What's new

Breaking Bad

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bad Not So Good

wtf was that? I guess they wanted to slow things down so they could mad hype the season finale. The flies, IMHO, are the reincarnations of the mexinators- they didn't show up together because they died at different times (lol).

Maybe it was so slow because the other actors and writers were on their summer vacations.

I've decided to quit watching the previews because they lie!

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
I've decided to quit watching the previews because they lie!
This episode was a prime example of how misleading the previews are.
Taken out of context and grouped together the way they do them makes you believe something entirely different is going to happen then what does.

This reminded me a lot of the episode from when they ran the battery out on the RV and were stuck in the desert together.

Not action packed, but still enjoyable to watch. I thought for sure he was going to tell him that he let his girlfriend die. :ying:

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
Apparently this episode was done to save money. There was a different writer than usual, and they stuck to one set/the main actors. They're called "bottled episodes" and they're usually done to save incurred or projected losses.

Considering this was a budget episode, I get it. But I still hope it doesn't happen again.

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
I think it was just an illustration of how much the stress of everything is getting to Walt and how he's in danger of coming undone unless he can get a handle on it.
Or a possible foreshadowing of his cancer coming out of remission, remember Jesse talking about his aunt and the possum?

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think it was just an illustration of how much the stress of everything is getting to Walt and how he's in danger of coming undone unless he can get a handle on it.
Or a possible foreshadowing of his cancer coming out of remission, remember Jesse talking about his aunt and the possum?

Don't you mean opossum? lol Definately a tweaker vibe to this episode, didn't help with Jesse slipping Walt sleeping pills.

I was wondering why they didn't just put on their hazmat suits/air tanks and fill the room with some lethal gas to kill that pesky fly. That would have been a Walt move fo sho.

barth

I was wondering why they didn't just put on their hazmat suits/air tanks and fill the room with some lethal gas to kill that pesky fly. That would have been a Walt move fo sho.

Exactly what i was thinking when i watched the episode.

I agree, I will say that it was a 'bottled episode' or a 'character-building episode' where nothing really happens except dialog that really doesn't push the plot much further.

Here's for hoping next week's episode has...events!

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
you cant give us any hints about what to expect breakingbad? :D

i was wondering why they didnt just crank up the exhaust when the fly was up on it and jesse climbed up on the ladder, with the pressure they had in that room to make the door so hard to open it would have sucked that sumbitch out with a quickness. i guess that was an intake and not exhaust.

I would have used a vacuum cleaner hose when the fucker landed!

3 more episodes left!

I'll give those of you who can't google a heads up...lol..

Episode 11 - "Abiquiu"

Skyler gets involved with Walt's business; Hank struggles with recovery; Jesse has a startling discovery.

Episode 12 - "Half Measures"

Jesse strikes out against advice; Walt takes drastic action to intervene.

Episode 13 - "Full Measure"

With Jesse on the run, Walt negotiates a bargain with Gus to provide for his and Jesse's safety.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Yea, seemed like a filler episode. It happens when watching a series I guess. Jesse always has a funny comment that makes the episodes though...

"Gatorade me bitches"

OP

Dethclock

I would have used a vacuum cleaner hose when the fucker landed!

3 more episodes left!

I'll give those of you who can't google a heads up...lol..

Episode 11 - "Abiquiu"

Skyler gets involved with Walt's business; Hank struggles with recovery; Jesse has a startling discovery.

Episode 12 - "Half Measures"

Jesse strikes out against advice; Walt takes drastic action to intervene.

Episode 13 - "Full Measure"

With Jesse on the run, Walt negotiates a bargain with Gus to provide for his and Jesse's safety.
Are these the last 3 episodes of the season,or of the series?

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
Yea the last episode will probably be in the middle of the 4th season when they show Skylar cooking along-side Walt lmao.

Yeah, I agree this weeks episode was lame....I though Walt was going to tell him about Jane in his fucked up state of mind, and also thought for sure Walt was going to pass out while holding the latter for Jessi...but nothing....im glad though...The next 3 should be great...

AND...yeah, the previews are crap...lol....They are doing this type of shit with every show on tv these days,...I dont remember previews like this a couple years ago, or maybe I didn't watch tv that much..I dont know, but im going to stop watching the previews, they dont have anything to do with the actual show...

Its still easily the best show on tv....Up there with OZ and Sopranos....and ofcourse WEEDS....which is still my fav probably, but Breaking Bad is right there with it.

"Its a FLY!..................................................YO!"

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I just found this thread and have been watching the series from the start and I thought the last ep was funny as hell! Walt was on a good one I think it's going to be revealed he dabbled into their product and that's why he hadn't slept lol.. But yea this is definitely one of the best series to hit tv along with The Wire, Weeds, Dexter, The Shield and Justified is pretty bad ass too..

Also don't know about you guys but I think it's funny that as kids we made fun of our Mom's and their soap opera's and here we are with a thread about our new school soap lol

bs0

I really liked this episode!

Not action packed by any means, but we definitely got insight on walt's car ride after meeting with the chickenman.

Now we see that walt blames himself for everything that has happened. And a previous poster here's prediction of cancer may be coming to fruition as well! Jesse's story combined with the fly on the fire alarm... Plus, I think that walt is now officially losing his mind. The only thing holding walt back so far was his *limited* morals. But now? Anything can happen at any time. walt blames himself for jesse's girlfriend's death (what he sees as his point of no return, the point he lost his morality), as well as his family's hatred and the plane crash. He can't sleep and he can't think straight.

The tension when I thought walt was going to come clean to jesse was so thick it could be cut with a butter knife and had me standing and walking in circles I was so uncomfortable.

This is the calm before the storm friends... If you think walt already broke bad you've seen nothing yet!

Latest posts

Latest posts