What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Brass Capsules

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is a good batch. Took 1 size 00 capsule this morning. Worked pretty well. Rebooting effects with a toke or 2 here or there. May not need to take a 2nd one today. Just an easy-going long lasting effect. Great method of medicating!

Looks like the recipe is similar to others. When I simmer the 2nd time after freezing may cook at 220F for 25 minutes again, so it has time to completely heat up for at least 20 minutes since the 35-40 minute cook time was divided into 2 with freezing in between baking at low heat.

Bad Kat recommended setting the oven to 250F then once the oven is opened and the cooking dish is placed , reduce the temperature to 220F, but thats too risky because you could easily forget. Would rather cook for a few more minutes at 220F for a total of 45 min.

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Getting ready to make more capsules. Love them. Makes the smoke go so much further. Take a capsule in the morning and after lunch and a toke here or there hits so much better. Steady stream of healthy meds. Not really over-stimulating. Got a good dose dialed in.

Just took 1 capsule today and it lasts pretty well. Take the 2nd dose to help with work fatigue and soreness.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok. So the recommendation for cooking time looks like 35-40 minutes on the other recipes. So in your experience, is 40 minutes enough time to cook it, even tough its starting out having to heat up again after freezing?

This last batch I used a little extra lecithin. I allowed it to warm up on the warm pad and stirred well after freezing before baking at 220 or 20 minutes again. I extend the 2nd one a couple minutes to allow it to heat back up. Probably not necessary, but still works. Would be more important for the bigger batches. I had one with 30 grams, so it has more volume to cook. It had 3 oz coconut oil.

Going to get some Size 0 caps maybe for dosing. The 00 are fine, but may want to have the option to have the smaller ones sometimes.

BrassNwood

Veteran
Ok. So the recommendation for cooking time looks like 35-40 minutes on the other recipes. So in your experience, is 40 minutes enough time to cook it, even tough its starting out having to heat up again after freezing?

This last batch I used a little extra lecithin. I allowed it to warm up on the warm pad and stirred well after freezing before baking at 220 or 20 minutes again. I extend the 2nd one a couple minutes to allow it to heat back up. Probably not necessary, but still works. Would be more important for the bigger batches. I had one with 30 grams, so it has more volume to cook. It had 3 oz coconut oil.

Going to get some Size 0 caps maybe for dosing. The 00 are fine, but may want to have the option to have the smaller ones sometimes.
I've done as short as just 10 minutes on the warming pad and found it to be an adequate infusing, Skipped the freeze and went straight to capsules. Same punch just a bit of a sandy mouth texture.

BrassNwood

Veteran
PXL_20240418_190456653.jpg

That dish I'd left in the freezer.

PXL_20240418_194017164.jpg

Done

PXL_20240418_221917990.jpg

2 more 15 gram spreads.

PXL_20240418_230214880.jpg

Decarbed and into the oil. Infused and left in the freezer for the night.

BrassNwood

Veteran
PXL_20240419_214641285.jpg

15 and 15 grams

PXL_20240419_224459825.jpg

A long drizzle of lecithin and 3 tablespoons of Oil

PXL_20240419_225245483.jpg

And in we go.

PXL_20240419_225732442.jpg

220 F for 20 minutes and into the freezer for the night as it was too late to finish.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome. Trying to find the time to make more. Have to sort seed and smell test flower as I go to determine keepers. A little smoke testing as I go, but it works well to just smell test.

These capsules are great, I like the larger 00 size but may get some size 0 capsules to have a few with a lower dose.

What size is the dropper opening? My friend had one with a large opening, but it was a very short dropper. I've been using a standard dropper for glycerine tincture supplements. The opening is fairly small, so sometimes it draws only oil so you have to agitate/stir it slightly as you draw oil into dropper so its mixed in a slury.

BrassNwood

Veteran
Awesome. Trying to find the time to make more. Have to sort seed and smell test flower as I go to determine keepers. A little smoke testing as I go, but it works well to just smell test.

These capsules are great, I like the larger 00 size but may get some size 0 capsules to have a few with a lower dose.

What size is the dropper opening? My friend had one with a large opening, but it was a very short dropper. I've been using a standard dropper for glycerine tincture supplements. The opening is fairly small, so sometimes it draws only oil so you have to agitate/stir it slightly as you draw oil into dropper so its mixed in a slury.

I should do a short video of how I do the Hash. Pick up a capsule and remove and lay down the top. Pick up loaded eyedropper and dispense slurry into capsule stopping 1 drop short creating a concave depression. This leaves enough of an air gap the lid stays on securely. A flat filled or convex (protruding bulge) bottom half will push the cap off slightly after it's dropped into the cup. I can hear the pop and see the lid is no longer fully closed as the capsule is longer than its mates.

Back to the process. After filling the capsule while the bulb is still collapsed between finger and thumb, I'll draw up the next load into the dropper. Lay down the loaded dropper in the dish put the lid on the just filled capsule and toss into the cup and grab another empty capsule. Every 3 loads or so I'll stir the dish as the hash settles and firms where it's not kept actively kept in slurry form. Great word choice by the way. I've been using Paste or Goo.

Grab some strong 3x readers from the market to help see what you're doing. I try and combine motions and get the most from every act. I can only set and fill them so long before my back starts to complain, and my hands start to cramp. Getting old sucks but getting dead still looks worse.

BrassNwood

Veteran
PXL_20240420_190658952.jpg

With the oil jar filled at 800ish capsules this pint mason jar gets the overflow. I think that's enough for the moment. I should knock out some FECO next.

To celebrate everybody's favorite Holliday I had my usual 4 caps at 04:00 then 2 more at 08:00 to start the party and added some 180-proof hash tincture at 10:00.

Later filling more capsules, I fumbled twice and had to fish out and eat the dunked lowers. Emptied 2 dishes of oil and naturally they need wiped out and my oil covered finger licked clean. More than 1 capsule worth but not 2. 65 mg per capsule but lecithin enhanced so I count them as double strength.

Let us count shall we.
65x 4+ 120+ 65+ 180= 625 add 3 or 4 tincture shooters and no wonder I was..... Heh. If you figure in the lecithin, it's more like a smidgen more than 1000mg hit in what I got from it.

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats great, my friend said he took a 1000 mg THC hemp derived edible that was supposed to be divided into 2 and he was getting sick.

These capsules are great. Seems like a nice smooth effect thats easy to work with but still makes the mouth dry. I had a couple size 00 as usual and went to a christian worship concert with Mercy Me, Newsboys, and David Leonard. It was a great show, packed house, they said it was the best show yet on the tour, and it was, could feel the presence of the Lord among us.

I was a little tired in the morning and took the first one before really waking up after a sip of coffee and it hit me a little stronger that day. So when I got there, the medicine was working well since I took the 2nd one later in the afternoon. Would have taken an extra, but had suite tickets with others and didn't want to have it too strong. These capsules are handy! :smoke:

Thanks for the detailed instructions. Thats a good idea to just go ahead and draw it in the dropper. Didn't seem to have problems having the caps not fit on. I just pushed them tight. But I did notice extra pressure. Will have to watch for that. Thankfully I have pretty good vision, and used to work at a tree and shrub nursery, so did lots of production work.

How long do these last in the refrigerator? I think BadKat had a recommendation. Don't freeze them again though unless you want them more sleepy effect, I think you said.

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you like the size 00 capsules? Maybe its because I used the early harvest its a little lower potency. I like the bigger ones. The smaller can be taken later in the day with the lower dose.

Want to give my dog some of this mix. May fill some half caps for him, he's about 70 lbs and is 14-15 years old. He has arthritis. Been giving him some cbd hemp oil once a day or 2 recently.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you recommend freezing the flower before making dry ice kief? I have been but, not sure if its necessary. Also don't want to stock up my fridge with jars of flower if it doesn't really help. I figured it might help and did it last time.

Its good to make the hash on a cold day I would assume. The dry ice being so cold, its may not make much difference. Warm temperatures may make the dry ice evaporate/ sublimate faster, so you would need more dry ice to do the work.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Cannabis Coconut Oil Capsules​

One of the most popular infused oils, you can quickly fill your capsules with cannabis coconut oil.
Just like cannabutter, you want to ensure your coconut oil is gently warmed and melted into a liquid state before trying to fill your capsules.

Cannabis MCT Oil Capsules​

Popular for sublingual use, cannabis-infused MCT oil can also be used to fill your cannabis capsules.
One important thing to note is that MCT oil has a reputation for causing digestive distress in some individuals.
Be sure to test out small amounts of your cannabis MCT oil and assess your tolerance before filling a lot of capsules.

Cannabis Olive Oil Capsules​

Cannabis-infused olive oil is another popular infusion option for those who don’t want or can’t have coconut products.
Olive oil is generally well-tolerated and can easily be added to capsules for a convenient, easy way to consume.

Would remain an oil-- and may not work in capsules without sealing.​

Full-Extract Cannabis Oil (FECO/RSO) Capsules​

You can fill your capsules with full-extract cannabis oil, also known as FECO or RSO.
While FECO is typically consumed sublingually, it can also be consumed in edibles.
For those who find the taste of FECO too bitter or overwhelming, adding it to a capsule may be an excellent solution for more enjoyable consumption.
Because full-extract cannabis oil is a potent, full-spectrum concentrate, I want to warn you first that you should test your tolerance to it with tiny doses before consuming a whole capsule.

If you’ve never consumed FECO before, an entire capful may be too much for your tolerance and leave you feeling uncomfortably high.
When getting started, it is recommended to consume a grain of rice-sized amount of FECO before working your way up to more significant amounts.
If you know you can only tolerate a drop or two but still want to consume it in capsule form; you can add the tiny drop of FECO to the capsule and fill the rest with a carrier oil like MCT, olive oil, or coconut oil.

BrassNwood

Veteran
Do you like the size 00 capsules? Maybe its because I used the early harvest its a little lower potency. I like the bigger ones. The smaller can be taken later in the day with the lower dose.

Want to give my dog some of this mix. May fill some half caps for him, he's about 70 lbs and is 14-15 years old. He has arthritis. Been giving him some cbd hemp oil once a day or 2 recently.
Way to big a dose for a dog IME. For our suffering 70 pound Labrador I thinned a single drop down by a 1/3rd and that was plenty. She like my wife didn't need but a touch of the oil to make her woozy. Start very low dose and gradually work up watching close for signs of distress or confusion.
Do you recommend freezing the flower before making dry ice kief? I have been but, not sure if its necessary. Also don't want to stock up my fridge with jars of flower if it doesn't really help. I figured it might help and did it last time.

Its good to make the hash on a cold day I would assume. The dry ice being so cold, its may not make much difference. Warm temperatures may make the dry ice evaporate/ sublimate faster, so you would need more dry ice to do the work.
No, I work with room temp buds.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks, will start low dose with Wiley my dog. He actually took a lick from the bubblehash drying when he was a puppy and I took him to the vet when I saw him falling over in the yard. I didn't realize until i got back he had got into it.

Can't wait to get some other batches made. Will have to re-evaluate for potency each batch. This early harvest is pretty easy going, but I have a feeling, when the flower hits like a ton of bricks, the caps will be the same.

Great way to enjoy your favorite phenotypes. A capsule a day keeps the doctor away!

I may use the freezer anyway to preserve the resin after I work through the jar and sort seed. It takes lots of time, so have to prep the jars to remove seed, so hashmaking process is faster.

Need the seed now anyway, time to plant. Great way to go through the flower to get seed without having to smoke so much! I can't do that anymore. The caps are such a great delivery method for the cannabinoids! Very predictable and long lasting!

Thanks for the help! Have you had the surgery yet? :smoke:

BrassNwood

Veteran
Thanks, will start low dose with Wiley my dog. He actually took a lick from the bubblehash drying when he was a puppy and I took him to the vet when I saw him falling over in the yard. I didn't realize until i got back he had got into it.

Can't wait to get some other batches made. Will have to re-evaluate for potency each batch. This early harvest is pretty easy going, but I have a feeling, when the flower hits like a ton of bricks, the caps will be the same.

Great way to enjoy your favorite phenotypes. A capsule a day keeps the doctor away!

I may use the freezer anyway to preserve the resin after I work through the jar and sort seed. It takes lots of time, so have to prep the jars to remove seed, so hashmaking process is faster.

Need the seed now anyway, time to plant. Great way to go through the flower to get seed without having to smoke so much! I can't do that anymore. The caps are such a great delivery method for the cannabinoids! Very predictable and long lasting!

Thanks for the help! Have you had the surgery yet? :smoke:
15th of May is the scheduled date.

Latest posts

Latest posts