What's new

bobblehead overtakes

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
RE>Keep yer pecker in yer britches when yas go cuz Thailand actually Bangkok is over ridden with AIDS

LOL Freds I wasn't going to go their BUT I thought it, man I wish their were not the hermy problem with those Thai genetics (you bummed me out DHF)....I have SUCH good memories in early 75' - 78 getting those awsome Thai Sticks dipped in Opium man they were just the shit and we would just get blazed to the core back then with VERY little herb! Ahhh good memories!

I am hearing Africa has some awesome genetics maybe you go to Thailand Bobble and I'll go to Africa and compare...that would be a trip! Maybe even a quick sweep up to Morocoo I have a place to stay with my old ML partners family in Morocco anytime I get their!

blueberrydrumz

ICMag Donor
My last grow I pulled 4lbs off a similar setup. I can only hope to do better than that, and tell you my final goal is to be pulling down 8-10lbs, but I don't believe I'm quite that far yet.

hmmm 1gpw is my minimum, i was hitting 0.95-1.1gpw with ebb&flow horizontaly,
my goal is 2gpw this round, so about 6.5lbs runnin AK47 & Big Bud...
doubt ill make it, but thats my goal,
how long did you veg?
looks like you could have vegged a bit longer... but whot do i know :tiphat:
best of luck

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
anyone else see a connection between herm-traits in Thai beans and the high percentage of she-boys and girls w/ dicks in the Thai hooker population?

bobblehead

Veteran
RE>Keep yer pecker in yer britches when yas go cuz Thailand actually Bangkok is over ridden with AIDS

LOL Freds I wasn't going to go their BUT I thought it, man I wish their were not the hermy problem with those Thai genetics (you bummed me out DHF)....I have SUCH good memories in early 75' - 78 getting those awsome Thai Sticks dipped in Opium man they were just the shit and we would just get blazed to the core back then with VERY little herb! Ahhh good memories!

I am hearing Africa has some awesome genetics maybe you go to Thailand Bobble and I'll go to Africa and compare...that would be a trip! Maybe even a quick sweep up to Morocoo I have a place to stay with my old ML partners family in Morocco anytime I get their!

Sounds like fun Mega. If you're serious about wanting to grow out some landrace genetics, ACE has lots of landrace genetics that they've worked a few generations for stabilization before release.

hmmm 1gpw is my minimum, i was hitting 0.95-1.1gpw with ebb&flow horizontaly,
my goal is 2gpw this round, so about 6.5lbs runnin AK47 & Big Bud...
doubt ill make it, but thats my goal,
how long did you veg?
looks like you could have vegged a bit longer... but whot do i know :tiphat:
best of luck

2gpw with 1800w is 8lbs. 6.5lbs is 1.65gpw. With AK47 and Big Bud this is certainly achievable. It's not exactly connoisseur smoke, but w/e works in your area. Given how my strain stretches, I happen to think that most of them are the perfect size to have 2 in a bag. The runts are obviously too small, that's why they're called runts. I don't recall how long I vegged, probably 2 weeks from rooted clone. I had trouble getting enough clones to root. I'm getting better at that though.

My advise to you sir, it to not count your chickens before the eggs hatch... and then don't put all of your eggs in one basket. I quit having yield expectations, and I just do my best to keep the plants happy and healthy. Yield is one of the final indicators of how well you did, but not the whole story.

anyone else see a connection between herm-traits in Thai beans and the high percentage of she-boys and girls w/ dicks in the Thai hooker population?

lol... Yeah, I've actually put thought into this before... Both the plants and the people are really confused... But then again, homosexuality is supposed to be genetic. Maybe we're just a bunch of homophobes. Breeders try and breed out those natural hermie traits. The Catholic Church would like to cast out your gayness if you'll let them. Fuckin evil spirits...

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
RE> The Catholic Church would like to cast out your gayness if you'll let them. Fuckin evil spirits...

Homophobe Thai Stick...approved and blessed by your local priest LMAO!

G

GMax

damn bobble i am loving the setup....so crisp and clean...dont respond much but i check you thread every time i log on.....gl and keep it

D

DHF

Look....all my old head gro-bro`s at the invite only sites LOVE old school sativa genetics....but...the shit they go through ta grow em inside is nauseating to me....

Mega....as Bobbles said the only wayta run beans these days is ta make sure they`re worked and the bad shit`s been bred out of em....if that`s at all possible....dunno.....but .......

Stabilization as in most all pheno`s resemble each other is about as far as most breeders these days go...No offense to breeders...but....

I mean this in the nicest way possible since I saw how happy you were with the Tangerine Haze mishap.....bottom line........

You cannot trust truer sativa genetics...motherfuckers will hermie on yas if yas turn around and fart wrong...they`re very sensitive to light leaks , too much juice/higher EC , ambient temps etc...........

If it`s later in flower when nanners pop , then seeds will be undeveloped lil white nuisances ...and then there`s the nanners or real male flowers that pop out of nowhere early on , pollinate like a mofo , dry up and fall on the floor without anyone knowing , and the rest is history come harvey......

Anyways.....Bobbles....thanks fer da kewl pics....

Peace.....Freds.....:ying:.....

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow DHF...yeah maybe I should leave the landraces to the experts....if I ever get more grow room it would be fun JUST to have a room to run those one-off strains just to see what they do, how they effect people, what medicinal effects they have High CBD vc high THC etc.....

I only wish I had been smarter back in 77 - 80....I could have CLEANED up growing outside since I had access to acres of foothills that were extremely private on my families compound/cabin up in Oakhurst....(slaps forehead)....I could be like DHF sitting in hell , eating pussy and good ribs! LOL

bobblehead

Veteran
mega, you really gotta heed Fred's advice here. Even if it is for funzies, a grow that releases pollen can ruin a production room next to it. Not only is the pollen in the air, but you'll transfer it via your clothing as well. Remember all of those grape skunk crosses? I definitely wasn't trying to pollinate everything in the room....

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bobble..cmon you KNOW who your talking too? WTF do you think I JUST dealt with lol......from now on I am striclty a lesbian....NO MALES ALLOWED....I have been making "budder" for the last two days from the last fucking run that I had that "light" issue with.....goddamn green painted bulbs....lol I was just remembering how much I used to love those old school 70's and early 80's sativa's and especially the strains from Thailand and Pananma (ahh old Panama Red)..sighhh good times!

btw...your Grape SKunk was the shit! I wish I had some seeds of that to run outside!

bobblehead

Veteran
i finally finished overtaking the heater core in my truck... Having to remove the dash is no joke. Had to be done though, cause it's been cold the past week w/o heat. :freezing:

D

DHF

Believe this....if you dial your shit from a-z , there`s no reason for hermie traits to present themselves due to no stress perfect everything.......

I hear folks bitchin bout Chem D hermie`n constantly......but they still grow the bitch.....I never once had any residual /accidental beans in my clone only Chem D`s and I ran 1000`s on 1000`s of cuts......but....

Sativa genetics are bound from the get to proliferate and keep the generations goin cuz it don`t fuckin matter when yas pull the males.....the whores`ll supply the dust....bet on it.....

Even my skunk hybrid I ran forever and a day would still pollinate a couple limbs n my krusty and ebb and flow bucket rooms till I lost her....

Chem D didn`t have shit on that whore.....and she`d root in 5-7 days with reckless abandon and I knew her backwards and forwards.....anyways.....

I put up with a lot learnin howta grow this shit OUTSIDE back in the 70`s and 80`s Mega.....inside was babyshit once I knew the rules.....anyways....moral of the story....

Find your hybrids for production rooms.....get ta know em....squeeze everything yas can out of em and reap whatchas sew.....

Play with your experiments OUTSIDE and pollinate the whole valley since the shit can float for up to a mile and still be viable WHEN the nanners and male flowers burst forth.....

If I could grow outside again in Hell legally with what I`ve learned over the yrs , there`d be 10 lb giant pumpkins all OVER my cow pasture , and what`s even better......

The organic shit`s already in the soil from the cows and my compost bins for well over 25 yrs and my veggie gardens never need nuttin but water.....yr after yr....

Mega.....I grew all those old shool genetics you`re reminising on , and the big disappointment is the low germination and high male to female ratio with the pheno`s...plus....it`ll never come out like what you remember as in say panama red....Shit was red when I bought it , and green as a gourd when I grew it cuz it`s about WHERE it`s grown that matters most....and OMG....

The different pheno`s...We culled 100`s a yr......Me and my hippie ass redneck botany genius pothead partner would germinate and plant literally 10`s of 1000`s over a 6-7 month period and keep puttin out new plants every couple weeks or so from mid march to mid july to hedge our bets and actually harvey with all the deer and rabbit problems along with hunters comin in the woods in late september till december in deer season....oh and I forgot....

The sheer huge ass numbers of males we pulled before clone knowledge the first few yrs would choke a goat......and did I say earlier bout 20 ft tall plants with only 1/2 lb on the bitches....and then after we thought we had everything under control , the hermies started poppin up outta nowhere...Ya`ll know the rest....

Nuttin easy ever came Fred`s way without hard work and perseverance...fuck outside....usedta live with them bitches the last month or so be fore harvey....

Can you say I hate ticks and skeeters and critters as a whole.....always have after that......once I found out howta automate feed inside and only go to each setup nce a week life got easier....but it`s been an uphill climb all the way.......

Got some ribs on the smoker as we speak Mega.....4 hrs and ready ta come off after I slather em with Fred`s special sauce.....Come getchas sum....

Ya`ll handle it.....Freds.....:ying:......

Edit: Sorry bout yer heater core Bro.....Bullshit ta deal with in winter mode....

Stay warm...Peace....

Last edited:

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hope your warm and Toasty buddy, just got out of surgery, still got my junk...hernia is on the mend.....hope you get the truck fixed....take care!

bobblehead

Veteran
it`s been an uphill climb all the way.......

Ain't that the truth... None of this comes easy. NONE of it.

I've confirmed that my chem cut is the D... I got to compare it to a whole crop of the confirmed sister. I've gotta say none of my sativa-leaning plants can compare to the fat skunk buds... Only the Straw DD compares. I"m just gonna have to keep growing her till I get it right, or find something better from seed... Cause I'm about done trading clones, let me tell ya... I'm DONE trading clones. I'm not inviting another bug into my garden.

I have the Headband, ChemD among my elites... and thousand of $ in seeds to sort through...

RespectGreen

Veteran
Lol learned ur lesson, huh? Seems u 3 certain people just trade bugs to each other :) j.k keep it clean homie and keep the dough comin!

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I have not traded with them but I am sure I got some of their bugs. I think it was called Ultimate Strawberry Mite. It's a cross between indica and sativa mite.

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ain't that the truth... None of this comes easy. NONE of it.

I've confirmed that my chem cut is the D... I got to compare it to a whole crop of the confirmed sister. I've gotta say none of my sativa-leaning plants can compare to the fat skunk buds... Only the Straw DD compares. I"m just gonna have to keep growing her till I get it right, or find something better from seed... Cause I'm about done trading clones, let me tell ya... I'm DONE trading clones. I'm not inviting another bug into my garden.

I have the Headband, ChemD among my elites... and thousand of $ in seeds to sort through...

Sorry bro for the clone problem....I've been real lucky those killer Alaskan Ice strain was some clones I picked up in Santa Clara off a guy I know...but he is a pretty good grower in his own area (horizontal)......got your PM brother....it's all good hang in their!

bobblehead

Veteran
So I met the neighbor today... And by the neighbor, I mean THE neighbor. We got to talking, and he was able to confirm that all of the other places are just summer cottages, with no year-round residents. Yeah buddy! Now I just need enough money to make him a cash offer on his house and get him to move away... lol

I built this new room to be bulletproof... And so far it has been. I've only had to make minor adjustments thus far with the feed system. Every plant gets water, light, and air... I couldn't be happier. Well, unless I had blumats so I didn't have to vacuum up excesss water...

2 weeks
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is what makes the Straw DD a yield-monster... She inherited the Chem/skunk tight internode bud structure.
picture.php