What's new

Bonzo BoUnCeS back...:)

D

DHF

Just made a post in Vert on the frequency of feed schedules for coco Bonzorooni.....boils down to what Mr D`s screamin bout the "size" container and density of medium , versus the mixed aerated porous medium as to whether more or less feeds are needed per day.....Meaning....

Smaller containers need fed more frequently to keep constant O2 in the rootzone while washin potential residual salts through the medium ftw as HGO and Bobbles roll with.....

Dripclean is your friend @ 1 ml per gal and greatly reduces/all but does away with the amount of runoff needed for dialed results , and I ran #5 smartpots fed once a day through end of stretch , and then twice per day till end of cycle with increased plant numbers and consistent results....so....

It`s all about trial and error that makes yo bitches stand up at attention and swell their lil asses off , and you`ll find out sooner than later if I know you my buddy....

Handle it and hope harvey`s WAAAAAY good to yas for your cherry poppin gettin back ta bidness first run in a while.....

Holler if I can help , but looks like yas got all the heavy hitters here , so I`ll be over here on my bucket waitin fer dialage....

Peace....Freds....:ying:.....

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
VERY nice bonz... You planning on tossing up any trellis? If knew jack shit about vert I might have a decent question or comment... But nothing wrong with plaid ass and knee highs!

Mister_D

Veteran
Bonz - When I switch to flower nutes from grow nutes really depends on what nutes i'm using, and how long a plant flowers. For example if I was using the general organics the way they were meant to be used (I mixed grow and bloom throughout the cycle to acheive h3ad's ratio) I would have fed grow til about 2-3 weeks (end of stretch) into the cycle to encourage a healthy stretch and keep them green. Then switch to the bloom as it still has a decent amount of N in it. However this round i'm using pure blend pro. Because the bloom (soil/coco formula) has very little N in it I would continue with the grow nutes until around week 4-6 (depending on flower time) then switch to bloom. Basicly timing for changing from grow to bloom is based off nute ratio offered by the ferts i'm using as well as flowering time of the strain being grown. Tell ya what i'll go look up these x line nutes and report back with my thoughts on when to switch over. You'll have to dial when exactly is the best time for your strain, but I should be able to get you pretty close to an ideal target. Your orgre plant is an 8 weeker right?

Mister_D

Veteran
OK didn't realize x nutrients are a 3 part. What I would do is just use micro and bloom. You could use grow also if you want, but it isn't really needed. If you want i'll work up a feed schedule for veg and bloom. At any rate the bloom has a similar profile to PBP bloom mentioned in my last post so strategy will be similiar. Assuming your orgre is an 8 weeker what you will want to do around week 4 is begin to taper off the micro and add more bloom to make up for the lost EC. Something like 25% micro 75% bloom for week 4, then 100% bloom during week 5, flush week 6-8, harvest. Adjustment will need to be made based on strains needs (some plants are more or less N hungry so micro may need to be higher or cut down sooner). No matter what mix you are using always keep your EC at 1.5 or 750ppm @ .5 scale

Plants look beautifull BTW :good:

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
damn bro things have really progressed your way! the stadium is looking fucking fantastic! throw me a message later we should chat it up if you have a few minutes... all the best brotha, peace pot and micro dot! :joint:

Bonzo

Veteran
Just made a post in Vert on the frequency of feed schedules for coco Bonzorooni.....boils down to what Mr D`s screamin bout the "size" container and density of medium , versus the mixed aerated porous medium as to whether more or less feeds are needed per day.....Meaning....

Smaller containers need fed more frequently to keep constant O2 in the rootzone while washin potential residual salts through the medium ftw as HGO and Bobbles roll with.....

Dripclean is your friend @ 1 ml per gal and greatly reduces/all but does away with the amount of runoff needed for dialed results , and I ran #5 smartpots fed once a day through end of stretch , and then twice per day till end of cycle with increased plant numbers and consistent results....so....

It`s all about trial and error that makes yo bitches stand up at attention and swell their lil asses off , and you`ll find out sooner than later if I know you my buddy....

Handle it and hope harvey`s WAAAAAY good to yas for your cherry poppin gettin back ta bidness first run in a while.....

Holler if I can help , but looks like yas got all the heavy hitters here , so I`ll be over here on my bucket waitin fer dialage....

Peace....Freds....:ying:.....

howdy fred! if i continue to run the stadium im thinkin' higher plant #'s smaller pots....automated feed...either drip/line fed or blumats...gotta see how me and the blumats get along first... for this run i think ive settled on hand watering with a pump and hose out of a barrel of nutes....my mind keeps going to stacked 600's and....well you know...:D

VERY nice bonz... You planning on tossing up any trellis? If knew jack shit about vert I might have a decent question or comment... But nothing wrong with plaid ass and knee highs!

what it do cob! OGRE is a really sturdy girl but i think i will run a trellis for keepin' em in line and just in case...those knee highs look hot but im actually more partiall to striped thigh highs!

looking good in here! props!!!

howdy Adrift dude! thank u very much! gonna flower one of these days soon!

OK didn't realize x nutrients are a 3 part. What I would do is just use micro and bloom. You could use grow also if you want, but it isn't really needed. If you want i'll work up a feed schedule for veg and bloom. At any rate the bloom has a similar profile to PBP bloom mentioned in my last post so strategy will be similiar. Assuming your orgre is an 8 weeker what you will want to do around week 4 is begin to taper off the micro and add more bloom to make up for the lost EC. Something like 25% micro 75% bloom for week 4, then 100% bloom during week 5, flush week 6-8, harvest. Adjustment will need to be made based on strains needs (some plants are more or less N hungry so micro may need to be higher or cut down sooner). No matter what mix you are using always keep your EC at 1.5 or 750ppm @ .5 scale

Plants look beautifull BTW :good:

well ill tell ya D....technically they are a 3 pt but for only one week in transition are all 3 used....basically in veg its grow & micro...bloom is bloom & micro...additives are amino blast and bloom FX...the young veggers love it....however dont know if i'll be usin it....if i dont/cant im thinkin' about heads 6/9 coco deal...if my hydro store will front me the juice! we'll see...thanks dude!!

damn bro things have really progressed your way! the stadium is looking fucking fantastic! throw me a message later we should chat it up if you have a few minutes... all the best brotha, peace pot and micro dot! :joint:

brotha DB dude! hows the beach bro? thanks dude!...yes...me must chat indeed! :D

so im pretty sure im going to have to eliminate the lowest/first shelf and put that row on the floor in saucers....even if they only stretch a foot....its needed...all good...i will get some better stadium pics tomorrow...need input!

P.S. 5 SMILEYS PER PAGE REALLY BUMS ME OUT!!

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
does'nt get much better than this D! :D

HGO DUDE! howdy my friend! :) things are goin' pretty good....ran into a couple lil' bumps in the road but damn its been a long time so all things considered im pretty stoked so far! I just watered em and i think its time to flip em'....i'm still thinkin' about a feed system...the corrugated fiberglass is workin' great for drainage....one thing i dont see with a feed system is watering schedules....i mean i am watering about every other day...they seem to like it...they stay pretty heavy at that rate...i dunno....first time in coco so...im thinkin' i may have to put the first row on the floor and lower the second rows....in that case i would definitly stick to hand watering...set up a barrel with a pump and hose...we'll see....glad your here dude! your thread is gonna be awesome....figurin' out whats what...:D

Nice one Bonzo, your plants are looking beautiful! I'm sure you have officially got the bug back again, I know I would if I was in your shoes hehe. Your really taking care of business in here and things can only get better as you dial your system but knowing you from reading your 'freedom for bonz' thread back in the day I know that you like to mix it up and don't do the same thing twice so what do ya think you'll be doing for the next grow? Will you continue with the stadium or go onto something else? I reckon you should stick with the stadium and dial her into a fine working machine but that's just me lol whatever you end up doing, I'll be here :thumbsup:

Bonzo - Many ways to skin a cat my friend. Coco is very versatile in how it can be treated, and watering it seems to be a highly debated subject. If you are watering every other day and things are staying pretty heavy I'd say your pots are too big relative to plant size to be watering everyday DTW. Unless you use massive runoff to ensure enough o2 exchange. Two things you can do if DTW is your goal 1. use smaller pots and 2. switch to a chow mix or similar for better drainage. HGO's method works so well because of the added hydrotron. Neither of those options are a good fit for this grow, but something to think about for next round. What I recommend you do this round is water with the same amount of water you are using now, just break it down into smaller feedings more often. For example if you are feeding each plant a quart of nutes every other day, feed each plant half a quart everyday. Or if you go to a drip system, time feeds so each plant gets a 1/4 quart twice a day. Glad you are digging the corrugated plastic ;), love that stuff myself.

^^^Good post as usual MrD, hitting the nail on the head with all that advise. I'm not sure if thy hydroton in my medium has a major effect, I only use about a half inch at the base to assist in drainage and just a layer on top to limit evaporation. I think the constant feeds with fresh nutes and the extra 02 is the major factor. Everyone has their own style, if watering ever other day is doing you good then keep at it bonzo but sometime try out the multifeeds and see how ya go with it, I've put a few people onto it and they have never looked back.

Just when were talking about pot size being relative to feeding, I think it all comes down to root mass, I made a post about this last night in the vert forum. If you have a good strong developed root system then your plant will suck down everything that you throw at it, if you have a plant in a pot that is too big for the root system then it is possible to over water, even in coco! The key is to grow your roots first, then your plants. Start off feeding every other day to the roots fill the pot then move onto more frequent feeding, I like to feed 3x/day in veg and 5x/per day after flower stretch, but for the first week +/- I water every other day so the roots can fill out the pot.

HGO

Mister_D

Veteran
Bonz - Just a thought, but i'd be willing to bet you could recreate h3ad's ratio with the x line ;). Let me know if thats the route you want to go and i'll play with the numbers. Would save you a lil bit of money :biggrin:. Remember nutes are nutes doesn't matter what's on the label it's all NPK. What makes the difference is the ratio they are applied.

Bonzo

Veteran
Nice one Bonzo, your plants are looking beautiful! I'm sure you have officially got the bug back again, I know I would if I was in your shoes hehe. Your really taking care of business in here and things can only get better as you dial your system but knowing you from reading your 'freedom for bonz' thread back in the day I know that you like to mix it up and don't do the same thing twice so what do ya think you'll be doing for the next grow? Will you continue with the stadium or go onto something else? I reckon you should stick with the stadium and dial her into a fine working machine but that's just me lol whatever you end up doing, I'll be here :thumbsup:

thanks HGO! :) oh ive got the bug dude...for sure...ya know you hit the nail on the head here...i was allways 'mixin' it up' and lookin' back i shoulda slowed down a bit...i went from system to system without gettin' em' as dialed as i could so...this time im gonna stick with the stadium for a few runs....maybe changing plant numbers and feed methods...but thats it...my objective is a lil' different nowadays...however! i do have more room here and i plan to play with a couple ideas while the stadium does its thing...i cant help it...half the fun for me is biuldin' and experimenting with different ways to do what we do...and i love playin' in the water! so...we'll see...:D

^^^Good post as usual MrD, hitting the nail on the head with all that advise. I'm not sure if thy hydroton in my medium has a major effect, I only use about a half inch at the base to assist in drainage and just a layer on top to limit evaporation. I think the constant feeds with fresh nutes and the extra 02 is the major factor. Everyone has their own style, if watering ever other day is doing you good then keep at it bonzo but sometime try out the multifeeds and see how ya go with it, I've put a few people onto it and they have never looked back.

Just when were talking about pot size being relative to feeding, I think it all comes down to root mass, I made a post about this last night in the vert forum. If you have a good strong developed root system then your plant will suck down everything that you throw at it, if you have a plant in a pot that is too big for the root system then it is possible to over water, even in coco! The key is to grow your roots first, then your plants. Start off feeding every other day to the roots fill the pot then move onto more frequent feeding, I like to feed 3x/day in veg and 5x/per day after flower stretch, but for the first week +/- I water every other day so the roots can fill out the pot.

HGO

I think next run will probably be more plants smaller pots...i dont like the pots im usin' now...they were a buck apiece...what can i say? next run i should be able to afford smart pots or air pots or? seems to me the ogre were happiest when the roots had just filled the 1 gallon bags...your mult feed per day dtw makes sense to me....and i gotta get automated...not really diggin' the hand watering...

Bonz - Just a thought, but i'd be willing to bet you could recreate h3ad's ratio with the x line ;). Let me know if thats the route you want to go and i'll play with the numbers. Would save you a lil bit of money :biggrin:. Remember nutes are nutes doesn't matter what's on the label it's all NPK. What makes the difference is the ratio they are applied.

ya know D i thought of heads 6/9 for the ease and price...and a friend of mine runs it and kills it with it but...i wasnt sure if i was gonna be able to keep the nutes or not...found out today that i will be able to use them for this run so...have you looked at the profiles of them? i can put em up if you like...i have the Amino blast and the Bloom FX...along with the base grow/bloom/micro...

Ya know i been frustrated with this run...plants have been up and down all the way and ive been tryin' to get em perfect throughout...not gonna happen...and the longer i try and get em perfect the bigger they are getting...this is nothin' new for me...been here before but made the mistake of continuing to try and get em perfect and next thing ya know their way to big....overgrowing my room in flower so...tomorrow i rearrange the stadium and flip...i know i said that yesterday but...im a lil' nuts soo...tomorrow...

i also fully realize im a much better system biulder than grower and thats okay and thats why im so gratefull for EVERYONES input here....i dont think i could pull it off without all ya'll!

so i have 21 plants roughly this size...and 2 moms...one of which is the healthiest of all just doin' her thing in fresh Ocean Forrest...

the one on the left...not as healthy as i would like...on the right, much healthier...most look like the one on the right...i just gotta flip em'...i will drive myself insane obsessing on perfection...i just see so many very very healthy plants here...its frustrating...

:thank you:

Attachments

• a12.jpg
    a12.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 8

Bonzo

Veteran
oops, somehow my reply got stuck in your quote HGO...you see it? :D too tired to figure out how to move it or re type...

Mister_D

Veteran
I'm not the person to ask about bloom boosters. They have never been anything but trouble for me. More importantly NPK is NPK regardless of source (just use your bloom to up PK, why pay extra for something you already have?). It's the ratio that is important. Beside heath never uses a PK booster and his results speak for themselves. There is a reason for slowly replacing N with more PK while maintaining 1.5 EC in flower ;). On the other hand using h3ad's ratio all the way through works great also. Many ways to skin a cat. Havn't seen anything that convinced me aminos etc were worth the added cost. Though to be fair I havn't spent much time looking into them, and they don't seem to hurt anything.

As for the X line I stand corrected, it is designed so you will need all three parts. I did go ahead and whip up coco friendly recipes for veg and flower.

Veg
Micro - 10ml per US. gal
Grow - 7.5ml per US. gal

N - 119
P - 18 P looks low but I assure you with PH down being added you will have plenty ;)
K - 119

Bloom

Micro - 7.5ml per US gal.
Bloom - 7.5-10ml per US gal.

@ 7.5ml Bloom
N - 89
P - 53
K - 112

@ 10ml Bloom
N - 97
P - 70
K - 142

Mister_D

Veteran
Bonz - I just explained this in another thread so i'll quote myself.

Do a google search for "cannastats calculator". click on the cannastats homepage link, scroll to the bottom and click downloads. On that page is "premixppm", download it and read the instructions. Basically you can input the guaranteed analysis, and weight for any fertilizer (up to 7 at once). Then you input the amounts used in ml per gal for each nute, and the program spits out an NPK profile.

If you have any problems understanding how to use the program just let me know. It's really quite simple once you know what you are doing, but alot of people, myself included, have/had a hard time figuring it out at first.

Bonzo

Veteran
I will check it out...im thinkin' lights on from 8pm to 8am...what are your preferred lights on hours D? im thinkin' of heat and peak usage hours...

the Aminos came with the nutes so i figure i'll give em a whirl eh?

Mister_D

Veteran
I like 10 to 10 myself. Find it's usually a bit cooler later on at night and into the mourning. I like a sealed room even more, because I never have to think about what the temp is outside. It's perfect in the room 24/7, 365 ;). Never worried about peak hours. I just try to be as energy efficent as possible, but never at the cost of enviroment. Give those aminos a whirl, never know they might do something worthwhile. I ordered the sample pack from H&G also, might play with the aminos at some point myself. Bought some GH rapidstart just so I can side by side it with roots excellerator :biggrin:. Few peeps said the rapidstart is just as good and alot cheaper, I intend to find out for myself.

Mountain High

Veteran
Hell ya Bonz, I'm a fan of 8-8 just because I like to leave time to check on them when they come on and check on them in the morning before I leave the house. Just works good with my schedule.

Nice work on the canna stats D. 7.5/ 10 Micro/Bloom looks the best IMO. Close to what I have run and am currently running now with PBP. How much Calcium and Magnesium is in the base nutes?

I bet those lil ladies perk right up when they get the extra beauty sleep in 12/12.
Flower time Bonzo!!! Can we get a woo hoo?!!!

Mister_D

Veteran
Mountain - The micro has 5% calcium, no mag. Grow contains no calcium, but 1% mag. Bloom has no calcium either and 0.8% mag. Once mixed at 7.5ml micro + 10ml bloom you end up with cal @ 99ppm and mag @ 21ppm

GIS

Hey Bonz :)

i also fully realize im a much better system biulder than grower

Gonna have to go ahead and beg to differ on this.. as someone who has seen your grows and how good they turn out, you kick ass at both. :tiphat: I think any new system/medium and nutrients has a little bit of a learning curve. Like you said no better place to be than here with all these awesome growers to give you their input and advice.

The knowledge of IC saved my ass.. was trying to use GH as labeled on the bottle with coco.. kept killing everything in late veg, early flower. So to me the gratefulhead formula is like Jesus.. it saved me. So I have become somewhat of a coco/gratefulhead formula evangelist. Would have saved me lots of trouble.. ignorance can be painful sometimes.. and expensive.

I did lots of experimenting and detailed observation of RO gratefulhead formula, and tap water. And I have the shittiest tap water you can get pretty much. No difference. Other than the PH being more in the correct range and stable with tap water. It saves me so much time/hassle/money, that I can't help but pass this bit of unconventional, and sometimes controversial opinion here once again. :biggrin:

Are you going to get blumats? If they weren't so darn expensive, I would do it. I am a huge fan of no runoff watering. It makes things so much easier not dealing with drainage, and the plants roots love it. It also keeps humidity down not having a bunch of water evaporating from trays, etc. I've found that hand watering works great.. and if you have the energy you could water before lights go on and after lights off.. to get a sort of multi feeding. I just do 24 hours out of ease. I think blumats are where it's at.. each plant given what it needs, sort of like plant communism, can't get any better than that! :woohoo:

Just wanted to stop in and say hi. Subscribed and watching, and like mcdonalds, I'm lovin' it! :woohoo:

Bonzo

Veteran
I like 10 to 10 myself. Find it's usually a bit cooler later on at night and into the mourning. I like a sealed room even more, because I never have to think about what the temp is outside. It's perfect in the room 24/7, 365. Never worried about peak hours. I just try to be as energy efficent as possible, but never at the cost of enviroment. Give those aminos a whirl, never know they might do something worthwhile. I ordered the sample pack from H&G also, might play with the aminos at some point myself. Bought some GH rapidstart just so I can side by side it with roots excellerator . Few peeps said the rapidstart is just as good and alot cheaper, I intend to find out for myself.

i think 8 to 8 works best for my schedule...i like the sound of the GH Rapidstart...keep us informed how it performs... the Aminos are X nute brand....got a whole gallon of it...thanks dude!!! are you MAXIMUM BITCHEN yet? :D

Hell ya Bonz, I'm a fan of 8-8 just because I like to leave time to check on them when they come on and check on them in the morning before I leave the house. Just works good with my schedule.

Nice work on the canna stats D. 7.5/ 10 Micro/Bloom looks the best IMO. Close to what I have run and am currently running now with PBP. How much Calcium and Magnesium is in the base nutes?

I bet those lil ladies perk right up when they get the extra beauty sleep in 12/12.
Flower time Bonzo!!! Can we get a woo hoo?!!!

:woohoo: indeed MH! i hope they do perk up a bit....but their allready pretty perky...i just nit pick i guess...FLOWER TIME INDEED:woohoo:

Hey Bonz

Gonna have to go ahead and beg to differ on this.. as someone who has seen your grows and how good they turn out, you kick ass at both. :tiphat: I think any new system/medium and nutrients has a little bit of a learning curve. Like you said no better place to be than here with all these awesome growers to give you their input and advice.

The knowledge of IC saved my ass.. was trying to use GH as labeled on the bottle with coco.. kept killing everything in late veg, early flower. So to me the gratefulhead formula is like Jesus.. it saved me. So I have become somewhat of a coco/gratefulhead formula evangelist. Would have saved me lots of trouble.. ignorance can be painful sometimes.. and expensive.

I did lots of experimenting and detailed observation of RO gratefulhead formula, and tap water. And I have the shittiest tap water you can get pretty much. No difference. Other than the PH being more in the correct range and stable with tap water. It saves me so much time/hassle/money, that I can't help but pass this bit of unconventional, and sometimes controversial opinion here once again.

Are you going to get blumats? If they weren't so darn expensive, I would do it. I am a huge fan of no runoff watering. It makes things so much easier not dealing with drainage, and the plants roots love it. It also keeps humidity down not having a bunch of water evaporating from trays, etc. I've found that hand watering works great.. and if you have the energy you could water before lights go on and after lights off.. to get a sort of multi feeding. I just do 24 hours out of ease. I think blumats are where it's at.. each plant given what it needs, sort of like plant communism, can't get any better than that!

Just wanted to stop in and say hi. Subscribed and watching, and like mcdonalds, I'm lovin' it!

Well thank you Shorts! :thank you: and your input is allways valued! im startin' to think (cause my memory is a little fried) that OGRE is a total nute HOG!....good thing is that it seems the roots have taken to thier new home....drinkin' alot more....thats a good thing...just for fun i made a batch of X nutes Grow and fed 2 of em'...no noticeable difference yet...dude...i will be hookin' up and givin' the blumats a whirl here soon...i have a 12 pack...

i am way interested and will be givin' the 6/9 a try...what is your exact mix dude...if you dont mind...

ive spotted a couple gnats here and there....Gnatrol? what are ya'll usin' these days? i think the SM90 has prolly kept them to a minimum...

really need to get a cord for my cam....this thread needs mo betta pics!

P.S. once again im really irritated by the limit on smileys...:( i like smileys....i think they make us all happier...

Latest posts

Latest posts