What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Brass Capsules

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Filling them all full with this batch. I can just double up on them to mimic the dose of the regular recipe since they are half dilution with 1 teaspoon coconut oil per gram kief instead of 0.5 tsp per gram.

Just took 0.5 mL as a sublingual as I'm filling the rest of them. Having fun. Getting a mild effect which is what I'm looking for. I guess I could chew a capsule and take as a sublingual that way. Will be careful with these being full. 2 may be too much at once, but I could take one then take another in 2 hours so it doesn't all it at once.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Took another 0.25 mg and scraped the bowl, for a total of 4.25 capsules today!

Kind of nice being more dilute, but its not necessary seems like it needs to be more strong to be more effective.

Helped to hold it in my mouth as a sublingual. No reason not to, it probably helps the absorption.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Started taking the capsules yesterday. I made a 50% more dilute mix and it works but I have to take more. Going with 4 capsules a day, so going to go ahead and use the original BadKat capsule mix ratio because its a good dose.

But like you said, have to test each plant you do. Some plants have more potent resin than others. I think the rate is safe though taking an entire Size O capsule containing about 25 drops or 0.5 mL.
With 4 capsules a day, seems to be a good rate, so will test how taking 2 does which is equal to 1 of the original recipe rate.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How many did you say you normally take? 2 per day? I could take 2 but would space them out one early in the day one at lunch.

Seemed like the ones i made last about 3 hours but they aren't very strong. Leaves some room for smoking. Makes the pipe go a lot further like you said!

Loving these, haven't been able to smoke the plants to get this effect because of how the resin hits. I just have to put the pipe down and it takes a long time to get there. With the capsules you just take them. I actually chew them and hold in mouth for a few minutes to let it absorb and get instant relief! Great concentrate!

BrassNwood

Veteran
Do you keep a smaller jar outside the refrigerator for the capsules you take throughout the week?
Yes, they seem to last indefinitely even at room temps and higher.

PXL_20240408_194759844.jpg

Another set gets underway.

PXL_20240408_204349887.jpg

90 per dish so 180 for the round.

PXL_20240408_205125978.jpg

Next round finished decarb. I ran a 3rd decarb for tincture shooters.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Doubling up today using the half rate lower diluteion capsules. So just took 2 about a half hour ago. Think the original recipe is about right. Will take 2 more at lunch. I had 4.5 capsules yesterday of my lower dilution. 2 in the morning and 2 at lunch, and then a half capsule worth before dinner. Was about right!

Great medicine, getting the health benefits I've been looking for. Much better than smoking since it keeps the endocannabinoid system supported over time as well as not being too overpowering. I like the effect of the kief capsules! Much gentler than smoking a pipe all at once, I can't even do that if I wanted to, because its too strong.

BrassNwood

Veteran
Doubling up today using the half rate lower diluteion capsules. So just took 2 about a half hour ago. Think the original recipe is about right. Will take 2 more at lunch. I had 4.5 capsules yesterday of my lower dilution. 2 in the morning and 2 at lunch, and then a half capsule worth before dinner. Was about right!

Great medicine, getting the health benefits I've been looking for. Much better than smoking since it keeps the endocannabinoid system supported over time as well as not being too overpowering. I like the effect of the kief capsules! Much gentler than smoking a pipe all at once, I can't even do that if I wanted to, because its too strong.

I usually take my "Dose" when I get up (04:00) along with the rest of my meds blood pressure et:al. It'll have me cooking really well for 3 to 4 hours. When it fades enough a single toke, or a mini tincture hash shooter will boot the edible in the ass nice and hard and I'm at force 10 all over again. I can keep rebooting that high virtually all day long and well into the evening.

The only time I re-dose the edible is when I'm in enough pain from doing something I shouldn't have earlier in the day as they can keep me awake half the night taken late in the day. The stuff has a speedy edge to it on me.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool. Probably depends on the plant. This was early harvest maybe I had a little less THC in this one. I like it though. Its a benefit, but not overkill. Would like to not have to take so much quantity of coconut oil, ended up being about 2 mL in the 4 capsules, so will be nice to have it more potent.

Will look at the jars and use some with less green in it if possible next time too.

BrassNwood

Veteran
PXL_20240409_163326970.jpg

Another morning filling capsules.

PXL_20240409_173915079.jpg

180 more FTW.
540 so far if my current count is correct.
Fresh jar of Louana organic oil showed up today.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sweet, you're getting stocked up. Thought about making up a bunch to give to friends and family who need the medicine. I have so much harvest it need to go be put to use before it starts getting old.

This could be a good way to preserve the resin.

Just got in the organic sunflower lecithin. About to run a 5 g batch with Badkat's low dose recipe w/ 2.5 tsp oil.

Also got some organic hemp seed oil to try.

Such a blessing to be able to know about this form of edible/concentrate.

I guess what we are using is technically FECO Full extract cannabis oil?

After I get the dose dialed in, will make a topical to treat my skin.

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Our aim here is to transform roughly 5.5 grams of quality hash
into 15 concentrated canna capsules, for a very intense and
narcotic effect (which takes into consideration my daily smoking
& edible-eating personal dose... yours should start at only .15g
per cap, otherwise you may not enjoy the very (too)intense
effects, and you could wind up spending the day, bent over a bin
or a toilet).

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
- Minimum 5.0 grams sifted hash, or fine kief.
Could try with finer kief. Need to not run the batches of dry ice hash for longer than 60 to prevent contamination with plant matter.
(Remember, if a single dose turns out much too strong for you, you can dilute it
further with extra coconut oil until you achieve the desired effect. There is no rush
so feel free to fill one capsule, try it before filling the rest, and see if changes are
needed. These start out strong. Some of you will require less product per-cap.)

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I guess when doing the 5 gram batches, when using 2.5-3 teaspoons coconut oil, can use 1/2 tsp lecithin? She recommends using 1/4 tsp lecithin powder initially then adding 1/8 teaspoon later on. Will use 1/2 tsp.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thick on this batch. Have a couple friends who are going to be blessed by this as well as my brother. One friend is a marine veteran who has health issues from a complicated surgery with the digestive system and pancreatitis. Another friend has a form of bipolar and would really benefit from accurate dosed edibles instead of smoking.

I don't have time to smoke all the time, so this is a great option to help me with soreness and fatigue from work, minor digestive issues, and stress. Wonder if anyone else has recipes for these caps.

Is BadKat's the original or what? Thank you BadKat!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Took 2 of the new Bad Kat recipe caps with 2.5 tsp oil and not a whole lot of activity and not for sure why. Making a big batch of 2 groups of 15 grams

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
May be the kief isn't as fine sifted and is a little early harvest. Theres several special steps bad kat has that we skip. Maybe I could follow her directions a little more close.

Should have done shorter times making kief with dry ice maybe. Will have to do a batch with some kief from regular harvest.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i made it with sunflower lecithin on the first one today, using Fern Soy lecithin for the 2nd. Also put sunflower in there on accident. That may be it.