever it is used. Unlike aspirin,
alcohol, tobacco, caffeine and nuclear radiation, cannabis has never killed anyone. It is one
of the safest therapeutic substances known to man. Humankind has been using it since time immemorial.

It is one of the best paper sources in the whole wide world, it can be recycled 7 times, takes one
fifth of the pollution to manufacture than tree paper, and could be a totally renewable source of Bio-fuel.
Hempseed is one of the best sources of vegetable protein available on
planet earth and 55% of a mature cannabis plant is seeds.

The only problem is the art of cannabis has been recently lost to mankind, it has been lied about,
it has been suppressed, it has come close to genocide and the fear factor for this safest of substances
has been blown totally out of proportion. Soma Seeds plans on changing the direction a few things
are going these days. First of all Soma Seeds is an earth friendly business striving to think of
earth first in the business that we create. We grow our seeds biologically, we let our hearts guide us
with the plants, not calendars, not money, not power trips, but a sacredness, a vibration of mutual trust,
an exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide, a friendship. Soma Seeds focus's on the medicinal
side of cannabis,constantly striving to find better and better geneticis to be used in a medicinal way.

Medicinal cannabis has to be grown in a manner where the end product is truly going to make the
patient feel better, not full of pesticides, poisons, and money vibes. Our seeds are tested constantly
for their germination quality. We have a line of 100% female seeds as well as male and female seeds.
Our male and female seeds are usually about 30% male 70% female.
We have 20 different types of seeds available.
That was more about Cannabis History and Facts than Soma's History...alot of this is just copy and pasted information from seed companies websites.

G

kush, Sensi seeds used to be the seed bank back when nevil was there. I believe SSSC was a seperate entity and has nothing to do with present day sensi seeds.

guerilla

Latest posts

Latest posts