What's new

Bogus Vape Cartridges Linked to Outbreak of Pulmonary Problems, Hospitalizations

Drewsif

I cut my Cannabis oil with Cannabis oil. Thin it with.. heat... God damn this gadgetification of shitty trans weed in the America
is disgusting. Trans weed, thats what this shit is, unrecognizable garbage destined for some 12 year olds vape pen. An entire market created for the weed so shitty no gullible idiot would buy it any other way. It's the only way legal American pot can be sold, fucking garbage!

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Stick to carts that are made with...

Oil.

Even then they'll give ya a raspy throat with heavy use.

I use them out and about and recommend against using as your go to consumption method. Never had problems smoking flower or concentrates beyond the obvious variation in quality.

I don't disagree with terpene dilution, it just isn't for me. I've yet to try anything that had the complexity of smell/taste found in flower or proper oil.

Crazy, I knew there was going to be something bad about those cartridges. My state is flooded with knock off vapes that say they are from California but you can buy them packages and cartridges from China.

Seems like half the weed sales have gone to those shitty cartridges. Someone had this one cartridge that tasted like grape soda, definitely not a cannabis terpine. Lol, not too mention a lot of them are probably only like 20% THC. Even seen one that was almost clear.

Clear distillate is a refining technique not the result of buffing the mix.

Last edited:

weedape

Lead leaches from the carts’ heating elements so regardless of a product’s legitimacy, it still may be unsafe.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I cut my Cannabis oil with Cannabis oil. Thin it with.. heat... God damn this gadgetification of shitty trans weed in the America
is disgusting. Trans weed, thats what this shit is, unrecognizable garbage destined for some 12 year olds vape pen. An entire market created for the weed so shitty no gullible idiot would buy it any other way. It's the only way legal American pot can be sold, fucking garbage!

I do believe that this is exactly why we have this "industry." You nailed it. It's because there was such a glut of mediocre and sub-par cannabis that was doused in PGRs and pesticides in the newly opened industry that this market was invented out of necessity. What sucks is that it became the main focus of the industry. So, in true American fashion, we are catering to mediocrity. Fanfuckingtastic.

Aw, who am I kidding... I can't pretend I care. I'm quite the cynic and expect all of this. It's why I grow my own, anyway. :biggrin:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
several accounts i have read now say that some of the suspect cartridges had vegetable oil as fillers. stuff is edible as used for cooking, but heated up like in a vape degrades into something you do not want to breathe...

watts

ohms
Veteran
President Donald Trump wants to ban all non-tobacco flavored vaping products in an effort to combat the epidemic of e-cigarette use among young people.

I have a feeling the FDA will regulate small companies out of business by making impossible for anyone without a small or large fortune to comply.

kalopatchkid

Veteran
In the back of my mind I've wondered about the possibility that these bad vape carts could have been secretly introduced by Big Tobacco looking to protect its market share.

kalopatchkid

Veteran
This move by trump has more to do with protecting the Tobacco companies in my opinion.

That was my point, its not so much protection but giving tobacco back some market share that they lost to the vaping craze. More people are going to go back to the ol cancer sticks if they cant vape some cotton candy flavored caca.

They havent even pinpointed the exact ingredient(s) causing these illness and yet they are already drafting new regulations. Meanwhile, there is a mass shooting every other day and not a single attempt of gun regulation is passed.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
This is just a prefect reflection of every asshole here who ever said something to the effect of everything is toxic these days so who gives a fuck is the reason you dumb fucks let something like this happen int he first place

your apathy is malignant as are the medicines your repugnant minds like that are capable of producing

eat up johnny there is alot more sowing that you have yet to reap

redlaser

Veteran
Lipoid pneumonia is what they are coming down with, maybe more than one issue. Lipoid pneumonia happens when fat makes it into the lungs. Doctors say the condition is pretty uncommon

I doubt only one carrier(oil) is responsible, could be some are worse than others. I was always interested in the health data on vaping various carriers, never saw any.

dddaver

Veteran
https://thenextweb.com/insights/201...-deaths-heres-how-to-vape-loose-leaf-instead/

While trying to find out how many of those 6 deaths they are trying to hang on cannabis I found this. But actual numbers may never be known about it. Because it is not cannabis. It is the crappy additives in vapes, that cotton candy or lollipops smelling shit and most probably those fucking oils they're adding. Gross. In one of their desperate attempts to save their butt the vape industry is trying to lay blame it all on THC. Absolute total bullshit. They're making this Reefer Madness 5.0. Playing on fear. Disgusting.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
A buddy of mine has been all about those dank vape cartridges for awhile now. I took a few puffs off them and they made me cough like crazy... I don't know, something about them doesn't feel right. I'll stick with my own herb.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Wow... so it went way beyond someone just trying to make a buck. This is just the tip of the iceberg, yeah? Millions of carts...

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is just a prefect reflection of every asshole here who ever said something to the effect of everything is toxic these days so who gives a fuck is the reason you dumb fucks let something like this happen int he first place

your apathy is malignant as are the medicines your repugnant minds like that are capable of producing

eat up johnny there is alot more sowing that you have yet to reap

Kind of angry and petty for a Buddhist, eh?

Find a healthy way to unload all that bile you carry about.

Like meditating.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Kind of angry and petty for a Buddhist, eh?

Find a healthy way to unload all that bile you carry about.

Like meditating.

What does your expertise in your own practice tell you?

I am sure you have none, your opinion is presumptuous and defensive since you are guilty and your conscious can't deny it and your posting history proof of your contribution to this dynamic through ignorance.

I remember many of your posts succinctly since they where straw man arguments defensively construed because you lack skill sets and argued against those who did

If you can't take ownership of your own actions you aren't even a functional adult let alone capable of a deep humanitarian practice such as buddhism.

all you have done is make strawman arguments to justify your own piss poor understanding an inability to do without chems

https://www.google.com/search?q=mik...wsvkAhVnT98KHZBlCD4Q8NMDCJoB&biw=1600&bih=757

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
You went out of your way to keep the door way of doubt open to encourage people using chemicals on plants not designed for humam consumption

that makes you a shitty human without any justification other than sounding cool on the internet because that was your only motivation. being a malignant fuck for no real purpose but to satiate your own malignant desires

bravo well done

Latest posts

Latest posts