What's new

Bonzo BoUnCeS back...:)

silver hawaiian

Veteran
F*CK YES on the AB

But nobody ever said "AB ME ASAP"

Actually that flows quite well

As long as everyone ignores the "ASAP" part once they hand it to me - that's for sippin, not for ASAP'n.

_D, I think you're on to something.

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
everything is looking great over your way brotha! glad you pulled through with such style, and i cant wait to see future work :joint: peace pot and micro dot my friend

Bonzo

Veteran
WHAT IT DO MY BROTHAS!!?? I'M ALIVE!!:woohoo:

I been outa my mind busy...coulda lined things up a lil' differently...school is in session...13 units...GNARLY!

Anyhoo everything is trimmed and allmost totally dried...took 3 days to trim...im way out of practice...2 friends helped out...man its been a long time since ive processed a grow...i started out bringin' everything into the house...bad idea...moved and set everything up in the flower room...much better...

well...good news...no rot no mold anywhere:woohoo:

im a lil' bummed...all the lower stuff is larfy...and theres WAY too much of it...the tops are all pretty nice! however at this point its gettin' that HAY smell and losin' its OGRE smell...???...WTF IS WITH THAT?? happened to me 10 yrs ago when i built my and ran the Super Simple buckets...however...i put a bud in a baggie...was gonna take it to school...put it in my backpack...had to abort mission it reaked so bad! skunky ogre...so i dunno wtf is goin' on...

i will have some weights in a couple days:woohoo:

i have some veg updates and various other thingies to share as well...

thanks for droppin in my friends...

couple trimmin' pics...

will try to get some macros...or semi macros...

PPS ...last pic is gnat larvae...found after pullin' one outa the pot...

Attachments

• atrimming.jpg
    atrimming.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 9
  • atrimming4.jpg
    atrimming4.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 16
  • atrimming8.jpg
    atrimming8.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 9
  • atrimming7.jpg
    atrimming7.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 13
  • alarvae.jpg
    alarvae.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 15

Bonzo

Veteran
the glove pic is day 3...larf day...and yes...thats a Trim Pro thingie...worked pretty good...all the good stuff done by hand :)

Have to share shitty pic of new friend in veg room...Mrs Mantis! :)

and Pippy....all grown up :D

Attachments

• PIPPY.jpg
    PIPPY.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 10
  • amantis.jpg
    amantis.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 11

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nothin like a marathon trim sesh to get you pumped... hahah I fucking hate trimming. Looks like a pretty nice haul tho bonz.

Mister_D

Veteran
Congrats on the harvest bro, looks good from over here :biggrin:. As for the hay smell, not sure what to tell ya on that. Only time I can remember getting a hay smell I had buds sitting in a tote while I was trimming them. The ones towards the bottom had the hay smell by the time I got to them, but smells returned to normal after a hang dry and a week of burping. This is why I always take the whole plant to my trim station and do one branch at a time. Once I have about a dry qp's worth of wet buds, I pause the trim and go hang them to dry.

And seriously bro, first it was maximum bitchin air flow, then the orge colas, now i'm jealous of your mantis...... :moon:. Nawt really, but those are really cool. I've thought pretty hard about getting one, but then the spiders in my room would likely go hungry, or turn into food :laughing:. Btw, might have to borrow pippy for a few hours. I got thing for sexy red heads hehehe :biggrin:

Oh ya and larf is just a reminder to be more aggressive with trimming next round ;). Or more hash......

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
that issue with the hay smell is something that can be very hit and miss... once the colas are dry enough that i can snap the stem i usually paper bag them for a half a day or so than open the bags up and toss the buds if you will.... once the moisture levels in the colas is where i want it, thats when it goes into sealed containers and burped...

im sure once things are said and done there shouldnt be any hay smell involved.

Glad your harvest is in! best of luck with the school and next round, ill be rootin for you :joint:

CannabisTHC

I concur with these guys, that hay smell should go away after some time in jars unless they were too wet for too long and they dried out long after harvest.

Congrats on the harvest and good to see you around IC still buddy, I used to talk to you on the bay in chat years ago and you used to post in my threads back in 04-05' on here with my other handle. See ya around, enjoy the buds.

GIS

:woohoo:

How does the timpro thing work? I've been curious about the machine trimmers (even though they are way overkill and over budget for me), but I've been curious. Besides tearing down for security reasons, etc... trimming is my least favorite part of growing for sure.

Have you decided if going back to horizontal? Do you think that vertical helped your yields/quality this time round compared to past runs?

Is that Pippy as in pippy longstocking? Haha I remember that show, grown up she has.. damn. :biggrin:

Bonzo

Veteran
Nothin like a marathon trim sesh to get you pumped... hahah I fucking hate trimming. Looks like a pretty nice haul tho bonz.

howdy cob! trimming SUCKS ASS! glad i had a lil' help...

Congrats on the harvest bro, looks good from over here. As for the hay smell, not sure what to tell ya on that. Only time I can remember getting a hay smell I had buds sitting in a tote while I was trimming them. The ones towards the bottom had the hay smell by the time I got to them, but smells returned to normal after a hang dry and a week of burping. This is why I always take the whole plant to my trim station and do one branch at a time. Once I have about a dry qp's worth of wet buds, I pause the trim and go hang them to dry.

And seriously bro, first it was maximum bitchin air flow, then the orge colas, now i'm jealous of your mantis...... :moon:. Nawt really, but those are really cool. I've thought pretty hard about getting one, but then the spiders in my room would likely go hungry, or turn into food :laughing:. Btw, might have to borrow pippy for a few hours. I got thing for sexy red heads hehehe

Oh ya and larf is just a reminder to be more aggressive with trimming next round. Or more hash......

what it do D! the hay smell has gone...smell is good but not as i would like...however...friends who have some of her say their house REEKS of OGRE goodness!! so...maybe im just used to it...dude, i thought i lost Mrs Mantis...didnt see her for a few days...she was in with the mothers...was just checkin vegin' ogres and there she was!! awesome!

that issue with the hay smell is something that can be very hit and miss... once the colas are dry enough that i can snap the stem i usually paper bag them for a half a day or so than open the bags up and toss the buds if you will.... once the moisture levels in the colas is where i want it, thats when it goes into sealed containers and burped...

im sure once things are said and done there shouldnt be any hay smell involved.

Glad your harvest is in! best of luck with the school and next round, ill be rootin for you

brotha DB! nail on the head dude...thats exactly what i did...its really dry where i am so the buds started to get too dry too fast hangin so i popped em in paper bags to slow the process a bit...came out pretty good...

I concur with these guys, that hay smell should go away after some time in jars unless they were too wet for too long and they dried out long after harvest.

Congrats on the harvest and good to see you around IC still buddy, I used to talk to you on the bay in chat years ago and you used to post in my threads back in 04-05' on here with my other handle. See ya around, enjoy the buds.

howdy cannabisTHC! i had alot a fun chattin' at the bay! good to see you!

Kept trying to look for the mantis...got distracted though heh heh

Nice haul :tiphat:

howdy 5th! distracted? Pippy!

:woohoo:

How does the timpro thing work? I've been curious about the machine trimmers (even though they are way overkill and over budget for me), but I've been curious. Besides tearing down for security reasons, etc... trimming is my least favorite part of growing for sure.

Have you decided if going back to horizontal? Do you think that vertical helped your yields/quality this time round compared to past runs?

Is that Pippy as in pippy longstocking? Haha I remember that show, grown up she has.. damn. :biggrin:

what it do shorts! the trim pro was great for the smaller stuff, kinda airy lower stuff...i wouldnt use it on the choice nugs, kinda shreds em...doin the smaller buds i was left with alot of fine laftovers for butter...alot...seemed like way too much to me...i dont plan on needing one next time...less small airy stuff

well...i havnt decided yet...i'm still goin back and forth with next setup...i really dont know what i would compare it to?

lets have a look at the numbers shall we?

final numbers are 1952 grams give or take...that works out to 4.3 lbs...2 of that being big solid top shelfers...the rest smaller "grinders" that i did in the trimpro...still very nice but not as apealling...overall that works out to 1.45 per light...HOWEVER...i started with 4 lights...midway lost one and finished with 3 so...whatever that is..

these numbers are pretty low and easily attainable horizontally...however...i ran 21 plants...i feel if plant numbers were doubled and better canopy control was executed (backs hacked out) and suckers trimmed...yields could be easily increased to? I have thought about a third shelf and 60 plants but i didnt like the way the tops above the light came out...not only were they above the light but furthest away as well cause of the "V" of the stadium...i think the best way to run vert is stacked racks or donuts...

what i have veging is gonna have alot to do with how i roll next run...(next post)

i wanna thank all the homies that contributed and showed some love on this thread...its been a long time and i needed alot of help and there was never a shortage advice knowledge and wisdom...

THANK YOU MY BROTHAS!!!

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
No way, THANK YOU! Wonderful read and the things I learned along the way here... good job indeedy!

Bonzo

Veteran
No way, THANK YOU! Wonderful read and the things I learned along the way here... good job indeedy!

Howdy Payaso!! :woohoo: good to see you here...thanks my friend, that means alot! :)

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo! :)

Awesome dude! 4 lbs, sounds like you will be living happy for a bit!

Good show, I'm mready for round 2!!!

howdy do MH! :) thanks my brotha! update soon on whats goin' down with the second round! :woohoo:

Bonzo

Veteran
Your sunflower allways makes me smile Payaso! :)

ogre veg:

Attachments

• AAOGRE.jpg
    AAOGRE.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 6
  • AAOGRE1.jpg
    AAOGRE1.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 10
  • AAOGRE2.jpg
    AAOGRE2.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 10
  • AAOGRE3.jpg
    AAOGRE3.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 9
  • AAOGRE5.jpg
    AAOGRE5.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 9

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Your ability to grow great buds always makes me smile... :)

Chanting daily!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!