What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Breathing on your Plants...free CO2 generator

GodEmperor1767

The title says it all. Was up last night stoned out of my gourd and started looking it up. Did you know our exhaled breath is about 4% CO2?
Google it, I don't wanna post a dozen links.
Yield increase for free. Better light usage, improved nutrient absorption...sounds like damn fine snake oil...but it's free. :woohoo:

Anyone have any experience with this. Anyone know anyone who has tried it? It would be nice to hear about it.

It sounded good to me, so I'm starting to spend about an hour just breathing on the girls when I kick the lights on, and I'm going to start spending as much time as possible in the growroom. (Like typing this while setting on an upturned pot, being blinded by the lights, blowing on the girls every few breaths.((Started with every breath and nearly passed out)):puppydoge Starting a growlog soon, and doing to many different comparisons and test plants to keep it all organized already, so they all get sighed at and breath on together. No control group for this one. I'll post considerable pics, and keep a detail log, you guys can judge for yourselves, as I will.
Sorry to the hardcore scientist. I'm more of a completely insane, way beyond crazy, type of mad scientist. :crazy:

caligirl

I go into my 3, 600 hps growroom every morning and drink my first cup of coffee and read and warm up (its been freezing here and we dont use heat). I think this is why spending time your plants, whether you are inspecting them or singing to them, is good because u r breathing on them. I really dont want to get into co2 supplementation so i just leave the door open during lights on and visit often.

Tyga

Veteran
If you have that much free time in life that you can do that then go for it! Not sure how much its really doing for you depending on the size of the room but hey why not! Me personally barely have enough time to water the girls and keep up with the daily chores while still having somewhat of a social life!

RB56

Veteran
I keep my Nordic Track ski machine in my flower room for my morning workout. No idea if 30 minutes of heavy breathing helps the plants but I like looking at them and letting my mind wander.

GodEmperor1767

Cali girl that's a great idea. Morning coffee and bowl with the girls. (And a few boys hopefully) CO2 sup is to much nonsense and to much money for something I can make for free.
My seedling/starter room is 1.2m x .7m Very small, very compact. And I'm married, so my social life is already here. We also grow a number of greens with the girls, so she's happy when I'm spending time in here.
I would guess that it does help RB. The more I look into just breathing around them, the more I find that it seems to be a damn good,/beneficial to us and them, type thing.

CANNABEST

yes that is true. by us human breathing in the same room, will create co2 and help the plants, that's if you got that much time and spend your day in the r00m.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i used to do that in a pretty well sealed 4kw room, like 12x12 ish.... my own breath never raised it above 800 ppm
but ya it works
:)

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
great now there are going to be a whole bunch of newbs fainting in their grow rooms trying to up their yields by huffin air

04_fainted2.jpg

:jump:

btw I UP voted your first post because I dig people with outside the box ideas. I just picture a whole bunch of high growers literally falling over smacking their heads into reflectors during an attempt to up the co2 levels in the room. Too funny man

PrimeTimeNugs

I run c02 with a meter, i keep it at 1000-1100 ppm. When im in there by myself working it goes up to 12-14 15 if your breathing heavy. 2 people working, it gets real high. Thats in a sealed 11x11 room with the ventilation off.

bad gas

My heaviest breathing doesn't take place when I'm drinking coffee. If you guys want co2, hire me and my g/f and we'll make some co2 for ya. Probably a visual your plants would rather forget too.

After all, we hire trimmers, don't we? bg

toastfighter2

Yes, breathing in your grow room is definitely raises the co2 level, but that isn't the only benefit that you get from it. By simply being in the room with your plants, you are pretty much forced to look at them, and gives you a chance to "get to know your plants". Once you start to learn what each part of the plant is supposed to look like throughout the grow cycle,you can "read" what they want from you, instead of just following a schedule(in the couple years that I have been growing, I still haven't managed to teach one of the little bastards how to read a calendar)

caligirl

absolutely agree, the more time you spend looking at them, the sooner you catch issues that need to be addressed and also learn about the differences in strains etc. Some people on this thread seem a little resentful of people that have time to breath on their plants - well i havent always had a relaxed lifestyle but i do now and i love every minute of it!

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The most used figure is a human exhales on average a kilo of CO2 per day , so not much per hour if you have any ventilation or a large room .

Doubt you could quantify much difference unless its a sealed system , but time spent with plants is better than watching TV if you have nothing better planned , and you can definately squeeze a few more grames by micro manageing every plant and maximiseing light.

If you are going to spend hours in there wear some shades , the damage is slow but cumulative and ultimately permanent .

jorgecervantes1

i would blow (no homo) on my co2 meter to see what would happen, and after a few breaths the thing goes up to 7,000 ppm... when i work in my room for an hour i see it go from 500 to 800 ppm easily !!!

four20puppy

When i go into my grow room it has always been about the inhale not the exhale, not any more! I may have to re-arange to get a comfy chair in the grow tent, but the again maybe i could use a man cave within a man cave!

W89

Veteran
maybe it would work if we locked him in this grow room, closed off all the intake/outtake and didnt let him out till the end of the cycle....

highonmt

Veteran
I talk to my girls up close with a lot of heavy breathing. It really works with my plants not so much with the real ones.
images