What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blumat auto watering

Blumat in beds question

Blumat in beds question

I'm going to use tropf blumats indoors in a coco bed for the first time (I think). I'll be using a shallower depth of medium than BedBug is using in his cool beds. Probably only about 7 inches tops.
It'll be a true SOG with high plant numbers. Irrespective of that, can I get away with only 9 or 10 Blumats in a bed of 1m2 and 17.5cm deep? That's 40" x 40" and 7 inches deep in American.
You out there Lazyman?

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Hmm thats about 1 Blumat for every square foot of surface area, I think it would be fine, but it might take some trial and error. Gonna be hard to tell which Blumats need adjusting in a bed though! I would probably try some slave drippers too in a bed like that, or maybe in a ring with 1-2 of them for larger pots too. No need for more valves I think, just more even dispersal of moisture.

Anyone know where to get these in Canada or somewhere online in Canada or possibly the US? I found the Blumat Jr. at Lee Valley Tools but they don't have the real ones... I need to figure out somekind of unattended system really soon, any help is much appreciated.

benzo

Look in this thread. There are numerous links. And try google.

Geez, kids these days want everything handed to them.

The links are old and don't work you idiot. And I could care less about your neg rep as well.

Now if I made a whole new thread to ask a question you could call me a noob. But I asked a vaild question in the PROPER location. You need to smoke and calm the hell down, KID.

Anyone know where to get these in Canada or somewhere online in Canada or possibly the US? I found the Blumat Jr. at Lee Valley Tools but they don't have the real ones... I need to figure out somekind of unattended system really soon, any help is much appreciated.

http://www.sustainablevillage.com/servlet/display/product/detail/41904

You can thank Mr. Bongjangles for the link, he was nice enough to help me out with it.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Anyone looking to order from Green Acre Hydroponics should know the price has increased to $95 for a Patio and Balcony Kit. Their website says $65. When I mentioned that, I was told those prices are 3 years old and the website hasn't been updated. Gee thanks. He offered free shipping, but not worth it at that price.

I just found a link to another site that sells them. Only $49 for the Patio and Balcony Kit. Im surprised its so much cheaper than other vendors. Ive emailed them to make sure the price is still valid and it contains everything the Kits are supposed to have. Ill post back when they email me.

http://www.phoenixorganics.com/new/node/8341

So i got my blumats in ! I am thinking of putting them in 1, 2, 3 gallon containers. How many blumats will i need in each one ? I'm assuming 1 for the 1 and 2 gallons but i wasnt sure if i might need 2 in the 3 gallon ones ?

slowandeasy

Veteran
Anyone using H&G Coco nutes with Blumats? Have been using them with GH 6/9 formula, with excellent results...but have the whole H&G Coco line to use when I run out of GH. Any tips or advice?

D

dubdi3mond

where is everyone ordering these from? I want to order the deck and planter kit, I emailed sustainablevillage to make sure everything was in stock but nothing back from them yet..

Dave Coulier

Veteran
where is everyone ordering these from? I want to order the deck and planter kit, I emailed sustainablevillage to make sure everything was in stock but nothing back from them yet..

There are only 3 places Ive found online in america that sell the patio kits, and they've all been listed on this last page.

You can order directly from the manufacturers, but its in Austria. The link is somewhere at the beginning of the thread.

I ordered from Sustainablevillage as well. Be patient for a reply, or just order them anyway...up to you. I will tell you Kyle is a really cool cat. He's a one man show and can get a bit busy. There's obviously no stock update on his site, so I ordered anyway. The next day he emailed me (yes...HE did. Not some automated response) to let me know they where backordered and asked if it was okay to wait a few weeks. I couldn't believe he actually asked me if it was ok...like I had a choice, but he asked anyway. Very polite person. He ended up getting them to me in a week, not the few weeks he was talking about.

Point being is I am now a SV fan. He knows how to treat his customers and I wouldn't hesitate ordering, or obviously recommending them to anyone.
Good luck Dub in whatever you decide.

D

dubdi3mond

I ordered from Sustainablevillage as well. Be patient for a reply, or just order them anyway...up to you. I will tell you Kyle is a really cool cat. He's a one man show and can get a bit busy. There's obviously no stock update on his site, so I ordered anyway. The next day he emailed me (yes...HE did. Not some automated response) to let me know they where backordered and asked if it was okay to wait a few weeks. I couldn't believe he actually asked me if it was ok...like I had a choice, but he asked anyway. Very polite person. He ended up getting them to me in a week, not the few weeks he was talking about.

Point being is I am now a SV fan. He knows how to treat his customers and I wouldn't hesitate ordering, or obviously recommending them to anyone.
Good luck Dub in whatever you decide.

thanks greentrich, appreciate the response +rep for that. I did go ahead and place my order and I hope I am as happy with my order as you are. :thank you:

NP dub! Hope your experience is as pleasant as mine. I was happy to wait the potential "weeks" it would have taken since it's my down time until it cools off here. Hopefully you won't encounter that. I have a feeling SV's business is booming from this thread alone, might be hard for SV to keep up at the moment.

Good luck!

K

Kelly.

ok, i am finally getting around to setting mine up.
i am using a 5 gallon bucket, with a 1/2 in bulkhead on it.
from the bulkhead, 1/2in line will run into the grow tent, and the blumats will attach to that

i ordered the 3/32in barb from kentsystems.com
http://www.kentsystems.com/index.php?file=c-con_product_details&iProductId=NzA3
part #- NFN206 incase the link dies.

when i was first looking into these, i had a hard time picturing what it would look like (even after looking through a few threads). i could never find a picture of the res/line/dripper in one picture.

so for the people wondering what these are, here is a very basic picture of how they are setup.
res --> 1/2in bulkhead --> 1/2in feedline --> 3/32in barb --> 3mm tubing --> blumat dripper.
IMG_2442.jpg

it would be nice if someone could update the first few posts on the first page with links/pictures. alot of the questions have been answered, but wading through 350 posts can be tiresome for some.
just a suggestion.

D

dubdi3mond

Kelly. did you get the deck and planter box kit? Just wondering because I figured the kits would come with everything you needed to hook up to the res