What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BOG Seeds Sour Bubble.

Redrum92

BOG still sells seeds? Anything different about the current generation?

It has been taken over by his son, supposedly. RIP to the OG :alien:

I was initially very suspicious of the newer generation Sour Bubble. Then I noticed this pic on OG- it is from DougDawson there, doing a "preservation run" making f3's from the original stock, and it looks exactly like the new gen.

Screenshot_20230319-214859_Chrome~2.jpg

Notice that unique fleur-de-lis spread to the fan leaf (Credit: DougDawson)

20230319_215452 - Copy.jpg

And here's the newer version (~2022 SHN). Same fan leaf pattern: extra long petioles, all middle finger, late developing side branches. Could be a copy.

It seems "everyone" agrees the current stock is different. I had no reason not to believe them. Now I don't know what to believe. We'll see how it develops.

Last edited:

OldSkewlGrower

Finding BOG genetics are rare now.. its a shame that BOG didn't document his SB clone much. I can only find a few pics and most are not the original clone. Seeing what he used back then that started it all would have been awesome to see. Lots of pics from others.

Sour Strawberry is one I would have liked to look into a lot more.

Let's not forget BOG created one of the best tasting clone in existence Sour Dubble !!!!.. Not to be confused with Sour Bubble.
Just caught this post now. Hard to believe BOG's gear has become rare? I remember so many people buying them from SB during the 2007-2012 period I was actively collecting seeds. There has to be a good number of people out there with his stuff stashed away. If not, this makes me regret all the more not picking up other strains of his back then. Glad I made lots of F2s of the Sour Bubble. When, one day, I am situated to grow, I will make an F3 generation from open pollinating 10-15 males and 10-15 females. That should preserve enough genetic diversity, although this is a pretty stabilized strain.

I also have 3 seeds left from the original pack. Whatever sex they turn out to be, they will be put to use regardless. For example, if all male, I'll use the pollen from all 3 to open pollinate 10 different F2 females. Hoping for 2 fems and 1 male, or 2 males and 1 fem. Please pray for me and these beans.

Redrum92

Just caught this post now. Hard to believe BOG's gear has become rare? I remember so many people buying them from SB during the 2007-2012 period I was actively collecting seeds. There has to be a good number of people out there with his stuff stashed away. If not, this makes me regret all the more not picking up other strains of his back then. Glad I made lots of F2s of the Sour Bubble. When, one day, I am situated to grow, I will make an F3 generation from open pollinating 10-15 males and 10-15 females. That should preserve enough genetic diversity, although this is a pretty stabilized strain.

I also have 3 seeds left from the original pack. Whatever sex they turn out to be, they will be put to use regardless. For example, if all male, I'll use the pollen from all 3 to open pollinate 10 different F2 females. Hoping for 2 fems and 1 male, or 2 males and 1 fem. Please pray for me and these beans.

Hope you have good luck in your work!

In case you missed it, yes, fortunately many people have kept the Sour train running (PureKnowledge, Dansbuds, BuckarooBonsai, others I'm forgetting) I wouldn't be able to contribute anything to this thread without them. TonyGreen has a 3-4 SB lines right now, some of which I'm pumped about, including the Weighted Blanket and the chem91 x SB

Last edited:

OldSkewlGrower

It has been taken over by his son, supposedly. RIP to the OG :alien:

I was initially very suspicious of the newer generation Sour Bubble. Then I noticed this pic on OG- it is from DougDawson there, doing a "preservation run" making f3's from the original stock, and it looks exactly like the new gen.

View attachment 18821315

Notice that unique fleur-de-lis spread to the fan leaf (Credit: DougDawson)

View attachment 18821317

And here's the newer version. Same fan leaf pattern: extra long petioles, all middle finger, late developing side branches. Could be a copy.

It seems "everyone" agrees the current stock is different. I had no reason not to believe them. Now I don't know what to believe.
Is that second pic your plant? It looks close enough to vegging Sour Bubble based on the observable traits. However, there's no way to know for sure unless it(the seeds or clone) was transferred with the honest and accurate information/story behind it.

Sour Bubble is fairly homogenized and from personal experience, the F2s I ran demonstrated this. To my recollection, I flowered in total, about 10 different females from this generation. 8 were faithful reproductions of the standard Sour Bubble profile. 2 were freaks that went purple/black 3.5 weeks into veg, with temps at 75°. There was not a spot of green on them anywhere. The meristem, branches, leaves, all of it. I was curious how it produced food with no green, which indicates the presence of chlorophyll. Then I thought, maybe the genetic expression forces it to produce an uncontrolled amount of active anthocyanin, completely overwhelming all the green chlorophyll. The flowers were the exact same color, inside and out, with thick fire orange hairs, the contrast of two presenting a gorgeous visual display.
Typical crushing Sour Bubble high and the taste leaned towards java/nag champa.

I'm piped and went on rambling again. But my point was, the strain seems like it carries well into successive generations. So whether it's 2nd, or 4th, as long as the generation wasn't bottlenecked genetically, you should have nice, faithful representations of what Sour Bubble is supposed to be.

Last edited:

OldSkewlGrower

He wasn't a young man. Im sure the cause was mentioned when it happened but it was a while ago I don't remember. Having a selective memory comes with age lol.
That is a fact, one my mind seems to have forgotten over the years. I guess being back, it felt so familiar I forgot everyone else here aged too during that time. Cheers to our brain cells we have left swimming up there.

Redrum92

Not that I would pay that price, but 400 sounds fair. Pretty much guaranteed top notch, very unique breeding stock. Then factor in the high rarity and high demand... I'd say that's cheap, if anything.

P.s. 100% interested in the DMT release

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
It's just a little bit odd that if they were in the bean business they would not have been popping them for everyone but maybe the person that bought them does.

smilley

Veteran
I grew Sour Bubble BX3 years ago. I had issues with germination and what did grow seemed to lack vigor. Back then, I was a beginner so I probably did something wrong. I recieved BOG's book "Bonanza of Green" as part of the seed promotion. I also grew BOG's LSD which I had a lot of success with. BOG was a Cannabis God back then. May he RIP.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I grew Sour Bubble BX3 years ago. I had issues with germination and what did grow seemed to lack vigor. Back then, I was a beginner so I probably did something wrong. I recieved BOG's book "Bonanza of Green" as part of the seed promotion. I also grew BOG's LSD which I had a lot of success with. BOG was a Cannabis God back then. May he RIP.
You probably didn't do anything wrong.

Sour Bubble is a notoriously slow vegger and low yielder.

It's the smoke that speaks!

Nannymouse

Have had the SourBubble BX3 (now very inbred)and the LifeSaverDiesel. The LSD was very good for me in terms of 'daytime' effects and the growth was certainly better than the SB. Would have loved to have kept the LSD, but she wouldn't reveg for me, so lost her. Would have been nice to have had more beans of that.

SourBubble ...stout little beast! Always wondered what could be done short of chemicals, that would encourage her to stretch in veg, a little bit more. Maybe i would try trimming the lower branches to force upward growth. Maybe distancing from the light source?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Have had the SourBubble BX3 (now very inbred)and the LifeSaverDiesel. The LSD was very good for me in terms of 'daytime' effects and the growth was certainly better than the SB. Would have loved to have kept the LSD, but she wouldn't reveg for me, so lost her. Would have been nice to have had more beans of that.

SourBubble ...stout little beast! Always wondered what could be done short of chemicals, that would encourage her to stretch in veg, a little bit more. Maybe i would try trimming the lower branches to force upward growth. Maybe distancing from the light source?

Breeding.

I've been working on the Casey Jones x Sour Bubble BX and it has been promising thus far.

If you have males from the old stock let me know via PM.

Latest posts

Latest posts