What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blunts XMAS Gift #2

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Blunt_69 said:
Personally.... I am still using what works, i have cropped over and over using this arrangment.. When you find something that works, you follow the golden rule and leave it the heck alone.

I have never had a problem with the top feed setup, however I did cover the yellow hose, now the only thing that remains exposed in the clear line. Yeah it might look ugly on camera but it doesnt cause any problems, as it drained back into the yellow line when pump is off, your just seeing a very thin layer buildup inside the hoses.....soo I ask why change it??

Yes, I totally agree with you about sticking to a working solution....and I was not commenting on the yellow hose out of aesthetic reasons, just from my knowledge of PVC and uPVC .... See Molyneux's "A practical guide to NFT" for the best explanation and advice on homebrewed Hydro I have found.

The reason why I would meddle with a good, working thing is precisely the "very thin layer buildup inside the hoses".....it would not be there if you used hard black uPVC.....it is a potential source of a "game over" problem, so FWIW, I would change the pipes personally.

A really nice grow BTW, looking like a very happy Xmas !

Blunt_69

the keeper of the creeper
Veteran
Thas.. cool..Well maybe on the next redesign of the trays....yes folks there is gonna be another 4th morph comming... But in response to your suggestion, I do not worry about the green buildup in the clear lines.. It just does not have any real impact on the system.

Thanks for checking out the show man.. Merry Christmas.. May your buds be fat and danky.!!! Nice gallary BTW!

here is my ode to a working gallary!!!! woooooooot!!!

As you can see they are starten to die....This is the only time of the season i can get them to turn purple... I can already see it starting!!ohhh.. boy dey are sticky iccky!!!

9118twinfattys.jpg

9118godddsknfgwekl.jpg

9118yummyyummy.jpg

9118Stickyickyickkyere.jpg

Ehhhhhhnother crop successfull!! cheers to all my hardcore readers !!!

peace!
9118Fckenehboyr363.jpg

Last edited:
B

Bigtimer7

Hell yea dude! Good job my man. How radical is your color changes? Do they really change that much? Anyways good job man and cant wait to see harvest pics.
- Looks like Xmas is going to be awesome!!!

Blunt_69

Veteran
Normally... I get no color changes... But when its colder out... They turn a nice pinkish purple..... I just saw it on a few leaves... must wait untill final flush....Usally i can get some of the buds to turn somewhat purple..Lettin them chew on the remainder of nutes untill i completely drain and refill with nothing but PH adjusted water..

E

EatShitake

Wow, Blunt. I don't check in for a few days, and your girls have blown up like a holy hand grenade! :D

Lookin' real good. Good luck down the final stretch!

:joint: :joint: :joint:

G

I`ll say it again........Hardta beat those Northern Lights.......Killer as always dewd...Merry X-mas Bluntster........Chaos........I`ve got a close bro in the UK that grows his plants in big rockwool blocks that sit down on 5 gallon buckets of hydroton and EVERY one of em are green as a gourd and covered with algae and it has absolutely no effect on his grows whatsoever and his yields are always over 1 gpw with multiple rooms.......Like Blunt said if it ain`t broke don`t fix it........I totally see yer point about not havin any algae at all and I`m with the same opinion ...........How good could it get with a more perfect environment..........I can`t see where Blunt`s done anything short of fillin up the area with as much buddage as could be possibly grown in the sq. ftg. available.......If he can get more out of the magic trays I`m sure he`s dead after it on the next morph dontchaknow.................Peace and puff puff pass...........DHF......... :joint: .......

Last edited:

Blunt_69

Veteran
EatShitake - aha... I like ninga... in a blink of an eye... go from skinny to fat!! Thanks for popping back in to see the latest progress

Actually folks I have again seen some areas indeed in need of some improvment... Specifically O2 in the upper trays.. The bubble wall isnt lasting as long or staying clog free as i had hoped... So I have come up with another plan to fix this issue. Just stay tuned for blunts next idea!!

DEDHEDFRED yeah i agree with ya and chaos.. I am looking to improve the trays once again.. I think some black PVC will be coming sooner then later... Im thinking i will pull one more crop with them the way they are, make sure my piggy bank is nice and full....im going to need it...Ive got some challenges to overcome..

Now.. ive changed my mind again.. for the flush... I am going to try a product called superleach.. I have seen first hand how it dissolves salt buildup from well used probes.. Now i wanna try it inside my rez to dissolve any left over salts and other buildups in the trays. Not much info on this product... so I hope it doesnt fawk anything up.. Apparntly just dump in let soak.. then flush... so I will be starting the flush tommorow.. after a 1 day soak using this product.

Any insight into this stuff would be appriciated..
thanks again to all for your support and watching my progress over the last year..It's been fun.. I'll be back!!!!

Last edited:

outame 2

Just in time for Christmas,just the way you planned it...just like me.Happy harvest man,and merry Christmas...

gride

Wow, what a jaw dropper.. good job ...again..
Blunt:"How does a completely enclosed, recirculating, zero water changes SWC system sound?? read on.This is the second morph of my self built Hydro system. It works."
Did you use the zero water change method on this run???

gride

you rule blunt..i am not worthy . i am not worthy

you rule blunt..i am not worthy . i am not worthy

Blunt_69 said:
I gave the system a mini flush as well, next top off will be using full stength again, just noticed a bit of leave tip burn, so im giving them some weaker solution at the time being. Things are filling in nicely!
---------------
fix the problem enitirely and drop the humidity into the 40% range using a dehumidifier
---------------
This round im gonna try a mollasses flush. and see if i like it

hi blunt. can't wait for your next run..
got a couple questions for you as im just getting started on a run myself

1. what do you mean by mini flush? is that like a 10-20% fish take water change??
2. the de-humidifier from the dump..what a score!! Would any old humidifier work??? how many watts do they use??
3. topping question blunt. when/how is best for topping???
4. do you use CO2???
5. "Laters bloom booster" ..is that the right spelling?? im looking around the net and i cant find it
6. hydrozyme. is that hydrozyme from grotech or something else??
i saw one called hygrozyme at the shop
sorry for so many questions blunt
i wanna learn from da best though =)

Last edited: