What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Breeder Cuts, Keeper Cuts, and Instagram Hype… Oh My!

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
I love smoking og. And it's right at the top of my favorite flavors. But I'm pretty much over the buzz. Super potent but extremely unmotivational.
My expirience with OG's is that first hour you are uplifted than you start feeling heavy...
But its best strain for meditation it have that head euphoria while at the same time your body is so relaxed.
Try not so smoke it....nothing comes close to it overall...but thats my opinion but in more than decade of growing...still havent found something that is better than good OG.

luposolitario

Whit istagram all was breeder, super legit verified cuts, lots, anyone have some money to invest sure easy it open a shop lateli, show pics send seeds, who know fuck are.. Im also have some show in istagram, one time one cros two good tipe grass sure some good pics going out, later if is call fire spaghetti or colombian og, who know..

luposolitario

Where did you see the '92 OG in the awards this year? is it in a hybrid?

big shout out to Dan, super stoked to have a few of his keepers from different lines to run this season.

The Double OG Chem is super fire...
Hatt sedds have seel by soaken beens lots pack cross 92og,i have some 92 og x ww. And have gift 92og x ubc chemo to my frends, have tell me is big.. Hi to all

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Well at least half of the top 10 from emerald cup outdoor was OG or OG hybrids, including the 92 OG… That is reaffirming. Shout out to Rebel Grown for many wins with his Double OG Chem!

-DD
it was last year '92 OG came in 8th, Mmmm good.

92 OGK bud 10.2.22.JPG

Thcvhunter

Veteran
My expirience with OG's is that first hour you are uplifted than you start feeling heavy...
But its best strain for meditation it have that head euphoria while at the same time your body is so relaxed.
Try not so smoke it....nothing comes close to it overall...but thats my opinion but in more than decade of growing...still havent found something that is better than good OG.
FECO made from OG is the best

OG isnt hyped because many people can't grow it to perfection.
So easy to grow strains get hype so that people ask their dealers and brokers for those and that way shitty farms can pump out easy biomass that has a high that last 20minutes and a low ceiling so custies keep buying more and more.
What's gonna sell more: good acid or cheap beer.

CannaT

Premium user
FECO made from OG is the best

OG isnt hyped because many people can't grow it to perfection.
So easy to grow strains get hype so that people ask their dealers and brokers for those and that way shitty farms can pump out easy biomass that has a high that last 20minutes and a low ceiling so custies keep buying more and more.
What's gonna sell more: good acid or cheap beer.
I dont talk about grow quality,I just say that my expirience is that OG grown to perfection blows out of water any strain or cutting there is.
That kerosine-ginger,new tennis balls funk 🤤.
And extreme potency.
It has it all for me.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well at least half of the top 10 from emerald cup outdoor was OG or OG hybrids, including the 92 OG… That is reaffirming. Shout out to Rebel Grown for many wins with his Double OG Chem!

-DD
Just looked this up as I've offer OG Chem and Double OG Chem before , when did Reservoir seeds ever offer OG Chem ? , I'm sure it's a typo or something and maybe a different strain Rebel grown talking about from Reservoir seeds but never EVER did Reservoir seeds offer a strain names OG Chem back in 2010.

Anyone know Rebel grown to ask him the question for me ? Who he got the cut from.
My OG Chem made alot of noise back then and I'm Interested to see if that's a typo or what ?

Last edited:

CannaT

Premium user
Just looked this up as I've offer OG Chem and Double OG Chem before , when did Reservoir seeds ever offer OG Chem ? , that's bullshit and that was my strain OG Chem , I'm sure it's a typo or something and maybe a different strain Rebel grown talking about from Reservoir seeds but never EVER did Reservoir seeds offer a strain names OG Chem back in 2010.

Anyone know Rebel grown to ask him the question for me ? Who he got the cut from.
My OG Chem made alot of noise back then and I'm Interested to see if that's a typo or what ?
Didnt grow your version.
Grown few versions of that lineage and all were fire.

Desert Dan

Veteran
At the end of the day hype is hype… I’ve experienced the same level of disappointment in 20yr old cuts as 20wk new new. The old cuts that don’t live up to the level of nostalgia romanticized over the years often gut you the most.

I’ve tossed seed plants better than 90% of the cuts I’ve ran, because my ego would rather me save room for the “known” cut.

I’ve decided to clear out the mother room and start popping gear I’ve acquired and made over the years… only keeping what resonates with me.

-DD

mexweed

Veteran
I’ve decided to clear out the mother room and start popping gear I’ve acquired and made over the years… only keeping what resonates with me.

-DD

this 100%

that is also a good way to avoid acquiring too much seed stock, focus on what you have to work with and find what you want

realistically I spend way way way too much time checking out my favorite seed banks "screen shopping"

but focusing on what I have now there is the potential to land everything I'm looking for

right now I have two phenos of stardawgXold sensi super skunk looking for a diesel, a pack of miami mango skunk to find a tropical fruit possibly haze leaning, pre98 bubbaXkimbo kush for a kush and maybe finding a SFV pheno in the motorbreathXstardawg

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I moved to New Mexico about 2.5 years ago. After being in southern California for 21 years. Swore I would bring in NO cuts! Although unclefishstick had a gg4 cut waiting for me when I got here.
I lasted a couple years. But flowering seed plants 1-6 at a time....shit got old. Lol. Fast. Had to bring in Sourdubb, chem d, SFV, skunkdog, and ssh.
Now I'm still popping seeds, making my own. But there's a reason elite cuts are elite. Or, should I say, elite cuts from 10-20 years ago are elite. Lol
As for all the new stuff...well...the rookies need to make their journey. If we all hadn't, we'd still all be smoking the boring afghanis and skunk's that started replacing the hazes and imports our parents smoked in the 60s and 70s. I remember the old hippies saying shit like we saying now (I'm 53). Today's journey for rookies is gonna be a lot longer, more to wade thru, but new pot snobs and nerds are being born every day and they will eventually figure it out. I mean, we all got og in the tent and searching those old ass hazes and imports we ignored in the 90s and early 2000s right?😆

Desert Dan

Veteran
@subrob

I feel that 100%… I guess if you do anything long enough, your motivations ebb and flow. Personally, I’m tired of dealing with dirty, dudded (hplvd) cuts and all of the headaches associated. I’m ready to start over clean and find my own grail.

Hopefully I find one and can pass it along to the fam here with a clear conscious 🤙

As you can tell, I’m amping myself up to the task of giving everything the axe.

-DD

Hiddenjems

Saw it mentioned in the thread and it’s my belief to, that testing has ruined weed.

Instead of smoking the flower, we now have a proxy, test results. “See, you must be high, it’s 35% thc”.

Instead of actually testing effects the old fashioned way, by getting the effects, a printout tells you exactly what experience you “should” have. Way to big pharma vibes for me.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
A nice mix. Two stretchers in back and bush on left are SSH x Sourdubb seed plants I made. Haven't been skirted cuz I'll be relying on reveg if there's a keeper. Even looking at that mess makes it hard for me to breathe as my ocd kicks in. They are day 25 todayfront right is SFV ogkush, day 16, will get skirted at day 20-21, when I know stretch is over. And just today a skinny little Maui skunkdog in the middle.

I've found I'm more comfortable with some GUARANTEED elite smoke alongside new possibilities. But I do take what precautions I can. Different blades, lots of alcohol cleaning.

And I have found growing nothing but seeds to be fun, an adventure every day. But the greats are great for a reason.

The SFV has undergone tissue culture. Wish I could say the same for skunkdog and chem d cuts I have.

IMG_20230530_182257737.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts