What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bonzo BoUnCeS back...:)

Bonzo

Veteran
Wow just read in FFs thread that someone was having probs and after going batshit crazy like me he changed all filters and membranes on RO unit and things got better...hmmm couldnt hurt...doesnt explain whay some are healthy and some arent though...

FUCKING BAFFLED AND WAY PISSED...

Bonzo

Veteran
gonna mix up some 6/9 with tap...my 450 ppm tap...fuck it...ill try anything at this point

Shorts kills it with even higher ppm outa the tap

NOT GIVING UP!!!

Mister_D

Veteran
gonna mix up some 6/9 with tap...my 450 ppm tap...fuck it...ill try anything at this point

Shorts kills it with even higher ppm outa the tap

NOT GIVING UP!!!

Give it a try bro, my tap is 300 ppm at the redemption thread garden and currently up to 400 ppm at the big garden. All depends on whats in your tap. Mine is almost all calcium so it works awesome with coco :biggrin:. What color is the buildup on your sink/shower head/etc? That is assuming you don't have a water softener, and get a build up of some mineral/s.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would definitely be on the lookout for bugs man, particularly aphids. One bonus of running the organic soil is that you don't have to worry about ppm's and ph etc, and it kind of eliminates those things as factors when you are having problems.

whodare

Veteran
Bonz, get back to you roots.

If it ain't broke don't fix it type thing.

Hydro had ya running smooth, plus, to me at least, small net pots of hydroton are a whole lot easier to handle/dispose of.

Never mind the control you have of the nutrient solution.

I've heard all the reasons against hydro, but with planning and a few neat tools you can eliminate all the risks, and have a system you can comfortably walk away from for a week.

Save the experimentation for small tests until comfortable.

This is coming from a guy who ran three different techniques under three lights in one room. K.i.s.s.

Anyway take care now my 2 pennies have been deposited, sorry cant help with the soil though, never ran it.

Bonzo

Veteran
You'll get it Bonz !!

:lurk:

Howdy Brother Bear! :) i aint givin up thats for sure!

Give it a try bro, my tap is 300 ppm at the redemption thread garden and currently up to 400 ppm at the big garden. All depends on whats in your tap. Mine is almost all calcium so it works awesome with coco :biggrin:. What color is the buildup on your sink/shower head/etc? That is assuming you don't have a water softener, and get a build up of some mineral/s.

Mornin brotha D! i think the water out here is very hard (calcium?) 6/9 tap!

I would definitely be on the lookout for bugs man, particularly aphids. One bonus of running the organic soil is that you don't have to worry about ppm's and ph etc, and it kind of eliminates those things as factors when you are having problems.

what it is coobbler! :) i think your right and i have been looking, founds mites on 2 plants...regular mites...their quarentined...now i have these fuckin' fliers that under magnification dont look like aphids but they burrow into the coco...i have taken a bunch of plants either at transplant or just to do it and thouroghly inspected roots...tore em apart damn near...with a scope...NOTHING! i at least expected to see gnat larvae...dude nothin' and roots look good! im just totally stumped. what the fuck am i missing?

Bonz, get back to you roots.

If it ain't broke don't fix it type thing.

Hydro had ya running smooth, plus, to me at least, small net pots of hydroton are a whole lot easier to handle/dispose of.

Never mind the control you have of the nutrient solution.

I've heard all the reasons against hydro, but with planning and a few neat tools you can eliminate all the risks, and have a system you can comfortably walk away from for a week.

Save the experimentation for small tests until comfortable.

This is coming from a guy who ran three different techniques under three lights in one room. K.i.s.s.

Anyway take care now my 2 pennies have been deposited, sorry cant help with the soil though, never ran it.

howdy ho whodare! :) dude im feelin' ya on goin' back to what i know...ive been a hydro guy all my life and ive had my share of problems here and there but nothing like this...this is fuckin literally driving me insane...may be a return to buckets soon...or some form of hydro...this is keepin me up at night...

thanks for all the input fellas! just checked on the girls...droopy lifeless...ruins my day when my plants are sick...

oh but no matter what i do i am goin to give your recipe a shot cob...just for fun and who knows it may just work for me

peace and love my brethren!

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bonz said:
what it is coobbler! i think your right and i have been looking, founds mites on 2 plants...regular mites...their quarentined...now i have these fuckin' fliers that under magnification dont look like aphids but they burrow into the coco...i have taken a bunch of plants either at transplant or just to do it and thouroghly inspected roots...tore em apart damn near...with a scope...NOTHING! i at least expected to see gnat larvae...dude nothin' and roots look good! im just totally stumped. what the fuck am i missing?
Well buddy all I can tell you is what I've experienced. For the spider mites grab some mighty wash, it's perfectly safe and it actually works! Just be sure to spray EVERYTHING a few times and a couple days apart. I've had aphids before man, and I experienced the same noodle scratchers. Weird deficiencies all over the place, tore apart roots and inspected with a scope, and I never saw anything on my roots. I did however see tiny bugs crawling around in the bottoms of the pots, but you have to look very closely. IMO it's worth it to just go ahead and hit your VEG plants with IMID. Good luck buddy!

Bonzo

Veteran
Well buddy all I can tell you is what I've experienced. For the spider mites grab some mighty wash, it's perfectly safe and it actually works! Just be sure to spray EVERYTHING a few times and a couple days apart. I've had aphids before man, and I experienced the same noodle scratchers. Weird deficiencies all over the place, tore apart roots and inspected with a scope, and I never saw anything on my roots. I did however see tiny bugs crawling around in the bottoms of the pots, but you have to look very closely. IMO it's worth it to just go ahead and hit your VEG plants with IMID. Good luck buddy!

I hit em with IMID a week ago...and made a spray...im tellin' ya man...i am stumped...the floor dry top dress is keepin the fliers from burrowing as much...they still pop through the drain holes though

fuckin gnarly...

Bonzo

Veteran
memory lane:

this system was a hybrid top feed shallow water culture...insane growth rate:

Attachments

• ahybrid1.jpg
    ahybrid1.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 9
  • ahybrid3.jpg
    ahybrid3.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 9

Bonzo

Veteran
more memory lane...

same system

Attachments

• Ahybrida3.jpg
    Ahybrida3.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Ahybrida2.jpg
    Ahybrida2.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 8
  • Ahybrida1.jpg
    Ahybrida1.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Ahybrida.jpg
    Ahybrida.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 7
  • ahybrid8.jpg
    ahybrid8.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 12

Bonzo

Veteran
the finish :)

Attachments

• Ahybrida7.jpg
    Ahybrida7.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Ultimate%20ChemDawg%2008%20S1%20Harvest 01
    Ultimate%20ChemDawg%2008%20S1%20Harvest 01
    64 KB · Views: 23
  • Ahybrida5.jpg
    Ahybrida5.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Ahybrida4.jpg
    Ahybrida4.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 9

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bonzo...nice work bro...still on the road you gunna be in the 831 anytime after Nov 2 ...I haven't forgot about you......just wanted to say hello and hit me up brah!

Bonzo

Veteran
what it is brotha mega! :) i will see about settin' up a road trip...actually i might be street legel myself by then:woohoo:

thanks brovisaurus and stay in touch:woohoo:

Attachments

• shallow.jpg
    shallow.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 8

Bonzo

Veteran
the garden :)

Attachments

• garden5.jpg
    garden5.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 10
  • garden4.jpg
    garden4.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 6
  • garden3.jpg
    garden3.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 9
  • garden2.jpg
    garden2.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 12
  • garden1.jpg
    garden1.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 11

Bonzo

Veteran
Great buds, great plants and perfect waves :shark:
Cheers!:biggrin:

Absolutely everlast :) dude...you see how shallow that water is? MAYBE a foot...wouldnt wanna eat shit in that paradise....although it would be worth every unsanitary stitch! :woohoo:

so i got a question about the Bio Grow....this can be used as a stand alone 1 part grow at 1-0-6?

thanks fellas :)

Attachments

• BIO1.jpg
    BIO1.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 13
  • candy.jpg
    candy.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 8

Mister_D

Veteran
Yes it can be used as a stand alone veg nute. Just follow the recipe as I have outlined it for you. Thing you want to remember about biobizz is unlike most bottle organics, biobizz isn't completely broken down. This means there is actually more nutes in the bottle than listed on the label. If you want visual proof the recipe works check out sgapetti's grow here in the vert section ;). He just started growing not that long ago, followed my recipe and advice, and well look at his plants.....

Nice ass too btw :biggrin: