What's new

Bogus Vape Cartridges Linked to Outbreak of Pulmonary Problems, Hospitalizations

ronbo51

Veteran
Oh, by the way you worthless asshole, we fired 25 girls on Monday. /QUOTE]

So you have a female only hiring policy? You deserve to go out of business for your sexist working practices :moon:

so, I let this obnoxious response stand for a while, resisting the temptation to call you a fucking idiot for being so stupid and shallow for taking a serious topic that affects everyone here at icmag, as well as all the folks that vape both thc and nicotine, and turning it into a personal attack on a subject you know nothing about.

Let me buy you a clue. Not that you can make sense of it.

My daughter and her husband started our company with financial help from me. He smoked 3 packs a day and was in trouble. We bought him an ecig and from that moment on he never smoked again. We started out selling in our hair salon and grew until we opened our first stand alone store. From there we grew into a 20 store chain with 75,000 unique customers. Average age of users is 34.

My daughter does all the hiring. We had almost a hundred employees. We were offering health insurance, vacations, flexible hours, very friendly to our staff, very well paid.

She was a single mother when she started out and has a special affinity for other singlemoms, young struggling women who need a break. We have bought cars, houses, apartments, bailed people out of jail, fronted them lawyer money to escape bad marriages, abusive boyfriends, whatever. We gave out 80K in bonuses last year, spent 20K on a great Christmas party. All our employees are like family. Putting guys in the stores with all the girls doesn't work. The dynamics get out of whack. When we hire guys we put them in the warehouse.

So in essence, on the most serious topic to hit the weed and vape world in a long time, and in my attempt to show how unfair and wrong it is to attack us in the nicotine side of things, you chose to be a petty loser who has added absolutely nothing to the converstion other than confirming any suspicion that you are an asshole

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I recognize that this is a difficult topic to assimilate - since probably all of us have vaped and smoked most of our lives -

Lets not let the thread become the home of ad hominem attacks against those that have made a business out of it - and now have to face such a loss -

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
CBS is going after the grey market in Cali......the way they tell it all the product they tested where dirty

It’s the fungicide Myclobutanil that turns into Hydrogen Cyanide when heated.

Some people are still spraying moldy flowers in an attempt to save them, then the Myclobutanil is extracted along with the THC and concentrated when making the Distillate or whatever they put in the Black Market Cartridges.

I believe the medical problems are due to a combination of the “Terpene” cuts and MCT (Coconut Oil) cuts causing lipid pneumonia and the traces of Myclobutanil that turns into Hydrogen Cyanide when Vaped.

In case people don’t know Hydrogen Cyanide is what Hitler used in the gas chambers and is a super deadly, highly toxic poison.

I won’t go into my conspiracy theories about this, it should be obvious.

I’m not sure that the medical dispensary Distillate and Cartridges are very safe either.

I’ve strictly been smoking flower for the past few weeks now and am feeling better...

madalasatori

Veteran
Apologies, I’m used to posting on a very brutal forum and forget where I am sometimes. I’ve seen some shady business in the weed scene but it seems like you guys have done good.

I wish you all the best

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I recognize that this is a difficult topic to assimilate - since probably all of us have vaped and smoked most of our lives -

Lets not let the thread become the home of ad hominem attacks against those that have made a business out of it - and now have to face such a loss -

No one has been vaping carts their whole life they are only a couple years old. If someone made a business without giving a fuck about the consequences to human life the are reaping what they sowed.

Don't downplay it, learn from it or suffer the same consequence over and over and over .....

GGNo2

The thing is even if they bring regulations in so that producers only use safe ingredients (which should be a thing anyway) there's always going to be a rat selling homemade cartridges to kids and illegal states.
Just a shame they had to bring nicotine vaping into the firing line.
I'm happy to see the UK has stopped negative reporting on the nicotine vapes now as well. Also all of our medical and government bodies have stood firm the whole time reassuring people that vaping is still safer than smoking.

No its not completely safe but I was smoking tobacco before with its poisons and carcinogenics and its a world away from that.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yes agreed GGNo2 - vaping is less harmful than smoking - or that is what we have been led to believe - people start risky businesses every day that put the general public at serious physical risk - a bar or restaurant can be risky places - just as much as a vape store - no one forces anyone to vape, eat or drink -

GGNo2

Yes agreed GGNo2 - vaping is less harmful than smoking - or that is what we have been led to believe - people start risky businesses every day that put the general public at serious physical risk - a bar or restaurant can be risky places - just as much as a vape store - no one forces anyone to vape, eat or drink -

I'm just extra grateful to nicotine vaping as it the first time in many attempts that I've managed to kick the cigs out.
3 years this April since I quit smoking tobbaco.

I aimed to quit vaping in April as its done its job and its not something I want to carry on forever.
I know for some people it's a part of their lifestyle, with the snapback hats lol
Ive quite often said I love vaping but I hate vapers haha.
It was designed too help people quit vaping not to become this fashion accessory that a lot of people seem to use it as.
Ive met people who never smoked and vape nicotine free liquids and it puzzles me, it really does.

To think about all the people in the States who are being put off this effective quiting tool and carry on smoking tobacco makes me a wee bit annoyed.
Me and the Mrs have quit tobbaco through vaping.

GGNo2

Is there any case of lung disease caused by vaping natural dried cannabis buds?

Not that's I'm aware of and I've been following this closely.
Can't see there being any issues with vaping bud.
Its when they concentrate the extracts and the contaminant on the buds gets concentrated too, that along with the bulking agents they're cutting the oils with too.

Vaping flower is probably the safest way other than edibles to use cannabis.

EsterEssence

Veteran
I have a coil vape pen and an e-nail for my rosin and have had no problems, I have been doing it this way for 5 years. I grow my own organic cannabis, cure it, tumble the crystals off and press the rosin all myself. I have had no problem with the concentrated cannabis with no additives...

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
Well they have named the injury/illness EVALI "e-cigerette or vaping product use associated lung injury"

Count is now up to 1,299 official cases

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Is there any case of lung disease caused by vaping natural dried cannabis buds?

Going for a med card the doctor advised me to vape as opposed to smoking or edibles. His reason was that the distillation process of vaping only gives what you want and the plant matter left after vaping was stuff you did not want in your lungs. On edibles his reason was dosing.

^ As I mentioned earlier:

The process of producing the Distillate and Vape Cartridges concentrates any chemicals on the plant.

Myclobutanil turns into Hydrogen Cyanide at less than vape temps...

Read my post above.

prune

Veteran
It’s the fungicide Myclobutanil that turns into Hydrogen Cyanide when heated.

I believe the medical problems are due to a combination of the “Terpene” cuts and MCT (Coconut Oil) cuts causing lipid pneumonia and the traces of Myclobutanil that turns into Hydrogen Cyanide when Vaped.

In case people don’t know Hydrogen Cyanide is what Hitler used in the gas chambers and is a super deadly, highly toxic poison.

I won’t go into my conspiracy theories about this, it should be obvious.

I’m not sure that the medical dispensary Distillate and Cartridges are very safe either.

I’ve strictly been smoking flower for the past few weeks now and am feeling better...

You're not keeping up, that is so last week... Latest info is that there was NO lipoid pnenmonia, that was a misinterpretation of the tissue samples.

The latest best interpretation is metal fume disease caused by the cheap solder used to make the electrical connections within the cartridge. Cadmium seems to be the culprit, and it CAN cause the syndrome with a single bad cartridge, so it is a real and true "Russian roulette" situation with vape pens right now.

EsterEssence

Veteran
If the problem is some pesticides like eagle 20 is causing the problem why isn’t it a problem with the cannabis it was sprayed on. Does it need to be concentrated to be a problem? The words spray and cannabis don’t go in the same sentence with me.