What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BlueDigiBerry F2

99problems

Hope you guys will find some nice ones!

I'll pop my remaining 4 f2 after this run, looking forward to it already!

In the meantime, here are 4 f3s and my f3xf2 in my veg box (currently on 12/12), it's lit by 45w of SIL, 1 11w 3k, 2 14w 4k and a 3w blurple china light.

picture.php

The f3xf2 (the plant on the right) is a female and I'm still waiting for the rest to show.

I got a good feeling about this lady, her smell is quite special so far, it smells like , hmm.. imagine if you had candy that tasted like burnt rubber, or maybe a fruit that tasted mostly like burnt rubber, even though the smell is like burnt rubber it smells like something you'd want to eat or maybe even drink.

The f3s are all very similar in smell and structure , 2 of them are growing bigger leaves though.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they all look great. the F3F2 lady has that 'fine leaf' quality of my BB mother i think. look forward to seeing them develop. my seeds go in tomorrow, already dug them out of the vault

VG

ben-kenobi

Totally looking forward to those.

I probably missed the information but what are you trying to achieve with the F3‘s? Simply replication of F2 or some selecting?
Take your time. I’m sure it’s worth the wait.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks, im going to run smallish batches of plants until i feel i have a decent group of females that have no intersex traits and represent the variation within the BB terps that is present in the BDB... and i'll collect pollen from the nicer males too. Then i'll make the seeds. This way i'll have run the plants a couple of times and can be sure of them.
i'd settle for replication tbh, without the odd intersex and freeky pheno that popped up in the F2s - but that might be unrealistic though because that intersex may be a permanent fixture in the Blue lines.
I was thinking of maybe pollinating the odd bud along the way and releasing a a few cheep packs of 'beta' version seeds to get feedback and progeny testing for certain plants along the way... but again that might be too ambitious in practice. we'll see.

i have half a dozen seedlings, it's a small start...

VG

Dr.King

Veteran
Greetings Verdant, hope all is going well. Everything about this strain sounds amazing. Can't wait for some F3's to be available on the bay so I can grab some. Very interested in growing these as I love BB and a true one is hard to come by. I'm guessing it will be around 6 months min till more are available on the bay but good things come to those who wait. Happy growing all.

99problems

Got inspired when you guys said you were going to pop some f2 so i put one f2 in also, showing some variegation in the start!
picture.php

And both gg4xbdbf3 ladies are looking and smelling great also, here's the older one at around 5 weeks of flowering:
picture.php

My f3xf2 is my favourite smelling one at the moment , smells like burnt rubber and berry!

My 4 f3s are all very similar looking , smelling similar but different, ranging from berry to rubber .

Loving the bluedigiberry offspring!

DankGrazzy

I've heard a lot about the digiberries. I cannot wait to grow mine out and compare them against my other "blueberry" representational strains. Honestly, great work guys! Please keep it up

99problems

picture.php

This is the bdbf3xgg4 , fading very similar to the f2 lady used to make the f3s.
Smell is funky, reminds me of superglue/asphalt and car tires with a fruity berry background, nasty and nice at the same time!
Will be chopping this one soon, showing mostly cloudy and some amber but the lower buds need some more time!

99problems

Harvested the bdbf3xgg4 a few days ago, this is the day before harvest!

picture.php

And the f2 that I popped , growing crazy tight and has the same burnt rubber smell that the mother of the f3s had, pretty sure it's a male though but if it is I'll dust some ladies with it!
picture.php

99problems

I bet that is some real nice herb 99 rich in oil and flavors and strong high looks amazing...

I took the smallest nugs and made a few joints today, haven't trimmed the sugar leaves off yet but it tastes great, almost has sort of a thick liqueur tadt but without the alcohol part, and it makes me think of the backseat of a car in the mid 90s, hard to describe but I like it!

picture.php

This is the sister, 9 weeks in flower today (her sister hot cut at 9 weeks) and she'll be cut in a week or so, starting to amber a bit but still shooting new growth and has swelled up a lot the last week and gone from pale green to purple/red, been getting dark the last 2 days and I'm curious how she'll look in a week!
This one smells similar to her sister but more acidic!

picture.php

And this is the bdbf3xf2 , the top is almost 50% amber, lowers are almost all cloudy and she will be cut tomorrow!
She smells like blueberry chewing gum with the slightest hint of sweet mint, nothing like her mom , also has very nice frost coverage, I trimmed most of the fan leaves off and quite a few of them also has frost !

I'm really happy with the boys I've been using for this also, my gg4 that was the mother of the bdbf3xgg4 smelled and tasted so nasty that my friend got almost all of it because he loved the smoke but it seriously smelled and tasted like very strong superglue, I only pollinated the tiniest branch and only got 4 seeds and both females are smelling great!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HI all, here are the first 4 girls i'm running in the pheno hunt for making F3s, not great pics but its a start. 1-2 weeks flower. They are being run in small pots in order to stress them a little to see if stable.
No1 has the most wide leaf and i had to top it in order to get enough branch for a cutting. Frosting amazingly early.
BDB1pl.jpg
BDB1macro.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and Number 5 - i had to Nbend the main stem as this one was the tallest and has the narrowest leaves (number 4 was a male)
BDB5.jpg

G

...They are being run in small pots in order to stress them a little to see if stable...

I think I've proven that I can stress some plants, send a few my way. I'll give 'em a thorough flogging! :dance: jajaja

Looking very nice, as usual. I'm curious to see and hear about all of the phenotypic expressions.

Peace
DM