What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blunts XMAS Gift #2

sensiskrap

thanks a lot Blunt really appreciate the info, again.
looks like i got some work to do.
I knew it was to good to be true that all would go perfectly on my first grow.
could be worse i guess.

after reviewing several scrog grows here on IC, it seems that my plants should be further along at this point. im thinking that my over-trimming and powdery mildew are the cause. do i still have a chance at a good harvest, or am i doomed to low yield at this point?

Blunt_69

the keeper of the creeper
Veteran
sensiskrap - How many weeks did you say you were at??? they look like the have a long ways to go yet.

Man I could give you every answer you were ever looking for regarding growing hydroponically but untill you acually do, and gain some experiance, it's silly to assume that your plants are going to turn out perfect. Experiance is everything, as you learn your plants will react and everything will turn out the way you want it.Its takes time bro!

People are always looking for the secret knowledge to grow thet he biggest fattest quality nugs possible right away when really it doesnt matter how much you know untill you put it all into motion.. Wanna see some of my first hydo attempt after creating the trays?

Well im not giving you a choice.. HAHA.. Let me point out all my problems from the first run ever with the trays..here is a pic from my early days.

9118nightshot.JPG

9118goodnessme3.JPG

Ok this was taken the 2 days before the chop..

As you can see, i also had powdery mildew, my enviroment was less then ideal at this point way to humid . I sprayed them down with mildew stuff.. and man.. the weed tasted like crap and i flushed it to(this is the excat same stuff im growing now BTW) lets call this bud, a mother to my girls today from many moons ago!! see the tips of the leaves, not only are they slightly burn(to much bloom) they are also bent downwards due to PH problems. I was testing at the time with stupid drops. You can also see some defficientcies in the leaves, i had problems with ambeint temps and proper PPM testing/water. Lastly note bud size, not even close to the colas i pull from the trays now..NO crystals... shit... they sucked!! Its all about learning your enviroment and reading your plants on a day to day basis. lookat those prunig skills back then........ohh ya baby........ ya.....!!!lol

Having a trimeter helps huge, in a recirculating non run to waste system.Also keep in mind I am using a hortilux 1000W HPS over just 6 girls..

Last edited:
G

Truer words were never spoken......

Truer words were never spoken......

Tell em Blunt......Environment means everything.....It`s amazing how much you can see and benefit from with 3 or 4 runs under your belt.......You lookin killer over there Santa Blunt......X-mas buds OUGHTTA be decorated and lit up ..teehee......Take care dewd......DHF............

sensiskrap

had a very long night, and blunt, you just made me feel a lot better about my first grow. thanks for postin those old shots. i was expecting to run into problems, and tried to avoid them in my build, but w/out the experience how can you predict the problems in advance. honestly, i kinda relieved that my issue is fixable mildew as opposed to herms (which i was really worried about) or something worse.

i totally hear ya on everyone having some secret to max yield or success. also being into bonsai and reef tanks, im well aware how you need the experience (and learning from mistakes) to really succeed (and not some wonder additive or product). you cant imagine the time and energy those reef tanks take, unless you got one. i think what im trying to say is that even though i do check the ladies daily, i just dont know enough to read their stages/health yet (i probably had mildew for a week before you filled me in)

as mentioned, was up way late trimming, spraying, cleaning, etc. got a hepa filter in, and some moisture sucking crytals, gonna pick up a dehumidifier tomorrow too.

after spending all that time on em last night, i think i know what i did wrong. for the first 3 weeks of flower i was trimming and keeping all the tops pushed under the screen. the buds are filling out, but they didn't stretch, the canopy is very even, but only about 4-6 inches off the screen, i realized that the canopy is just too crowded and dense. no possibility for air flow through it. so i started trimming. this did not feel like the right thing to do, so i had to call my buddy who is experienced, not it scrogs though. we decided that if the leaves are covered in mildew, and are blocking all air flow then they need to go. like you said before, no trimming after 14days flower, but i dont think there was any other choice. i have no idea if i way over trimmed, and what it will do, but i pulled out a substantial amount of leaves. obviously not the ideal solution, but i guess somethings got to be sacrificed for the whole.

today went to the hydro shop and got some neem oil and a safe anti fungal spray, which are going on tonight or this weekend. also got a weight gain sugar additive; after reading that the leaves convert co2 and light into sugars, would adding this additive partially reduce the impact/stress of the heavy trim this late in flower?

today is about day 36-7 of flower, and the nugs do seem a little small, although there are a ton of em.
tired, damn, time to get red eyed and crash.
thanks again blunt.

Blunt_69

Veteran
Its official 25 days left till harvest!!!!!!

9118hoooboy5253.jpg

9118hoooboyyy31251.jpg

Have a great weekend folks!

Last edited:

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Are you still using the clear tube and the yellow tube in the system ?

I would personally ditch them and get some hard black plastic uPVC hoses in there.

Blunt_69

Veteran
Personally.... I am still using what works, i have cropped over and over using this arrangment.. When you find something that works, you follow the golden rule and leave it the heck alone.

I have never had a problem with the top feed setup, however I did cover the yellow hose, now the only thing that remains exposed in the clear line. Yeah it might look ugly on camera but it doesnt cause any problems, as it drained back into the yellow line when pumpo is off, your just seeing a very thin layer buildup inside the hoses.....soo I ask why change it??

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
I can smell those girls through my screen! Gotta love the NL genes for a great plant everytime. Lookin good man.

Blunt_69

Veteran
Technical difficulties...workin thru it..... man this sucks...

9118yes32542DECALresized.jpg

9118uhhuhhhhTAGGEDresixed.jpg

Last edited:

Blunt_69

Veteran
OK well... Since I cant post anymore pics.. I can tell you that my fruit is getting extreamly heavy.... I keep forgetting to buy some dang tomatoe cages...... PPMs have been steady between 1000 - 1100. PH - 6.1 and upper trays temps around 69-70. Almost every main stalk has produced some sugary looking fattness... It's going to be an excellent harvest!!!

Thanks for stoppin in guys and gals, will update when possible...

Blunt_69

Veteran
Itsgrowtime I monitor both upper trays temp and lower trays temps.

The uppers sit aound 69-70, where as the lower trays hover right around 65.

Took some stellar shots last night...but alas.. no way to post them.....hopefully by next week!!

.......................Never Mind..... It looks like they fixed the gallary..Wooooot!!!!

The colas together
9118cola3244425.jpg

dust off Vs Cola
9118dustoff_vs_bud.jpg

Snowy...kinda like outside
9118crystals14.jpg

Playing with the flash and white balance
9118fluckenblue.jpg

back of the room sugary frosty
9118YESSSSS4u3509238.jpg

Last edited:

Blunt_69

Veteran
Holy Crap!!! I just found a new way to vaporizer with ease without spending over 200$.....I must share..
First the story.

I purchased a SMD(surface mount device) rework station recently.I bought this unit specifically for the application of super fine soldering on todays electronics, since college days i have always wanted one. For those of you who are not familier with such a device, it consists of a pencil thin soldering iron, and the important hot air blower(this is how SMD devices are removed and replaced).Using diffrent tips it has the ability to unsolder/solder multiple leads off at the same time on various sized chips. Well its adjustable air & temp control, and comes with all these handy....tips!!!

So im thinkin im gonna practice with it on some old electronics..and...i get this idea.... Use it to superheat a glass pipe.... and vape!!!.... HOLY SHlT it workes!!!!!Like not just a little bit.. It works really really good.I havent even optimized use yet!!!

introducing the Kada SMD rework station..

9118Picture_0041.jpg

and here is the hot air blower..

9118Picture_0031.jpg

toasted......nicely toasted..... not only can i enjoy a quick vape hit whenever... i can also solder some micron shit at the same time!!! had to share!

Last edited:
G

guest5703

Dank vape haha! Great bud pics as well man, they really are frosty!