What's new

BOG bred OG Kush?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chemovar

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=5275390&postcount=9

OG Kush was selected from my seeds as was my sour bubble. I called my best selection sour bubble but another OGer selected from my bogbubble and or bogglegum to create OG Kush. This happened shortly after I had come out with sour bubble. When I take Sour Bubble to be checked out often it is said to be like OG Kush but better.

I can't prove the claim but I was even sent the clone they selected and seeds they make with many thanks and then their og kush became quite popular. The kush came from the bubblegum actually and not simons bubblegum clone. This was a cross of bubblegum and kush that was still just called bubblegum as the seed.

I have told the story many times over the years. I really have never claimed OG Kush was my invention. It was however selected from my seeds. The name OG came from both OG as overgrow was known and my nick was BushyOG at the time as you all recall.
BOG

Is there any truth to this claim or is it just another breeder trying to rewrite history?

Can we answer these questions with chimeras DNA database?

I

Iron_Lion

I dont know man, the OG kush legend is pretty believable.

OG is supposedly related to Chem 91, which if you look at them they share a lot of similarities. OG in general kinda resembles Sour D and the Chem. And that family funk, not to many other strains not related to that line make a furious funk like they do.

I would believe BOG's story about how he created bubba Kush long before I believe he created OG.

Grizz

Veteran
lol. i doubt it but you never really know, as it stands now he made bubba kush, sour bubble, og, sour dubb, seems every thing good he claims it.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OG came from FL.

Not even a west coast deal. But the west coast made it famous by...and by calling everything with an indica profile kush. This was '94-'96 era - before OvG even began.

Alot of people want to claim it - but the real creator is probably some poor swamp dweller that just loved cannabis. A hobby breeder.

Seems to be the most accurate info...

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bubba kush was LA Affie x (¿? male). Seed stock still exist from which "pre-98" came from / was found in.

It was believed for many years that a tray of clones was confused and BOG accidentally worked Bubba Kush into his Sour Bubble gene pool - not the other way around.

Although, Sour Dubb, as I understand it, uses his select Sour Bubble mother and is fathered by pollen Rez donated from a NYCD F2 selection, used to begin his work (ie first outcross of ECSD) for Sour Diesel IBL.
So he made Sour Dubb, best I know.

dank.Frank

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive chatted with BOG about this before... he doesn't claim to have bred OG or even be responsible for it. From what I gather he is claiming that some folks used his seed stock to breed the OG Kush by finding a Pheno similar to his Sour Bubble, which in my opinion is better than the best OG's I have tried, and is why they are so similar.

it seems to go along with some of the other Overgrow.com OG genesis theories, so...

Is it true, I can't say... but I respect BOG's work and I have no reason to believe he is a liar.

Grizz

Veteran
Bubba kush was LA Affie x (¿? male). Seed stock still exist from which "pre-98" came from / was found in.

It was believed for many years that a tray of clones was confused and BOG accidentally worked Bubba Kush into his Sour Bubble gene pool - not the other way around.

Although, Sour Dubb, as I understand it, uses his select Sour Bubble mother and is fathered by pollen Rez donated from a NYCD F2 selection, used to begin his work (ie first outcross of ECSD) for Sour Diesel IBL.
So he made Sour Dubb, best I know.

dank.Frank

also said it came from soma's diesel, i dont think he really know's

fabvariousk

Veteran
This is like Soma claiming that the ECSD clone was what he used to make NYCD.
What makes it so insulting is that many of us were on OG during all of this and know he is straight up lying.
I was a fullon BOGFAN back then and grew out some of the first Bogglegum and Lifesaver available. They were among the best I have ever grown.
When OG kush hit OG the threads that followed it would make the Girl Scout Cookies thread seem like a post in the flying dutchman forum.
Loads of info about the OG kush was debated and argued at length.
At no point do I remember anyone making any guesses that the two could be related.
Actually from those early posts many people claimed to have grown and smoked it since the early eighties. Not a grateful dead parking lot.
I love BOG but he is pulling some shit here. and he knows it.
Thanks
fabk

A

Alfred

This is a little off topic, but, I have read the descriptions of Grape Punch and Sour Grape and they don't seem to make much sense.
One says that 'a special Orange Bogglegum' was used to create Grape Punch, and the other says 'a Lemony Lifesaver crossed to a Grape Bogglegum'?

A

Alfred

I thought i read somewhere that Soma was given NYCD seeds from some dude with dreadlocks? lol

Maybe these 'breeders' are just pulling peoples legs, but maybe they are stoned bullsh*t artists that can't really remember what they have said in the past? :)

astartes

Confusing. So ill just sit back and enjoy the show.

Just confusing or purposefully so? I guess that's up to the reader. This isn't the first time he's made very questionable statements, let the embers swirl only to come back later and say he wasn't being clear.

a.

as i was reading that i was thinking to myself this is bullshit he wouldnt write something as stupid as this but it looks like he did.

dumbest thing ive ever read, when did sour bubble come out?

maybe some retard told him this bullshit that he made og kush from bogs seeds and hes just so into himself he believed the shit.

og kush definitely comes from the chem family. not even remotely close to anything sour bubble or bogglegum. first he said sour bubble seeds then he started talking about a bubble gum clone? i didnt understand that.

some of these breeders shouldnt be allowed to post on these forums cuz they end up embarrassing themselves and lose peoples respect. theres been a handful. theres no way he can re-explain himself after something like that. his only option would be to say that his account was hacked.

he shoulda went with bubba kush instead of og, it would have been more believable but maybe he thinks theyre the same thing.

Last edited:

growhi

lol always makes me laugh discussions like these the simple fact is ................NOBODY KNOWS !! .................... no one even knows what chem is no one knows what og kush is no one knows bubba kush is .................................. and i bet the real truth is so boring and mundane you would be able to understand why the truth never came out lol

finding seeds at a rock concert sounds alllot more romantic than some fat weed head making a cross out of some retail dutch genetics and finding some nice phenos lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts