What's new

Blumat auto watering

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
Sunny, you use LC's #1 with dry ferts too, correct?

Do you use any additives at all? LK, molasses, EWC tea or anything?

If so, how do you apply it? Do you handwater with it (this is what I do once or twice a week with one of the three) or do you add it to the res?

Same goes for anyone else using a "super soil" and watering MAINLY plain water using Blumats.

Hi, BBB
See link in my sig.

SD:tiphat:

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
LC's mix #1 with bone/blood/kelp/greensand. I also add Espoma Biotone Super Starter Plus.

Does great with just water, even better with a little PBP bloom, LK, and sweet thrown in the rez.

Just be careful with the LK tho, it can clog the drippers.

supermanlives

Veteran
woohoo just got mine 2 patio kits. can i make the lines on em longer? i am gonna use them in a tent 4.5x4.5x7. just have to figure out how to setup the lines so i can purge out any air in the lines.

M

Mr.Howie

I have 3k watts with 27 girls in 5 gal pots......how much water roughly would I go through per week using this system?

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
I have 3k watts with 27 girls in 5 gal pots......how much water roughly would I go through per week using this system?

Your water volume will not change too much from what you use now.
It just gets used more efficiently.

SD

M

Mr.Howie

Thanks for the reponse....to be honest this is my first soil run (be running hydro for a while) but for this run need to keep the noise level down as much as possible. The only noise from my room with a soil grow would be the whisperline fans (basically no noise at all). So I am trying to figure out what size rez to use and how much water these plants will be drinking. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Lazy (or any body) what is the best thing to use to punch the holes for the kent systems barbs? thanks! Also, anyone using the jr peters hydroponic (professional series) ferts? I've been using them on my moms with these and they love it - ph seems to drift up to about 6.5 with an airstone though. Very simple to use and cheap.

For those of you that pre fert the soil and just use water, what would be a way to do so with instant availability for a sog bed with no veg? I just set a couple up in masonry tubs from lowes.

Also, fwiw, I might have said this earlier, but if any of you (like me) purchased the jr's and then realized that they arent what you wanted - well, you can use them for flushing in a perputual flowering set up, just turn off the blumats in that pot / tub and replace them with the jr's and their own res of straight water.

headees

I guess they dont sell any kits with more than a 12 count? So its recommended to get the better tubing along with the kit as well right?

louie

So I was thinking about using blumats with a peat based organic mix. Do you guys ever have over watering problems with these? Is there anywhere to buy them besides the blumat website?

sanjuan

So I was thinking about using blumats with a peat based organic mix. Do you guys ever have over watering problems with these? Is there anywhere to buy them besides the blumat website?
You can call in an order at the contact phone for sustainablevillage.com (leave a message and Kyle will get back to you in a couple days).

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran

Once they are dialed-in,they work pretty close to perfect.

SD:tiphat:

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I used them in a mix based on Sunshine Mix #2, and they worked quite well. Had one runaway near the end, never did figure out why. I knew the possibility existed, so I used a relatively small reservoir to limit the amount of water available.

Dave ,did u end up buying the blumats from Phoenix organics?

Last time I called them they only had one incomplete set left - the guy said they'd been on the shelf for at least 7 years and he wasn't ordering more. Directly from the blumat site is the most trouble free way because they have everything you need - GET EXTRA 3mm tubing it makes life so much easier

Maybe some of you who know a lot more about plumbing and mechanicals than me might know why this wouldn't work but I think I thought of a solution for the air bubles causing problems, what if you installed a "vent" like we use for drains in our homes on a t where your tubing exits the resevoir? So, as the water passes through your air bubbles would try to exit at the vent maybe? It might do the opposite so that's why I'm throwing it out there.

supermanlives

Veteran
Last time I called them they only had one incomplete set left - the guy said they'd been on the shelf for at least 7 years and he wasn't ordering more. Directly from the blumat site is the most trouble free way because they have everything you need - GET EXTRA 3mm tubing it makes life so much easier

i agree about the extra 3mm tubing. i just ordered 20 ft. the small amount that comes already attached is not cutting it. had a hell of a time finding it.i got the patio kits from homeharvest and the extra tubing from greenacres