What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bobblehead overtakes

bobblehead

Veteran
No pain no gain, looking good man!

If the pain I've felt is any indication of gains to be made... Then I'm in the black. Thanks.

Nice to see you stepping up your clone game, Bobble. 400 clones in individual perlite cups is what I'm seeing, right?

Are you hand watering those? How often does the perlite dry out?

My own experiment with perlite cloning didn't work out so great.

It just takes time to get enough plant material to monocrop 100 plants...yes those are 16oz clear plastic cups full of perlite. I went through well over a bag of horticulture grade perlite. Setup is a bitch... But I hand water those cups 1x a week, and I get roots in 2-4 weeks. It's been working for every plant I have pictured.

I can't seem to have success with any other method....

D

DHF

Never thought I`d hear ANYBODY say "Chem D`s leavin the rotations" in a production environment..but...

It is what it is , and whatever the market`ll bear is whatchas gotta run that`ll bring more return on investment......and .....

I know she`s a finicky bitch and hell ta dial , but that just made me work harder till I got it right......that said....

I know you`ve got waaaay more options with other hybrids that`ll step up come Harvey , so carry on Bro.....

Getting real over there with the clone factory.......and good luck on yer final .......

Peace.....Freds.....:ying:.....

bobblehead

Veteran
Never thought I`d hear ANYBODY say "Chem D`s leavin the rotations" in a production environment..but...

It is what it is , and whatever the market`ll bear is whatchas gotta run that`ll bring more return on investment......and .....

I know she`s a finicky bitch and hell ta dial , but that just made me work harder till I got it right......that said....

I know you`ve got waaaay more options with other hybrids that`ll step up come Harvey , so carry on Bro.....

Getting real over there with the clone factory.......and good luck on yer final .......

Peace.....Freds.....:ying:.....

Let's recap... Cause I'm not choosing just any plant over Chem D.
picture.php

I know you're not beating up on me... Cause like you said I've run lots and lots of different plants. The finished product of the Straw DD doesn't have the same Chem D funk... It's just a little different, more sharp with sweet undertones. Lab tests are about equal. Straw DD beats chem D in all areas of growth. So now at this point I have to ask myself "Why am I growing someone else cut?" It would make a lot more sense for me to be banging out my own cut, that's imo a better hybrid. It guarantees me market share here in medville when I'm the only one mass producing her. Lots of people have the Chem D. Only a few of my friends have the straw DD, and most of them are growing for personal stash, or just haven't bothered to listen to me about her potential...

Anyway... Golden Goat is about the same size as those Straw DD, and also has massive yields and high lab scores. It's a completely different flavor, so I won't have one plant competing for the others market share.

The med market is competitive. There's no shortage of growers here. Fools posting pics on facebook even! Absolutely incredible.

Thanks for the well wishes. Wouldn't have got here without ya.

Great stuff in here bobblehead Ive been around and watching from the beginning. I automate my waterings in flower too in coco. How are your feed lines set-up in pot? Ive got tees on the end of mine but i still worry about outlying roots not getting moisture. Im thinking about making some halos and drilling small holes but im thinking it might screw things up if the flow/holes arnt equal in water dist. Anyways...kill it. Thanks for posting for all!

D

DHF

Let's recap... Cause I'm not choosing just any plant over Chem D.
View Image

I know you're not beating up on me... Cause like you said I've run lots and lots of different plants. The finished product of the Straw DD doesn't have the same Chem D funk... It's just a little different, more sharp with sweet undertones. Lab tests are about equal. Straw DD beats chem D in all areas of growth. So now at this point I have to ask myself "Why am I growing someone else cut?" It would make a lot more sense for me to be banging out my own cut, that's imo a better hybrid. It guarantees me market share here in medville when I'm the only one mass producing her. Lots of people have the Chem D. Only a few of my friends have the straw DD, and most of them are growing for personal stash, or just haven't bothered to listen to me about her potential...

Anyway... Golden Goat is about the same size as those Straw DD, and also has massive yields and high lab scores. It's a completely different flavor, so I won't have one plant competing for the others market share.

The med market is competitive. There's no shortage of growers here. Fools posting pics on facebook even! Absolutely incredible.

Thanks for the well wishes. Wouldn't have got here without ya.
Proof`s in da pudding my buddy , and as yas well know in medville if yas don`t have a certain niche/different product that shines.......

They beat yer ass up when it comes time to negotiate wholesale payout for said product at the whorehouse retail outlets.....that said.......

Always said you was a quick study , so handle it and make an old man proud.......and.....I ran 50/50 verm/perl in solo cups for almost 15 yrs before goin with clear coco cups , so yas done good......

I ran mine in trays so if they started droopin before they set roots good I`d just pour juice on the trays and let em wick it up instead of down through each cup that`d get messy and wasteful........anyways.....

Keep dialin my buddy......and........

Peace.....Freds......:ying:......

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Next time you try to connect those fittings try using washing machine washers. I double them up on some of my PVC fittings. They are 11 for about a dollar.

Did you get that timer programmed yet. I am about to set mine off soon.

I have the strawdd coming up soon. I have about 20 days left for 3 plants of it. They are at day 51 now. They are by far the biggest buds I have, but that's not hard. lol. It is a real nice plant and I will be running lots more of it. It is just starting to give me enough cuts to get it rolling.

Good luck with your tests.

Mister_D

Veteran
So now at this point I have to ask myself "Why am I growing someone else cut?" It would make a lot more sense for me to be banging out my own cut, that's imo a better hybrid. It guarantees me market share here in medville when I'm the only one mass producing her. Lots of people have the Chem D. Only a few of my friends have the straw DD, and most of them are growing for personal stash, or just haven't bothered to listen to me about her potential...

This is one of those trade secrets I make small mention of here and there. I live in CO and you best believe competition out here is fucking insane. We have plenty of clueless idiots pumping out shit, especially since the new law....., but we also have the highest concentration of skilled growers of any where i've ever lived. There is a reason you never see the newer "elites" in my grow, usually something I selected personally from a large pool ;). If I still dealt with dispensarys it would be much easier for me to argue prices, because i'm the only person with that particular variety. Still makes it easier to keep my customers loyal. Just starting to get things dialed at the new spot, so ya'll havn't seen her true potential. Rest assured, once dialed in that romulan will spank the shit out of just about any "elite" clone on market today. I say that having just spent the last few days in a cloud of cookies and tahoe og :biggrin:. BTW not super impressed with cookies. Really good shit, just not my bag......

Anyway, jack has me rambling again....... Glad to see things falling into place for ya bro. Going to be a shift in grower mentality once our little group shows the world the true potential of vert. Honestly though i'm most excited for a lil friendly competition between us vert brothers, once "the one" is found and *cough* makes it's way to the lucky few ;). Strawberry is setting the standard atm, but i'm betting on finding something superior in the hunt. Though I might need ta grow her to be sure I have in fact found something better :biggrin:

Last edited:

bobblehead

Veteran
Next time you try to connect those fittings try using washing machine washers. I double them up on some of my PVC fittings. They are 11 for about a dollar.

Did you get that timer programmed yet. I am about to set mine off soon.

I have the strawdd coming up soon. I have about 20 days left for 3 plants of it. They are at day 51 now. They are by far the biggest buds I have, but that's not hard. lol. It is a real nice plant and I will be running lots more of it. It is just starting to give me enough cuts to get it rolling.

Good luck with your tests.

Did great on my exams... Thanks! I haven't got around to using that seconds timer yet... But I plan on using it at the new spot along with that light stand... ;) it's just slow going right now. Really a bit disorganized. I'm mostly focused on getting the lake house bumpin now that I have things back on track... But school is out for a few weeks! Work will be done!

This is one of those trade secrets I make small mention of here and there. I live in CO and you best believe competition out here is fucking insane. We have plenty of clueless idiots pumping out shit, especially since the new law....., but we also have the highest concentration of skilled growers of any where i've ever lived. There is a reason you never seen the newer "elites" in my grow, usually something I selected personally from a large pool ;). If I still dealt with dispensarys it would be much easier for me to argue prices, because i'm the only person with that particular variety. Still makes it easier to keep my customers loyal. Just starting to get things dialed at the new spot, so ya'll havn't seen her true potential. Rest assured, once dialed in that romulan will spank the shit out of just about any "elite" clone on market today. I say that having just spent the last few days in a cloud of cookies and tahoe og. BTW not super impressed with cookies. Really good shit, just not my bag......

Anyway, jack has me rambling again....... Glad to see things falling into place for ya bro. Going to be a shift in grower mentality once our little group shows the world the true potential of vert. Honestly though i'm most excited for a lil friendly competition between us vert brothers, once "the one" is found and *cough* makes it's way to the lucky few . Strawberry is setting the standard atm, but i'm betting on finding something superior in the hunt. Though I might need ta grow her to be sure I have in fact found something better

Huh... I was expecting more of a tone of fear of losing the competition... But I guess you're still in this... :biglaugh: :hotbounce

I've grown many many plants... And once the straw dd is dialed in, it's hard to find something that beats her as a total package... But you'll have the opportunity to tell me that yourself soon enough. ;)

Mister_D

Veteran
Huh... I was expecting more of a tone of fear of losing the competition... But I guess you're still in this...

Ha, you act like i've never seen 400 empty cups of perlite before sheeesh :laughing:. Just because i've been working out of state, and i'm a couple weeks behind you on taking several hundred cuts, doesn't mean i'm worried :biggrin:. I have 35 romulan mothers getting ready to supply the needed cuts for monocropping my racks. I will admit you finally getting your shit together is motivating me to do the same :woohoo: , and maybe i'm a lil envious of gmax and FHC's canopies too :biggrin:. I'll be sure to let you know about the strawberry once I have her dialed, as i'm sure you'll do the same with whatever ends up getting sent your way :smokeit:

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
Glad to hear you did well on your exams.
Honestly you have been an inspiration to get back into school, while I am growing. I would be starting in Jan but loosing my harvey changed my plans for a bit.

Hope this next year you have some Ledgendary pulls from your set ups.

Mister_D

Veteran
Bobble - Forgot to say :respect: for doing well in school and holding down your grow at the same time. Your future is looking bright bro :biggrin:.

Honestly you have been an inspiration to get back into school, while I am growing. I would be starting in Jan but loosing my harvey changed my plans for a bit.

Really sucks about your set-back, but don't let it discourage you from getting back into school. You definitely have the skill set to bounce back and move forward. Just remember this type of shit happens to us playas from time to time ;). I'm pulling for everyone to achieve legendary yields :biggrin:.

Last edited:

BldSwtTrs

Bobs man I see you taking cuts with the cups and perlite, but you never gave my plugs a shot. These plugs are special and are pre-soaked with a special solution so you don't need rooting compound of any kind. The plugs even already come in treys of 50.

I might have 2-3 in the whole trey that don't root... I dropped 4 120 site EZ cloners and only use these.

Would be happy to send you a few treys so you can give em a try. 8 bucks a piece... cant be beat...

bobblehead

Veteran
The strawdd is a great cut. It looks great in my mediocre grow and really stands out.

Thanks. I'm happy to here she stands out.

First of all thanks... and next is the lecture!

Take out student loans if you don't have the money to pay for it outright. Federal loans are super low interest, lower than a car payment or a mortgage. It makes more sense to take out loans for your education, and pay outright for things like housing, transportation, food, utilities, etc... And go into debt for your education. Why? Because when you're done, you'll have more opportunity to make money both legitimate and illicit. Those monthly loan payments won't hurt you when you're making more money. Just don't go to school for business administration or something like that. lol... Do something that you know will lead to gainful employment upon graduation.

Colleges and universities accept cash if you have it. It's a great way to wash your dirty money. Books are fucking expensive too.

Anyway, I'm not directly using my degree right now... but it made me a better business person... and a better grower. Get your ass in school. You can't afford not to, b/c this whole industry is coming down soon enough.

Thanks for the well wishes.

to bobble and mega for the cookie cross !!
this is an awesome and the true spirit of sf beans.

Congrats on snagging a pack! Those were limited edition. :)

Bobs man I see you taking cuts with the cups and perlite, but you never gave my plugs a shot. These plugs are special and are pre-soaked with a special solution so you don't need rooting compound of any kind. The plugs even already come in treys of 50.

I might have 2-3 in the whole trey that don't root... I dropped 4 120 site EZ cloners and only use these.

Would be happy to send you a few treys so you can give em a try. 8 bucks a piece... cant be beat...

Yeah dude you're right I did forget about your trays... We'll be in touch soon enough though. ;)

Grabbed two packs of the USD x hindu/skunk :biggrin:

Thanks for supporting the server fund and megaburbank/bobblebeans productions!

And thanks for the props. It means a lot coming from an old fart like you. :moon:

peace out... I have gardening to do.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm so proud (sniff)....

I'm so proud (sniff)....

finally my elite genetic skeelsz are being realized! (LMAO inside joke)

Ohhh I just noticed the ICMag Donor tag ....cool!

picture.php

Megaburbank