What's new

Boink's Benevolent Brouhaha

Boink

Welcome to my new thread! I will be covering moving into a new flower room as well as continuing my old thread named Yngwie's House of Blues.

The new room will be a 10 x 6 x 8 foot flower space and an approx 4 x 4 space for grow, along with a T5 cab that I use for my clones. In flower room I'll have an 1000w hps along with a 600w hps both aircooled. The grow space uses a 430w son agro. For ventilation I will be using an inline series with co2 enrichment. For cooling during the summer I have a portable 8000 btu AC but I may move to a window unit??

My genetics are the same. Arcata TW, UK Cheese, KKSC, Jack Herer, Afghani and of course the SDv3. Got a crap load of beans and will be popping some soon. ( BOG's sour bubble, thx BOG whereever you are hehehehe) and some of Hills collection.

Lots of work to do, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. (Anybody live close to my park bench so they help lol). I will be continuing my other grow until room is completely finished.

Just a quick pic of the new digs and then more pics to follow in the near future. The V3 is 2 weeks from harvest and is getting a good flush. Pics coming.

As you can see there is work to be done. Carpet coming up, window to be addressed and framing to be done. Anybody need a kegerator? Most of my new equipment is here and ready so the funs about to begin. Thanks all for stopping by.

Last edited:

ogrefugee

Official Tree Taster
Veteran
I'll take the kegorator if you wanna give it away (and pay postage if your not in the NE US)

G

I will pull up a chair for this one too! I got :lurk: and a little :joint: lets have a party :)
Good luck with the new room!
~neilspotshop

Boink

I see some old faces and some new!

Maj Wouldn't have felt right without you. Thanks for pullin on up. I'll be checking up on yours too.

ogrefugee The shipping wouldn't work out but your welcome to come by and have a few.

neil Yes, another face I respect. Glad your hear with your rockin grow too.

HH Damn Bro! It's great to see you. Inspired...hard not to be. Got you a seat with lots of leg room for the flight. Happy New Year back at you and your family. Peace

SDv3 with about 2 weeks to go already in flush.

The next batch

Some new stuff!!!!!

be·nev·o·lent 1. characterized by or expressing goodwill or kindly feelings: a benevolent attitude; her benevolent smile.

brou·ha·ha 1. excited public interest, discussion, or the like, as the clamor attending some sensational event; hullabaloo:

Germanator

Wish I had taken pics of my build, watching every step is going to be interesting...time to fire up some Jack Herer and take a seat.

Germ

fireman

Looks like there will be something nice coming out of this room cant wait to see it. Im starting my new room as well good luck with everything i will definitely be following

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Woooohooooo nothing like an inspired stoner :) Great to see your enthusiasm Boink. Your good vibes have got me going already. Been doing some renovations to the indoor over this way too. Make them all happy for xmas then go buy what you want :) heheh. Ill be watchin over this way. Let me know if theres anyway I can help :)

Teresa

Tree Grower
Veteran
:wave: think i smelled some :lurk: :yummy: .Will you be useing the whole room :chin: .Wishing you and your's all the best in 07 my :friends: :wink: .

Boink

Happy Saturday to all!!! Damn it's good to be alive! :woohoo:

Germanator glad to have ya. Things should be progressing soon. You got it going on too. Props

fireman Yes hopefully there will be many nice things for years to come. Thx for stopping in.

Babbabud What can I say my friend. It's inspiring to be inspired by those who I respect so much. I indeed need help lol. I can grow ok but construction.....someday you'll have to ask Mrs Boink about a shelve I tried to put up for her when we were dating. :pointlaug She does respect my cooking though hehehe.

Teresa it is so good to see you! I love your grow, great skills, big props! Please make yourself at home. Yes, I hope to be using most of the space. Any ideas? Me Casa to Casa.

Much of the construction (which I'm lame at) will begin soon. What I hope to accomplish is a perpetual grow, nothing lavish (in compliance) that will help me improve my skills and keep me supplied with meds. I appreciate any and all help. I have to address electricity (200 amp box, 15 amp breaker), I'm sure I need to change the breaker to a 20 in the room??? Ventilation I'll be drawing air from another room through the lights and back out into attic. Also drawing air for ventilation. (central air, plus portable in room). I plan on using co2 also. I want to frame inside room to make a seperate grow space and to make it light tight. As I stated in previous post. Then I'll use poly for the walls with zip strip lite tight doors. Hopefully I'll improve my construction skills as well but it might be a lost cause. :confused: :bat: :woohoo:

Germanator

i feel for you brother, when the concepts are coming together it is one of the most exiting times.Then once you put on the gloves and bring out the tools you start to realize why so few people grow! We are all a special breed on here...those light tight zips will do you just fine for seperating your space, at least they worked fine for me.

Best of luck in constructing this room.

Question, what type of beer did you have in that keg fridge?

Germ

Last edited:

Boink

Hey Germ it is exciting times, slow going though. I usually have something from a micro brewery. The last was called Down Town Brown, from a micro in Eureka. Very tastey stuff although I can't drink to much anymore due to health issues.

I've decided I need at least one more 1000w hps. That will give me 2 1k's and a 600w for flower. I'm thinking about dividing the flower room..... :chin: This week framing gets done and hopefully electric issues can get resolved. Mrs Boink doesn't know it yet but the carpets coming up too. :bat: My second 1k will be picked up also this week. What am I missing, oh ventilation yikes I dreed this the most. I hate working in small spaces.....spiders..... :pointlaug

O

OHenry

That room is gonna be jammin soon! Maybe I'll to to come out again soon!

Oh

Germanator

Assuming you own the house...Venting should be tedious (going into the attick), but once that is done the fun begins. It would be interesting to seperate "the room" into two spaces. One for sativa, the other for indica? Can'y wait to see it take form.

Micro brews are the way to go. I have wanted a keg fridge for a while now...but the idea of coming home to fresh German beer on tap might be a dangerous thing. Hope your health issues don't keep you from enjoying a cold one during the play-offs.

germ

-What are you going to run the 1st round?

Boink

Hi OHenry, glad you stopped by. Jammin man, yes!

Germ was up? I have v3, KKSC, UK Cheese, TW and Jack Herer. I'm planning a run of the v3 and KKSC I think. Hope to be getting OG Kush and C99 in the near future.

Well, I'm under construction today with a help from yellowsnow, coffee and TW. Not necessarily in that order. Peace

Boink

Mr OHenry greetings and salutations.

Ok updates, yes I have updates. First update my skills as a handy man still suck. But I think I've proven that anyone can muddle through this process.

Lets get down to it. First off I decided to down grade the size of the room. I decided for several inportant reasons that 2000k flower was plenty for me. With that in mind I wanted to make that space as efficent as possible. I ended up with two seperate flower rooms each with 1000k. Each measuring aprox. 5 x 4 x 8 thus giving me 50 watts per sq ft. I was surprised to see what I can get into that space. :yoinks: It will be plenty for sure. The rooms are both sealed with 1 room being complete and in use already. I am cooling both hoods with a kickass Eclipse 6" inline with 630 cfm. I'm just blown away by this fan. I haven't seen a 6" that can touch it. Thank you Sweden! I turned it on before I was ready and nearly sucked in the walls. I also run a 800 cfm solar gable fan to vent the attic where I'm getting the air to cool the hoods. For cooling during the summer months in Siberia I rerouted a central a/c duct into one of the rooms that is circulated between the rooms by two dayton blowers. Also if needed I have a 8000 btu portable. Coming very soon co2 enrichment. Let see what am I missing. Learned a couple things during the process. 1. Thank you Simson Ties!!!!! 2. I'll never use a hole saw again. Dremel baby all the way! 3. Next time have my mess cleaned up before Mrs Boink gets home. :kissass: Here are a few pics.

Before

During

SD v3 that's being harvested tomorrow.

In flower as of a day ago. TW, v3, KKSC, Cheese, Jack Herer and Afghani. Yes, I know the canopy is not going to be even. Next run I'll be much more prepared. Second room will see KKSC and v3 in about 1 month. Clones are in cloner now for that. Till next time...........

Last edited: