What's new

Blynx's 1 sqft CFL cab & other CFL micro cabs

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey blynx this scrog looked great ! Awesome work man :tiphat:

How much is far that screen from the lamps ? I have a cabinet just like your one, with 5x23w CFL but it's almost 60'' tall. Im running a Grapefruit and a White Widow in it without any training so next time i wanna try to do a scrog like yours i hope :D

Very good job, greetings from Italy :tiphat:
Thanks.

There are adjustable brackets along the insides of the cab, so the screen height can be changed.

The 42w bulbs hang down a little lower than the 23w bulbs do.

Currently the top of the screen is 7" from the bottom of the 42w bulbs and 7.5" from the bottom of the 23w bulbs.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the scrog cab after another eight days of veg.

Lady G1 x SD IBL

Day 21 Veg

picture.php

Time to get this girl under the screen.

picture.php

Gonna veg her under the screen for another week. Then the daylight cfls will be swapped out for soft white cfls and the timer set to 12/12 to commence flowering.

:joint:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the scrog cab after another week of veg. Time to start her flowering. :jump:

Lady G1 x SD IBL

Day 00 Flower (28 days veg time in scrog cab)

picture.php

I let the branches grow up for a day or two, then tuck the new growth under the screen to try to get the screen evenly filled.

Bulbs were changed from daylight to soft white immediately after these pictures were taken.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Hey Biynx - I noticed you're switching to soft white (3500k), have you run 5000k standalone for flower? I've been playing with the red spectrum lately, but I remember back when I first started the 5000k's seemed to pump out more resin. Could be all in my head though, thoughts?

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Biynx - I noticed you're switching to soft white (3500k), have you run 5000k standalone for flower? I've been playing with the red spectrum lately, but I remember back when I first started the 5000k's seemed to pump out more resin. Could be all in my head though, thoughts?

No I haven't tried flowering with daylight cfls. The daylight cfls I use are 6500k.

I did notice a big difference between vegging under soft white vs daylight. The plants under the daylight cfls vegged a lot quicker and healthier than they did for me under soft white.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the Indiana Bubblegum in the 11" x 11" cfl cab after she's been vegging for a week. Time to start her flowering. :dance013:

Indiana Bubblegum

Day 00 Flower (7 days veg in cab)

The daylight cfls were swapped out with soft white cfls immediately after these pictures were taken.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Holy cow man now you have the Indiana Bubblegum!

You are a BOSS with the CFLs and your genetics are killer!

This is going to be a show worth watching!

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The plants in the 1sq ft cab have were vegged in the cab for five days. Now its time to get them flowering. :dance013:

1sq ft cfl cab

picture.php

picture.php

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
ok , getting popcorn , putting my feet up on the back of someones chair , getting comfy for the next show.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the 11" x 11" cfl cab after the end of it's first week of flowering.

Indiana Bubblegum

Day 07 Flower

hey blynx, could you put up a shot of all of your cabs with sizes and strains? It'd be nice to have a reference to look at as all these shows go on at once, its hard to remember whats what you have so many awesome grows going all the time!! I'm pretty sure its 3 goin right now, the 1 sqft the 11"x11" and the scrog cab. Am i missing anything?

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey blynx, could you put up a shot of all of your cabs with sizes and strains? It'd be nice to have a reference to look at as all these shows go on at once, its hard to remember whats what you have so many awesome grows going all the time!! I'm pretty sure its 3 goin right now, the 1 sqft the 11"x11" and the scrog cab. Am i missing anything?

The strains change all the time and pics of the cabs are at the very beginning of this thread.

i guess its been forever since i've been at the beginning of your thread! Your white russian scrog blew my mind by the way! one of the reasons i started to grow!!! Keep up the good work blynx!

Latest posts

Latest posts