What's new

Blynx's 1 sqft CFL cab & other CFL micro cabs

G

GreenGooma

Good stuff here Blynx. I'm just switching my cab over from a 250HPS to a 70HPS with 2x26W flouros. This thread makes me expect I can get some decent results with a micro setup.

I've done some bigger grows, vegging under 250, flower under 400, flouros for seeds & clones, thermostatic controlled fans, humidistat controlled humidifier with autofill reservior, etc. etc. Too much work for what I'm trying to do; threads like this brought me back to the basic low tech approach. Props to ya! :tiphat:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the scrog cab after it's first week of flowering.

Lady G1 x SD IBL

Day 07 Flower

picture.php

The plant was trained some more around day 4 of flowering. I'll keep doing some training with new growth under the screen for a little longer, then I'll let her do her thing.

:joint:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the 1sq ft cab after it's first week of flowering

1sq ft cfl cab

picture.php

picture.php

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
the la cons leaves are pretty thin, i was under impression that waS more indica cross from what i read over tha past , whats the buzz like on that? do the leaves get fatter as it flowers ? ive seen lots of crosses that start more indica and then leaves look more sat in flowering and makes long buds, is this the opposite ?

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the 11" x 11" cfl cab after the end of it's second week of flowering.

Indiana Bubblegum

Day 14 Flower

SpecialEd

Yeah, don't mean to knock ya down, but you're gonna need some serious help in the head room department bro. Maybe consider cleaning up everything under the screen, then givin er a buzz cut. Just my 2 cents. Hope you can get it to work out Man :pimp3:

Coming into this thread a little late as I haven't been on the site for a while but I am pulling up a seat. I moved to a different location and no longer have any of my larger equipment that I used to have so I have had to consider a grow cab set up. I lost damn near everything that I owned between moving and dealing with a flood. Would you say they (cabs) are worth the effort? I haven't smoked in a while due to funds and other things like looking for a full time job situation but I tend to go through a lot when I do so I am not sure if they would meet the usage levels I am used to.

Yeah, don't mean to knock ya down, but you're gonna need some serious help in the head room department bro. Maybe consider cleaning up everything under the screen, then givin er a buzz cut. Just my 2 cents. Hope you can get it to work out Man :pimp3:

Blynx has this cab mastered Ed, if you go back through and filter blynx's post and look at the previous scrog runs, you'll see that hes got it down to a science!!

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran

She's only two weeks into flower and still being trained at this point; ie branches still being tucked under the screen, tied down, etc.

I like to leave the bottom stuff so the plant can feed on it and I remove the large fans as they die.

I do plan on trying to take some cuts from the lowest growth in mid to late flower just for the heck of it to see if I can get them to root.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the 1sq ft cab after it's second week of flowering

1sq ft cfl cab

picture.php

picture.php

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
all I can say is WoW just WoW.:lurk: r ur gardens of clones or from seed? and ur clones or from a dispensary? ID love to have a dispensary to get clones from.

happy newyears to u n urs. happy growing.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
all I can say is WoW just WoW.:lurk: r ur gardens of clones or from seed? and ur clones or from a dispensary? ID love to have a dispensary to get clones from.

happy newyears to u n urs. happy growing.

I only run (flower) clones in my cfl cabs.

The clones do not come from a dispensary, they come from cuts I took myself. I don't have mother plants. I go from clone to clone.

---

Here's the 11" x 11" cfl cab after the end of it's third week of flowering.

Indiana Bubblegum

Day 21 Flower

She was trained some more this week so all the buds are below and between the bulbs.

SpecialEd

Blynx has this cab mastered Ed, if you go back through and filter blynx's post and look at the previous scrog runs, you'll see that hes got it down to a science!!

You are absolutely right :yes: & I didn't not mean any offense :wallbash: I subscribe to so many grow threads that my old stoner brain easily forgets who's an old hand, & who's a newb that could maybe use a bit of friendly advice :bashhead:
Plants are looking healthy & happy blynx :pimp3: Stay safe & :smoke:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You are absolutely right :yes: & I didn't not mean any offense :wallbash: I subscribe to so many grow threads that my old stoner brain easily forgets who's an old hand, & who's a newb that could maybe use a bit of friendly advice :bashhead:
Plants are looking healthy & happy blynx :pimp3: Stay safe & :smoke:

Thanks, no offense taken.

---

Here's the scrog cab after it's third week of flowering.

Lady G1 x SD IBL

Day 21 Flower

picture.php