What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Breathing on your Plants...free CO2 generator

TOM BOMBADIL

their is a symbiotic relationship between certain plants and humans cannabis being one we have used one another for a very long time. in spiritus its hard to say our company may be pleasing to them.

Humility

Yeah I did some science on this and it turned out that one would have to spend inefficient amounts of time to make this work/raise the ppm levels sufficiently.

Now that said, a more effective method would be to use animals. Cats and dogs won't work. Insects would. I'm just now researching and am having difficulty finding an easy guide on which insects would work best or any data on relative rates of CO2 production by a variety of insects. I did find a link to this study in which it's postulated that insects could be selected for their food value, and eaten en lieu of animal meat in order to reduce global CO2 emissions.

http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0014445

s4b

yes it raises ur ppm but by a very tiny amount...one would have to be in the room all day with a few friends to see any kind of noticeable improvemnet...just my 2 cents

sith44

I think CO2 must be at a consistent level for your plants to absorb any substantial amount. Breathing on them wont help.

St3ve

Its old school horticultural knowledge thag talking to your plants makes them bigger. The old lady who spent all day in her garden or greenhouse talking to he babies always had the biggest orchids and rose bushes.

I know.. that is what I was referring too. I'm saying that its probably attributed to the excess CO2 as outlined in this thread. :dance013:

BullDogUK

Now that said, a more effective method would be to use animals. Cats and dogs won't work. Insects would.

Interesting idea but I think the resulting pest problem would probably outweigh the benefits, that is unless you had some way of trapping them in the grow room :whistling:

Latest posts

Latest posts