What's new

bobblehead's organic bedroom of high brix gardening

Mister_D

Veteran
Please take the time to read my above posts to understand the level that I am speaking to you from.

From the above posts you are speaking from a level that shows you don't understand English very well. You wrote out pages of text trying to argue a point I already agreed with you on (organics are capable of producing 2lbs + per light). Then even after I explained that wasn't the point I was making, you continued to try and argue the same point, and few random others, while claiming that they somehow had relevance to the real debate we are having (chem grown plants veg faster all else being equal)........ So what exactly do you want me to understand that you think I'm not getting?

My ipad battery died mid post.

Bro drivel is telling me you can dial in Gh3 part and not have excess no3 in your plants...but you don't own a sap nitrate meter ;)

So in your mind it's impossible to dial in a nute without meters huh :laughing:? A person couldn't possibly use repeated trials with the same clone/environment/etc to see what levels gained the most yield/best end product? Or wait, wouldn't that have to have been done to know what the readings from the meter mean in the first place? Hmmmm makes ya wonder doesn't it..........

bobblehead

Veteran
The point you are missing D money is that its impossible to dial a plant in to its natural growing potential with nitrate based fertilizers. Nitrates work for croppin' cuz they pull more water into the plant and increase stretch and mass of the plant... Its not what I would call healthy growth. Like eating a big mac and fries vs. steak and potatoes. Close enough, right? nope. NO3 kills brix like big macs kill people. Organics are 80/20 NH4/NO3, whereas synthetics are 20/80 NH4/N03. The plants grow different. First of all, synthetic grown plants literally are attracting bugs and ask to be killed! Its called insect pressure, and they are subject to it b/c of their lower brix levels. I saw something amazing the other day. This one house's backyard was loaded with dandelion seeds. The front law was clean, the neighboring lawns were clean, but this backyard had so many dandelion seeds it looked like snow or soap suds. The soil was screaming "come plant yourself here!"... Oh no but now I'm going off on a tangent about dynamic accumulators... lol

or something like that.

:tiphat:

Mister_D

Veteran
The point you are missing D money is that its impossible to dial a plant in to its natural growing potential with nitrate based fertilizers. Nitrates work for croppin' cuz they pull more water into the plant and increase stretch and mass of the plant... Its not what I would call healthy growth. Like eating a big mac and fries vs. steak and potatoes. Close enough, right? nope. NO3 kills brix like big macs kill people. Organics are 80/20 NH4/NO3, whereas synthetics are 20/80 NH4/N03. The plants grow different.

or something like that.

:tiphat:

This falls into the category of other reasons I support organic farming methods over chem :biggrin:. It is not however a valid argument for organics producing more than chems via reduced veg time :tiphat:.

bobblehead

Veteran
I was supposed to go to bed after I got home from work tonight... I find myself spending a lot more time in the garden and then here as well... Should be good for the bottom line down the road... but I need a better sleep schedule. lol It's 3am and I'm about to roll another one.

bobblehead

Veteran
Gorrilla Glue #4
picture.php

Organics rule all others drool
picture.php

Headband- reaching!
picture.php

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
:good: Love your GG#4 brother, she is a stunner :good:
Rest of the room is looking very nice too from way down here :gday:
Happy to see you finding your way with organics and finding more ways to improve your game, the way it should be, constantly evolving and changing for the better :D
:plant grow:

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Backyard Farmer :respect:

Mr. D - id be pretty pissed off too finding out the person advising me was full of shit.

Your slower organic veg vs your synthetic veg wasn't dialed. Thats like claiming everything outside won't do better than whats inside lol

And like Backyard Farmer said - Commercial Foliar - and you said they don't... kinda hurt your rep/argument...

Backyard is genuinely trying to help you and dropping real knowledge and actual love man...

I don't see DHF in here... sucker is fake.

And yes its impossible to dial in Chem Nutes without meters.

Good luck with out a ph or ec meter.

Backyard farmer - whats this sap meter you speak of! Loving the science behind all this - I hate chelates and am just learning of their true illusion.

I got a question regarding organics.

Can coco grows be 100% organic? I'm not a fan of soil unless its under the sun.

And Mr. D we all trying to help you homie, we all want each other to do the best we can.

We should try n be positive and keep optimistic minds and everyone will be happy and benefit in the end.

Beautiful plants bobble :D

Mister_D

Veteran
Backyard Farmer

Mr. D - id be pretty pissed off too finding out the person advising me was full of shit.

:laughing: Do none of you people read or what? I've been learning from the man for 20 years. Now ask yourself, who can fake advanced grow knowledge for that long? I'd love to see you try and teach me shit for 20 years :laughing:. Hell lets flip the coin a second, and play devils advocate. Lets assume for a second you are correct, fred is a fake that's never grown a plant in his life. Does that make all the information he's given me over the years worthless? I own a few houses that would disagree.....

Your slower organic veg vs your synthetic veg wasn't dialed. Thats like claiming everything outside won't do better than whats inside lol

Ok so my buddy that's been doing commercial scale organics for the last 30 years, that freely admits I'm right must not know what he's talking about either :laughing: Dude was doing this shit before a lot of you were born, but he wouldn't know what he's talking about....... right. I now see why freds gets upset with you kids.

And like Backyard Farmer said - Commercial Foliar - and you said they don't... kinda hurt your rep/argument...

Again maybe you better go back ACTUALLY READ what I wrote, not what veg claims he read. I never said they don't foliar in a commercial setting, I said it's not used as the sole source of feeding. Nothing about that could be construed as not using foliars to a person with even minimal comprehension skills. I'd say your lacking ability to read a few post to completion "kinda hurts your rep/argument".

Backyard is genuinely trying to help you and dropping real knowledge and actual love man...

Yes he dropped a shit load of knowledge, almost none of which pertained to the debate we were having. Sure makes him sound smart to guys like you though :laughing:

I don't see DHF in here... sucker is fake.

Considering the debate really at it's core had absolutely nothing to do with DHF, why would he chime in? Or maybe he's just grown tried of the ball swingers like yourself?

And yes its impossible to dial in Chem Nutes without meters.

Good luck with out a ph or ec meter.

How do you suppose those poor farmers got along before those wonderful meters existed? I'll leave you to think about that........

Backyard farmer - whats this sap meter you speak of! Loving the science behind all this - I hate chelates and am just learning of their true illusion.

I got a question regarding organics.

Can coco grows be 100% organic? I'm not a fan of soil unless its under the sun.

Depends on how strict you are on your definition of organic.

And Mr. D we all trying to help you homie, we all want each other to do the best we can.

What part of this post is you trying to help exactly? No information in here, just you riding veg's dick and showing how little you understand.........

We should try n be positive and keep optimistic minds and everyone will be happy and benefit in the end.

Next time take your own advice, if you have nothing positive or informative to contribute, don't contribute at all :tiphat:.

I apologize bobble, I'm going to bow out of this argument now as it's degraded into something petty instead of a healthy debate. Back to our regularly scheduled programing......

bobblehead

Veteran
Next time take your own advice, if you have nothing positive or informative to contribute, don't contribute at all :tiphat:.

I apologize bobble, I'm going to bow out of this argument now as it's degraded into something petty instead of a healthy debate. Back to our regularly scheduled programing......

Out of curiosity bro... what weed forum were you guys chatting it up on in '94? I've found Freds posts at grasscity back to 2003 talking about growing blueberry seeds and getting high listening to pink floyd. OG was around '00. Prior to that Fred was supposed to be learning about Krusty buckets from the man himself, making him less than an expert in that time period.

just curious about the timeline. Thanks.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Oh man, how many times has organic vs synthetic been debated on weed forums over the years hehehe. Your guys make me smile, hey if it's working for you, great keep at it and keep dialing it in. There's more than one way to skin a cat. For me synthetic has always produced better results regarding weight and if you guys want to shave some time off the plants life then raise your temps and add Co2 but I guess I'm preaching to the choir on that one lol.

Peace,
HGO

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
I still fail to see how if you're on a 9 week cycle , growing with chem nutrients will shorten the cycle ?

Only so many days in a calendar year.

I never claimed foliar to be the sole method of fertigation just that it's the best one and can be used to deliver nutrients immediately ... Mr D is the one who brought up the sole method etc.,

My point about foliar spraying was that you can use it in an organic program to surpass the growth rate of any other set up if phone right.

Have you read about the cation and anion matrix?

Once they are loaded , the plant has a battery to draw from by exuding those acids and phytocompounds we were talking about earlier , the presence of robust biology also increases the availability ...back to foliar spraying, also increases photosynthesis and therefore the compounds being dumped back out through the roots eventually becoming fats and complex carbohydrates..that's when they really go berserk

Mr D Overgrow.com came online in 2000 ,

Mister_D

Veteran
Out of curiosity bro... what weed forum were you guys chatting it up on in '94? I've found Freds posts at grasscity back to 2003 talking about growing blueberry seeds and getting high listening to pink floyd. OG was around '00. Prior to that Fred was supposed to be learning about Krusty buckets from the man himself, making him less than an expert in that time period.

just curious about the timeline. Thanks.

Mostly OG, and before that a few other obscure places you've probably never heard of. OG actually shut down around 00', was up and running long before that ;).

bobblehead

Veteran
Oh man, how many times has organic vs synthetic been debated on weed forums over the years hehehe. Your guys make me smile, hey if it's working for you, great keep at it and keep dialing it in. There's more than one way to skin a cat. For me synthetic has always produced better results regarding weight and if you guys want to shave some time off the plants life then raise your temps and add Co2 but I guess I'm preaching to the choir on that one lol.

Peace,
HGO

Its not even a debate for me. I know what I prefer, and I'm just here to share my experience. I'm not forcing my ideas on anyone. That's the difference between Freds and me, so stop trying to defend him! oh wait, that's not why you're here... lol :laughing:

but on the real... I've found that keeping my temps as close to 75F as possible is best. With my temps in the 80's the buds were bigger but more airy. Smell and taste were diminished, as well as potency. Its been pointed out though that my room hasn't been completely dialed... So we'll see what this grow and the next have in store for me.

Right now my temps top out at 79F ambient, with 70% RH. :joint: Just had to tweak things a bit and now everything is perfect. I have new temp and humidity controls coming to see if I can't get things even more dialed.

bobblehead

Veteran
Overgrow.com, the largest cannabis grow site in the world at the time of its demise, was acquired by Baghdadlian in 2002. Overgrow.com was founded in 1999 and fought for the legalization of cannabis by teaching people how to grow their own marijuana.[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven's_Stairway

1998/1999 - A group of members of Weedbase discuss creating a new growing site. Amongst them are Foolgirl, nl420, ot1, Baudelaire, and ~Shabang~

1999 - Overgrow is formed by foolgirl, nl420, and ot1(?). ~S is involved in the creation, but goes on a shabbatical for personal reasons. Baudelaire is also active.

Late 1999/early 2000(?) - ~S returns and takes up admin duties. Overgrow server is moved to Vancouver, Canada.

http://www.breed*DELETE*bay.co.uk/f...rief-history-overgrow-com-inception-bust.html

Your memory is a little foggy Mister D.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Overgrow and Cannabisworld went bye bye around 2005-2006 if memory serves me right, so sad that they're gone but at least we have ICMag....the best cannabis forum world wide :D :D

Peace,
HGO

Mister_D

Veteran
I guess you guys will have to forgive my poor memory for dates. Smoking as much as I do for as long as I have I tend to forget things that don't hold any value to me..... like dates when weed sites started and shut down :laughing: None the less as most of you still can't seem to grasp this was never about fred, or me defending him. It was solely (perhaps I shouldn't use that word as it's obviously not well understood here) about the difference in veg times between a dialed organic garden and dialed chem garden. Trying to make it about other irrelevant shit doesn't change that fact, or make me any less right about what I've said. Like I explained earlier, I did the experiments myself, and have had plenty of other experienced people back up my findings. Nobody else in the argument seems to have actually tested it themselves so you are all working off hersay. If you prefer organics, that's great, I fully support that. Still doesn't mean that it will veg plants faster than chems all else being equal :joint:.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
I signed up here after OG went down. 2006. Just a kid with a 400w lamp under my bed. :D

View Image

Awh man I miss the "edge forums" so much although the pain has died a little over the years lol. I joined OG around 01' what a site it was and the membership was through the roof. Do you remember that crazy Russian guy that always had semi naked chicks in his garden? I think he was growing in shipping containers buried underground lol.

You had a 400 under the bed? You've come a long way Bobble, what were ya growing under that 400?

HGO

Mister_D

Veteran
Its not even a debate for me. I know what I prefer, and I'm just here to share my experience. I'm not forcing my ideas on anyone. That's the difference between Freds and me, so stop trying to defend him! oh wait, that's not why you're here... lol :laughing:

No it's not, I'm here because several people in this thread are trying to spew incorrect information without any experience to back up their claims. Hell wildgrow could have claimed what fred did/does, and if veg wanted to argue, I'd still tell him tell him he was wrong because I have actually done the side by sides. Had I not done those side by sides, I would have just kept my mouth shut. As you might have noticed over the years, I'm not one to talk out my ass. It is a convenient distraction to the argument though, so I'm still waiting for any of you to show me a single shred of valid argument for why I'm wrong. Or you can continue with the "I'm butthurt cuz your talking about fred" story :laughing:

but on the real... I've found that keeping my temps as close to 75F as possible is best. With my temps in the 80's the buds were bigger but more airy. Smell and taste were diminished, as well as potency. Its been pointed out though that my room hasn't been completely dialed... So we'll see what this grow and the next have in store for me.

So you admit your room wasn't dialed, and clearly you don't know what dialed is supposed to be when your temps are raised, so why are still trying to argue that the technique doesn't work? Come on bro, your smarter than this.

Right now my temps top out at 79F ambient, with 70% RH. :joint: Just had to tweak things a bit and now everything is perfect. I have new temp and humidity controls coming to see if I can't get things even more dialed.

There is a reason I don't publicly recommend advanced techniques, most people jump into them without understanding everything that needs to be known. Then as a result have shitty results, and claim it doesn't work. It's funny that you say everything is perfect, how do you know it's perfect? You've changed so many things in your room recently how can you be sure what effect anything is having? Or at least to what extent each change is effecting your results?

Latest posts

Latest posts