What's new

Blumat reservoir size?

G

greenmatter

IME counting the drops is NOT the way to go with blumats unless you want to drive yourself crazy

i've walked up to what looks like a runaway and left it alone. 30-45 minutes later the same blumat is letting a drop loose every 5 seconds and the plant is watered perfectly

i water the day before i put the blumats in and adjust a little tighter than a "clinging drop". over the next two or three days i make some micro adjustments according to the weight of the pots if i can lift them or by the "wet spot" that the blumats leave if i cant lift it.

usually the only time i adjust a blumat towards "dryer" is when there is water dripping out the bottom of a pot/bin

sonnydog's blumat thread is WAY worth reading! if you want to make blumats work, all the answers are there

OPT

Well, i cant check on them as much as you guys can, but last time i looked, i still think they havent let out anythign yet because they were still too moist.

But, i did use my tap water, and i think i should have used my R0....water isn't clear like when i first put it in, it's got floating shit in it, possibly from all the calcium , etc in my tap water, maybei should change it and use just R0 with my house and garden nutes?

I am using drip clean though.

OPT

Latest posts

Latest posts