What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BP gone Hydro

BigPhil

Veteran
Excellent work my friend :)

Cheers Buddy. Found a leaf today with 2 thrip larvae on it, So to help catch any adults. I haven't seen any flying around, But I've made a homemade trap. Bowl of water with apple cider vinegar in and washing up liquid, The washing up liquid will break water tension making anything that lands on the water drown. And put an order in for predator mites for the young ones. I have tanlin already that I can put in when I feed. I fooking hate thrip's little c*nts

BigPhil

Veteran
Taken a couple more pics today

The leaves do not look as dark as b4 but the buds have nice colour
picture.php

picture.php

The Truthband would make a great hash plant, The flash bring's out the trichomes
picture.php

The unwelcome little shit's
picture.php

BigPhil

Veteran
Wow. Super frost and lovely colours BigPhil. Excellent work. Do you think the LED is helping with the frost?
Good website for predators
Www.defenders.co.uk

Hello Green mate. That's a tough question because the unicorns on both sides look as frosty as each other. The 707 Truthbands however have tiny buds and are as frosty as fu*k. Like the leaves are coated on both sides lol. Guess you can't have it all :biggrin: One of them will be ready at 7 weeks, The top nugz pistols have already gone orange/brown at 35 days. And what I thought was burning was actually a colour change hahaha.

I do like the LED though all the plants under it look really healthy still, Haven't ran into any problems with it :headbange

Cheers for link I'll get that bookmarked :ying:

BigPhil

Veteran
That Truthband looks like its been dipped in sugar. Good work pal.

Thank you very much Sir Rude. Super frosty variety.
I'm going to upload some pics soon dropped my phone in some water 2 hours ago, Normally take a phone a day or 2 to let you know if it's knackered or not after coming in contact with water lol. Well was my feed bucket haha.

BigPhil

Veteran
So I like the idea of grow bags, But not so much fabric pots, I got a feeling they are going catch salts, So I found these. I had to order them from USA but came super quick. Pot upgrade

picture.php

It's a plastic coated material reminds me of a deckchair, These are built to be reused, They look nice and feel kinda nice as well
picture.php

This is SU#2 out of the 11 seeds that popped 2,3,4,6,8,9 was fem, Strawberry Unicorn #2 is by far the stinkyist, Smelling really sweet, Was on of the stretchy one's as well, They was 20-22 inch when flowered this one finished at 52"
picture.php

HPS Side
picture.php

picture.php

BigPhil

Veteran
What I thought was burning, It just looked like burnt to me, Was the start of some purple
picture.php

BigPhil

Veteran
707 Truthband

707 Truthband

Hay at 42 days trichomes are all milky. Starting the flush for this lady today will be taking her life next weekend hehe. Insanely fast finisher, Yield is not in the genes though. Did't bother keeping the cut of the other 707, Who's starting to look like an 8 weeker.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I actually put the bodhi beans aside and popped 10 Motor breath 15 x long bottom fighter beanz and 6, 3 headed dragon x Long bottom fighter seeds for next run, Fingers crossed for 8 fems. They was freebies but from the research I did on them are pure fire! Also had some post come today, Few more bodhi bean's Cherry Queen... Hollyweed... Lazy lightning... And a few more packs of fire freebies, Long bottom fighter x Girl scout cookies, And some others can't remember off by heart. Well The 3 headed dragon was a Bodhi so got a cross germing. All 16 seeds came up

Last edited:

ForTheLove

Veteran
Got my mouth watering for your Truth band @BigPhil. . . . That sounded better in my head, ha ha ha!
What's her funk like? (Apologies if you are repeating this info)
I like Emerald Mountain's work & the odd strains that Humboldt seed organisation are working with from the Emerald M - 707 truth band. Gist Grow - sapphire scout. Bio Vortex - blk dog.

And like yourself I've always liked bodhi's work to!
Sorry man, last thing.
Where/what breeder are the MB15 X LBL from? Gonna be some righteous stinkers in those!
Thanks ??

BigPhil

Veteran
Got my mouth watering for your Truth band @BigPhil. . . . That sounded better in my head, ha ha ha!
What's her funk like? (Apologies if you are repeating this info)
I like Emerald Mountain's work & the odd strains that Humboldt seed organisation are working with from the Emerald M - 707 truth band. Gist Grow - sapphire scout. Bio Vortex - blk dog.

And like yourself I've always liked bodhi's work to!
Sorry man, last thing.
Where/what breeder are the MB15 X LBL from? Gonna be some righteous stinkers in those!
Thanks ??

Hello ForTheLove haha she is a juicy lady! The funk is mild at the mo. I find after a good dry and bit if cure it will reveal itself a little more. Popping my Emerald mountain cherry with this one.
The breeder for the mb15 x lbf is Bad Dawg Genetics. I think he owns an American seed bank and gives his work out as freebies when you make orders. I use his site because he has a massive Bodhi selection. Can PM you the site if you wish?

Green81

Veteran
So many varieties in your garden, looks like there isnt space for even half-keepers. Nice work :) :)

BigPhil

Veteran
So many varieties in your garden, looks like there isnt space for even half-keepers. Nice work :) :)

Thanks Green I try lol. They filled the space nicely. Looking like there is a potassium defficeny showing on the strawberry unicorns. I am wondering if it could be a calcium problem as if there isn't enough they use more potassium instead. I checked the off run off each pot the ph is coming out a little lower and e.c 0.4 higher so maybe it could be salt build up. I don't want to use cal mag as the mag actually sticks to Nitrogen making Nitrogen less available. Today I will try feeding just water then do a cal mag feed then water the next day and carry on as normal. Or might just do 2 or 3 days water.
I tried some new coco echo thrive light mix. What a load of crap that coco mix is. The Sun Ra's look rough but couple of other plants in canna coco pro look great so I think it's defiantly that echo thrive coco. Young plants roots just can't handle it. I am giving them 3 days without a water to give the roots a chance to recover and grow.

BigPhil

Veteran
I learnt something new the other day as well. Sugar in the feed will actually kill most pests. The pests will feed on the plant. The sugar turns into alcohol which in turn kills the bugs feeding on it. So may start adding molasses once a week

ForTheLove

Veteran
Hello ForTheLove haha she is a juicy lady! The funk is mild at the mo. I find after a good dry and bit if cure it will reveal itself a little more. Popping my Emerald mountain cherry with this one.
The breeder for the mb15 x lbf is Bad Dawg Genetics. I think he owns an American seed bank and gives his work out as freebies when you make orders. I use his site because he has a massive Bodhi selection. Can PM you the site if you wish?

I hear you on the settling time! Lol. . . A little cure can do wonders:)
Yes pls. Is my answer to your last question.

Also, if you do go the molasses route.
Very low dose as I've found in my soil situation, it will encourage yellowing from top to bottom in any thing more than 1ml-2ml per ltr.
But thats just my experience.

BigPhil

Veteran
I hear you on the settling time! Lol. . . A little cure can do wonders:)
Yes pls. Is my answer to your last question.

Also, if you do go the molasses route.
Very low dose as I've found in my soil situation, it will encourage yellowing from top to bottom in any thing more than 1ml-2ml per ltr.
But thats just my experience.

I've only put some in twice up2 now. But only put 1 spoon in 20 liters. Not sure what a table soon is ment to be looks about 10 mill worth at a guess. Nice1 for the heads up.
I did see a pod cast on YouTube that was about soil. The guy on that was talking about putting sugar cubes in the soil lol. But he knew his stuff sounded like a master on the subject.

Cloneman

Veteran
I've only put some in twice up2 now. But only put 1 spoon in 20 liters. Not sure what a table soon is ment to be looks about 10 mill worth at a guess. Nice1 for the heads up.
I did see a pod cast on YouTube that was about soil. The guy on that was talking about putting sugar cubes in the soil lol. But he knew his stuff sounded like a master on the subject.

Tablespoon = 15ml
Listen to this classic. 96 or 97 I was new to NFT and had read about giving sugar in flower but couldn't find the article (well before overgrow) so i got 2 bags of sugar, put one in the rez and thought fuck it put the other one in.
Checked the rez a couple of days later and it had a head on it, I was feeding them BEER...

BigPhil

Veteran
Tablespoon = 15ml
Listen to this classic. 96 or 97 I was new to NFT and had read about giving sugar in flower but couldn't find the article (well before overgrow) so i got 2 bags of sugar, put one in the rez and thought fuck it put the other one in.
Checked the rez a couple of days later and it had a head on it, I was feeding them BEER...

That's a lot of sugar hahaha, That is insane how did it taste? Not the home brew haha.
I just used my syringe my tables spoon's only 8ml. When you got the time watch this mate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP25ogBW4Z8&t=8696s
He's a very knowledgeable guy. I know you been in the game for a long time. But it's still well worth watching.

ForTheLove

Veteran
@BigPhil
mate I love future cannabis project! So, so much great information, some of my fav breeders etc, check out the myth buster edition bro science vs science lol
that & "the pot cast" on sound cloud

BigPhil

Veteran
@BigPhil
mate I love future cannabis project! So, so much great information, some of my fav breeders etc, check out the myth buster edition bro science vs science lol
that & "the pot cast" on sound cloud

I will check it out. They have done a lot of soil pod casts but no hydro ones or coco. You know I was thinking about a week ago. I need to get my pen and paper out and take some notes while listening to these guys. You are right loads of great information to be taken in. It's just They are so long it's hard to take all the information in lol

Latest posts

Latest posts