What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bobblehead overtakes

D

DHF

When I first started runnin that bitch , the interveinal chlorosis pretty much happened on every plant toward the outer and lower extremities , but just spotty and not dominant with NO ill health effects showin up , but.....

Kept fuckin with more Cal/Mag and waaaaay sooner than later it was a rarity to see any fucked up fans in any of the flip rooms.....so.....

What`s that tell us boys and girls ?.....that it`s a "feed" need IME instead of the dreaded "TMV" everyone`s been freakin out over ever since the first Chem D started showin those funky traits.....

Just a genetic marker that`s screamin GIMME MO CALMAG.....or at least that`s what stopped it in my lil world...but....could possibly be environmental/lack of humidity although I never had that problem.....anyways....

Chem D ftw in my old head opinion , and I`ve run buncha finicky elites in my day....Wish I`d had the patience to dial in pre-98 Bubba , cuz between the 2 my arthritis and insomniac meds`d be covered front to back....but....

Gettin Bubba to yield in a production environment is all but impossible with her no stretchin lack of canopy developin ass , so I culled it , but love love love the shit.....

Carry on Bobbles.....you know the drill....

Peace....Freds....:ying:......

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Nothing but excitement going on in bobbleville, fair play mate your doing a great job, love the stadium!

That leaf picture looks familiar lol, looks like you have the same Chem D bro, I'm near 100% sure that it isn't TMV, I think she has a problem processing chlorophyll. From what I've researched, chlorophyll at an atomic level has got magnesium in it's centre, so it would make sense that the variegation clears up once higher levels of Mg are introduced. She seems to have a problem producing equal amounts of chlorophyll. I like to feed her some calmag to the variegation clears up then I drop it and start feeding her at a higher EC, I usually don't see the variegation again until flush. As DHF says, it doesn't seem to affect her in a bad way but if it can be fixed I'd rather fix it, chlorophyll is a major part of photosynthesis so why take the risk.

Anyhow lets rock this thread bobble! Nothing but greatness in here!

HGO

Last edited:
D

DHF

Nothing but excitement going on in bobbleville, fair play mate your doing a great job, love the stadium!

That leaf picture looks familiar lol, looks like you have the same Chem D bro, I'm near 100% sure that it isn't TMV, I think she has a problem processing chlorophyll. From what I've researched, chlorophyll at an atomic level has got magnesium in it's centre, so it would make sense that the variegation clears up once higher levels of Mg are introduced. She seems to have a problem producing equal amounts of chlorophyll. I like to feed her some calmag to the variegation clears up then I drop it and start feeding her at a higher EC, I usually don't see the variegation again until flush. As DHF says, it doesn't seem to affect her in a bad way but if it can be fixed I'd rather fix it, chlorophyll is a major part of photosynthesis so why take the risk.

Anyhow lets rock this thread bobble! Nothing but greatness in here!

HGO
Always the voice of reason HGO.....Been dependin on Bobbles for the scientific/botany end of things explanation wise as to what I did and why it worked to accomplish my dialage .......but....

Makes total sense as to how sensitive the bitch is if yas don`t give her what she wants....sheesh....these elites....

My Mex Skunk Hybrid would root like all fuck in 7 days and be off to the races , as to where I waited up to 3 weeks for that Chem D whore to have enough roots to push under T-5`s and then force into the flip rooms........and then....

OMG the shit I had ta do to pamper and find that bitches sweet spot.....anyways....

Finishin up some pig off the smoker and time ta eat....

Peace...DHF...:ying:.....

Last edited by a moderator:

bobblehead

Veteran
I have to agree with HGO about the chlorosis being something genetic... B/c i saw this trait in the chem ix iv f2's i'm growing. HGO says he's seen tests where the plant came up negative for TMV. Originally I thought maybe there was a clean cut and a dirty cut being circulated... Now i know that my plant is the exact same as HGO's. I'm not a botanist, but there's clearly an issue with the chem D's chloroplasts, and it's genetic cause as i mentioned, i've seen it in the chem D progeny. TMV isn't supposed to be passed on genetically... So it's safe to say that it's not TMV.

V

Veg N Out

Should look towards epsom salt and some Iron DPTA for curing the chlorsis..Sulfur and Mag & Iron are key..>You want to apply these with out adding any more Nitrates (Cal Mag Plus has Calcium and Magnesium Nitrate..)..>Especially if you're not using Organic proteins as your nutrient sources...

ps>> tmv is a RNA virus & is 100% passed thru seed

bobblehead

Veteran
Should look towards epsom salt and some Iron DPTA for curing the chlorsis..Sulfur and Mag & Iron are key..>You want to apply these with out adding any more Nitrates (Cal Mag Plus has Calcium and Magnesium Nitrate..)..>Especially if you're not using Organic proteins as your nutrient sources...

ps>> tmv is a RNA virus & is 100% passed thru seed

Thanks for the tip on using epsom salts... That's the plan for later in flower. Cal/mag seems to work well in the beginning.

I'm going to have to ask you to back your statement about TMV being passed through seed with scientific literature however...

Infection

After its multiplication, it enters the neighboring cells through plasmodesmata. For its smooth entry, TMV produces a 30 kDa movement protein called P30 which enlarge the plasmodesmata. TMV most likely moves from cell-to-cell as a complex of the RNA, P30, and replicase proteins.

It can also spread through phloem for longer distance movement within the plant. Moreover, TMV can be transmitted from one plant to another by direct contact. Although TMV does not have defined transmission vectors, the virus can be easily transmitted from the infected hosts to the healthy plants, by human handling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tobacco_mosaic_virus

I've studied biology and microbiology, and we covered genetics and viruses in both of those classes... Please explain away.

From the literature I've read... It's possible to have the virus on the seed casing, and infect the sprout when it germinates. I've also read that the progeny of plants infected with TMV, are actually TMV resistant. That's evolution in the works right their. The plant gets infected, and the virus causes mutations in the plant's DNA that are passed on to it's progeny. Not to mention that if the Chem D had TMV, I would be able to pass it on to my other plants... and I've never ever heard of a case of a TMV outbreak from a gardener holding the Chem D clone.

So... Like I said I'm not a botanist, or a geneticist... but your claim doesn't jive.

IMO it's a genetic mutation, something to do with the chloroplasts... Maybe trouble processing Mg, being why it needs a lot? Anyway... It's clearly a recessive trait, b/c it's not in all of the chem ix iv f2's I'm growing, only 1/5. I bet in the initial crosses it never came out, but the more inbreeding you do, the more recessive traits come out.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
edI had a cut for a bit - a Chem D x Sour D IBL ie ChemSour, that when having a Ca/Mg def. it would go straight blotched and neon green in those spots on the leaves. It was crazy. Had no clue at all what was going on and I isolated the plant all terrified I was going to lose my whole garden....

A bit of extra Mg was all it needed to keep looking like a normal plant...and oh my goodness, what a stunner of a plant. I sure hope I get a chance to run that cut again.

About that being passed. I'm running a couple ChemSour x Digi Bx1 now and I've not seen that surface to date...but it isn't like I've sorted 500 seeds of it either...quite the opposite. Only a few.

dank.Frank

Last edited:
V

Veg N Out

Hey I was never saying Chem D had TMV ...Actually I've never seen a a Mosaic'd leaf ...Only ones that are variegated.....:) When I am not so swamped I'll dig up some stuff for ya...but right now I'm going to go install 200 more sprinklers and get these plants out door...That's the REAL vertical growing right there!! (Outdoor)

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
And the debate continues.......LOL

I don't think we'll ever figure it out, I have seen it tested twice for TMV and both times were negative plus I have taken cuts from Chem D, then other strains with the same pair of scissors, it did not spread to the other plants.

HGO

gingerale

Veteran
Its not tmv. Ive seen variations of the same mutation myself in different phenos from various strains. One of my ssh x nh phenos has the mutation almost exactly like yours, but the leaf also curves toward the yellow side. It seems to be expressed much more prominently in lower light situations; add more light and it mostly clears up.

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
edI had a cut for a bit - a Chem D x Sour D IBL ie ChemSour, that when having a Ca/Mg def. it would go straight blotched and neon green in those spots on the leaves. It was crazy. Had no clue at all what was going on and I isolated the plant all terrified I was going to lose my whole garden....

A bit of extra Mg was all it needed to keep looking like a normal plant...and oh my goodness, what a stunner of a plant. I sure hope I get a chance to run that cut again.

About that being passed. I'm running a couple ChemSour x Digi Bx1 now and I've not seen that surface to date...but it isn't like I've sorted 500 seeds of it either...quite the opposite. Only a few.

dank.Frank

the uk cheese does this same thing i noticed it to be a cal mag def also.

bobblehead

Veteran
And the debate continues.......LOL

I don't think we'll ever figure it out, I have seen it tested twice for TMV and both times were negative plus I have taken cuts from Chem D, then other strains with the same pair of scissors, it did not spread to the other plants.

HGO

There is no debating scientific fact... lol It's not a virus. It would take a person much more educated than myself to get to the bottom of this... but my guess is that at some point, a virus altered the DNA of a cannabis plant, and did something to the part of the DNA that codes for chloroplasts that the plant wasn't able to correct 100%. This common ancestor passed it's DNA on to many of the varieties we have today... and this trait only pops up some of the time b/c it's recessive. Plants do crazy things when they're stressed out, and all sorts of recessive traits will present themselves. Just my .02...

:tiphat:

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
I agree bobble, I'd bet the house on it not being TMV or any other kind of virus, but sadly as long as people have access to the internet there is always gonna be a debate about it :(

I've got a very special cut of C4D (Chem#4 x Chem D) it's a Chem#4 leaning pheno, she is better than the Chem D cut for sure, total knockout with a very good yield, and the smell.....:headbange Oh and no chlorosis.

Have you run Chem#4 yet?

bobblehead

Veteran
I agree bobble, I'd bet the house on it not being TMV or any other kind of virus, but sadly as long as people have access to the internet there is always gonna be a debate about it :(

I've got a very special cut of C4D (Chem#4 x Chem D) it's a Chem#4 leaning pheno, she is better than the Chem D cut for sure, total knockout with a very good yield, and the smell.....:headbange Oh and no chlorosis.

Have you run Chem#4 yet?

Nope, I haven't had the pleasure. I know CHACO has a nice Chem 4D cut floating around... Where did yours come from? I grew some Chem4D beans myself. They were nice, but the labels for the clones got all mixed up and I couldn't keep track of what was what...

Since that time... My seed collection has grown into the 1,000's... lol and I know if I want something all I have to do is talk to somebody, so I never bought more. I wouldn't mind having a Chem4D find it's way over here..

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wouldn't mind you posting a few pics of that you know what...even if it is a little whack...

dank.Frank

bobblehead

Veteran
I wouldn't mind you posting a few pics of that you know what...even if it is a little whack...

dank.Frank

Just give me till the end of the week... She's 3 hours away. I haven't taken pics of that room in several weeks now. I've gotta go back and look at when I loaded week 1 photos so I can find out how far along that room is... lol and is there a reason we're not naming said clone? Just wondering.

bobblehead

Veteran
Hey guys... I got kinda ill last week and was vomiting all over... So I didn't go back to the grow for 1.5 weeks. No major disasters, but I'm still having a few issues... 1. My a/c doesn't work. I'm pissed. I'm going back to heat exchangers. I have a 3/4" solenoid, and I'm going to hard plump the radiators, and have the waste go down the drain. The solenoids will be plugged into cooling controllers, so that I'm not wasting water. 2. A lot of my new clones died after transplanting from perlite to coco. I need to make some changes to how I'm cloning... Like keeping the cuts in flats instead of beds of perlite. I'm also going to give cloning in cups of coco another go. I have some large Chem D moms, but I have other heavy yielding clones that have good potency, and clone much easier... I think I may need to shift my focus elsewhere.

My camera batteries were dead on arrival, and I didn't bring the charger... So I snapped a few shots with the cell phone.. I totally forgot about taking a picture of the Headband stadium, but it's doing well, as is the new hexagon.

Harvest shots...

dank.frank's CD x NL, or is it actually CD x SD IBL? Anyway, this plant is chunky and super frosty. I'm probably going to have it tested.
picture.php

picture.php

Reddy1's MAT x Chem D- this is a nice 50/50 pheno that can be found in the seeds.
picture.php

Golden Goat- Super chunky, smells and looks like a Trainwreck on steroids.
picture.php