What's new

Blynx's 1 sqft CFL cab & other CFL micro cabs

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Since I'm running a scrog this round will have only one plant in it, a Sweet Widow Lavender that I had sitting around and liked the structure of.

Sweet Widow Lavender

cfltestcab_15thrun_03_pre-transplant_canopy.jpg

Here she is after transplanting

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1 sq ft
picture.php

Here's the plant in the cab.

I'm going to let her veg for a little bit to get her roots established, then I'll throw on the screen.

:joint:

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
It's time for the next round in the 1sq ft cfl cab and I decided to try something different this time, a scrog.

Originally I was going to make a wooden frame, but after doing some calculations I decided not to go with a wooden frame. I am dealing with such a small area to begin with that I would lose too much space by using a wooden frame so I had to come up with a different scrog method.

Here is what I ended up with. The screen was originally on the bottom of the cab as a spacer between the intake vent holes and the bottoms of the goldfish boxes I usually use in this cab.

The container is a cut down 5 gal bucket. The wood could have gone on the outside of the container but I put them inside strictly for appearance purposes lol.

Brilliant idea ! But why did you put the wood poles inside the pot and not outside ? It consume root space and the wood will be affected by the constant humidity of the dirt and the appearance will suffer.

:tiphat:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Brilliant idea ! But why did you put the wood poles inside the pot and not outside ? It consume root space and the wood will be affected by the constant humidity of the dirt and the appearance will suffer.

:tiphat:

Originally I thought I wouldn't be able to fit the container inside the cab if I put them on the outside of the container. It wasn't until I after I attached the poles and stuck the container inside the cab that I saw it would have fit.

Oh well, I do like the look of them inside the container and not on the outside. I think the root space taken up will be minimal and I'm not really worried about them rotting, that will take a while.

I will probably run four plants again next round. I'm not really sure how much use this scrog will get because I already have a cfl scrog cab, this is just to change things up a bit.

:joint:

TonyGreenHand

I recently started using skewers for staking down my smaller plants too. I found if you slowly break them with even pressure they will fold over, breaking half of the skewer. You can use it just like you would an L stake for a tent. I've had them on for the last 4 days and they kept the plant down perfectly.

Great looking new room blynx!

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the 1sq ft cab after the end of it's first week of veg

1sq ft cfl cab

Day 07 Veg

Here she is in the cab

JHerbz

Your C99 BX1 x GK looks awesome, most likely gonna do a single plant SCROG next round...

What was your heaviest nug? you record that kinda info? :p

Cant wait to see the next scrog take off.

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
nice to see the straw c back so soon in the rotation , liking the thinner leaves of the straw c

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the 11" x 11" cfl cab after the end of it's fourth week of flowering.

C99 x Sweet Widow Lavender

Day 28 Flower

cflwhitecab_7thrun_day28f_03_c99xswl_in_cab_lights_off.jpg cflwhitecab_7thrun_day28f_04_c99xswl_in_cab_closeup02_lights_off.jpg

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

T

The Sensi Rebel

Someone get this guy a warehouse! You micro growers never cease to amaze me. If only you guys got a bigger space! Even a 4x4 would be a fucking raw setup with your skills brother.

Grow on.

~>TSR

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Someone get this guy a warehouse! You micro growers never cease to amaze me. If only you guys got a bigger space! Even a 4x4 would be a fucking raw setup with your skills brother.

Grow on.

~>TSR

Thanks!

Actually I do have, and have been running, a larger area with HPS since before I built any of these micro cabs.

IMO, for micro grows, a better measure of efficiency than gpw is yield per sq ft, so I built the 1sq ft cfl cab to see what I could pull out of 1sq ft. Whatever I yielded would give me that answer, no calculations needed.

I enjoyed making and using that cab so I added a couple more to try different variations and methods of growing in them.

I also built them to show that you can grow quality bud in a small area with not that much work. If you aren't a heavy smoker, a single cfl cab should supply your needs. If you are a heavy smoker, then build two cabs!

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the 11" x 11" cfl cab shortly after the end of it's fifth week of flowering.

C99 x Sweet Widow Lavender

Day 36 Flower

cflwhitecab_7thrun_day36f_03_c99xswl_in_cab_lights_off.jpg cflwhitecab_7thrun_day36f_04_c99xswl_in_cab_closeup02_lights_off.jpg

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php