What's new

Blue satellite 2.2 opinions?

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Or in the adventure mix packs for that matter, they are the BIG seeds in there ;)

Have a few packs of the mix and each one has at least 2 or 3 in it they are easily spotted since the beans are twice the size of the rest. :woohoo:

. IMO....you need to dig into the 2.2 when running it straight....but BBS phenotypes are common as are SWT phenotypes....dig in and find the expressions that suit your taste....and if you are getting them as freebies...nice...even better.

What do you mean by needing to dig in? I'm running 5 freebies right now. Still seedlings but on their first set of true leaves.

T

THE PABLOS

What do you mean by needing to dig in? I'm running 5 freebies right now. Still seedlings but on their first set of true leaves.

To be fair and objective....some of the plants were rather bland in the flavor department....however...some were great tasting. Same with yield...some were not good yielders. All had nice heads....so it was mostly about the flavor...that I mention needing to dig.

I've come to an understanding that in almost any line/cross...you can not expect stellar expressions every time. That goes for all of them.....and some do require more plants/runs to find the great ones.

It's a crap shoot at times.... it can go both ways of course...maybe 5 of 5 are the cat's meow....but over time and through #s is generally how it happens for me. Understand that I'm a motherfucker about selections though....if it doesn't taste great off the vine...it's no good to me...if it needs "organics" to bring out the goodness...it's no good to me. Yields are not as important to me....head and flavor are.

I'm a hobby guy...making my own beans...I don't keep cuts...I have to be tough on my selections or my pools will be junk. I have no mercy....

EDIT: I've also grown and incrossed OG X BS2.2 if you like OG Kush....easy to find in the incross (to keep it simple the F2s) for sure...I really like those beans....a bonus phenotype. I outcrossed that to Blue Moonshine...called the cross Muscle Shoals...grew a couple out...nice and worth another look for sure. Documented somewhere....lol....can't remember which thread

Last edited:
Thanks for responding. I also grow for personal stash only. I keep it small but try to keep it as quality as I can. Right now my skills are maxing me out but I'm learning everyday. I'm sort of having an internal argument on whether I want to breed and keep seeds or just keep mothers and clone. The breeding option is slowly winning as time goes on.

T

THE PABLOS

Thanks for responding. I also grow for personal stash only. I keep it small but try to keep it as quality as I can. Right now my skills are maxing me out but I'm learning everyday. I'm sort of having an internal argument on whether I want to breed and keep seeds or just keep mothers and clone. The breeding option is slowly winning as time goes on.

My advice..is do both.

Working from seed only...breeding as you go adds a few steps, more time needs to be spent in the garden and it's more work with no promises and no outs once you get going. World on a String. Chaos.

Quality clones offer consistent plants with no surprises for the most part....less anguish, less plants, less work load, less risk.

Making your own beans....once you have your genetics together is a never ending supply (as in more than you can ever grow) of free beans. Full circle agriculture works on many levels. I only do partial pollinations....I'll never return to clones unless it's for a project.

***growing from seed only... will accelerate your learning curve or frustrate you to tears.

M

mugenbao

My advice..is do both.
That's kind of what I'm doing. I've got cuts of the most promising plants already rooted and waiting for room, and am also planning to use the pollen from a male or two to pollinate some select branches for seeds.

The seeds will be great for breeding experiments and to ensure that I don't lose promising genetics due to unforeseen circumstances that might cause me to lose a clone, and the clones allow me to do a quick turnaround with a known plant.

Last time I pollinated just a few branches, I ended up with a couple of hundred seeds and still had plenty of seedless smoke.

Best of both worlds, I'd definitely recommend it as well :)

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am really liking the way you guys are looking at this matter. Seeds rule :woohoo:

***growing from seed only... will accelerate your learning curve or frustrate you to tears.

Funny you say that. I'm on my 4th or so grow now with mediocre genetics only, no clones. It's been informative... :biglaugh:

Hmm... I guess I'll go ahead and breed these Sat 2.2s. So far they're doing really well as seedlings. They really kicked butt out the gate when I stuck them in some plugs. (5of5 within a couple days)

These just have too much genetic potential for me to pass up grabbing for later.

T

THE PABLOS

Funny you say that. I'm on my 4th or so grow now with mediocre genetics only, no clones. It's been informative... :biglaugh:

Hmm... I guess I'll go ahead and breed these Sat 2.2s. So far they're doing really well as seedlings. They really kicked butt out the gate when I stuck them in some plugs. (5of5 within a couple days)

These just have too much genetic potential for me to pass up grabbing for later.

Broham...do not...DO NOT waste your time with 1/2 ass genetics. That is most important...by all means breed the 2.2s and start getting a collection of genetics together....especially if you can't access quality clones. Trust me dude....trust someone that has been around the block genetically speaking....source out quality genetics. It will save you so much aggravation....scrape pennies together if you have to....but buy quality.

Im about to dust a couple of 2.2's with some dj blueberry pollen.I believe in finding what you like then inbreed and inbreed somemore.

Weird Jimmy

Licensed Patient/Caregiver & All-Around Cool Ass B
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think this cross is supremely undervalued. I found a cut that I'll be keeping for a long while; and I only grew out two seeds to find it. You can see some pics if you click the link in my sig.

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
likely high temps during seedling stage, and those BS 2.2's might well out-yield those SB's! ;)

NorcalBob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Out of the 10 I grew, 6 were females. Out of those 6, I'm reveging two....both fantastic plants. All of the plants were coated with trichs, and looked elite, but flavor and smell really weren't there for 4 of them. Dont get me wrong the smoke is kind, but just not exceptional. Out of the 2 keepers one I looks like chrome, pure silver buds, you couldnt see any green at all, really rich, hearty smoke. The other one has a spicey blueberry muffin smell and flavor. Both were average yeilders but I'm not/wasn't looking for a commercial strain. I really enjoyed growing this one, along with the blubonic and the mental floss I grew these with. Knowing I have 30 more BS 2.2's to grow thru makes me smile wide!

L

Laugan Gaucher

I've got two strain of adventure mix BS2.2 mâle x SSSDH* ojd female (my own elite selection) and I'm curious to see the result...

under flo now

Campfire

Yeah, germinating/growing through seedling stage @ lower temps. seems to give higher female ratios.

Anyone know if there's any B130 genes floating around somewhere in BS 2.2?

smokefrogg

Veteran
they get mold a lot easier than most other things i have going

out of the 2 i have harvested so far, one had a very deep chronic type taste and a very strong effect, the other was just okay, wish i had made clones of the first