What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blue Kwazulus

GrandpaMillenial

Staring a grow log from a pollen chuck. I had some WOS South African Kwazulu feminized seeds and I had some DJ Short Blueberry F5 male.

Here is a pic of the grow they originated from.

Bottom left is Female Blueberry, The male Blueberry is hiding in the back right. The other three plants are Kwazulu.

AA8E88CC-707C-47BF-9056-9BD7B43B15D1.jpeg

One of the Kwazulu just bolted dur flowering and the other two were used as two separate mothers.

Red pheno she was the runt.
219846F1-268B-41B8-9098-E832019D2621.jpeg

The other had a touch of purple in the end and was in between size wise. No pics exist.

Here are a pic of the seeds I created with the Parent seed packaging.

5D8F444C-9F09-4A28-A3D6-37290E99B22B.jpeg

I germinated these a few weeks ago but am late on starting my thread.

I just up potted them today!

FA16E055-F2F7-46A1-8C0A-5718EBAC4DD8.jpeg
5C6627CE-D2BD-41D1-99A1-DC587B2BD931.jpeg

I have a few other things going on in this tent but my second tent will be taking everything else.

Last edited:

GrandpaMillenial

Oh wow, those changed into pretty colors. The buds look like they may have a good nose punch. Those look pretty killer for a micro-grow. Thank you for sharing your work with us. You are doing a super job.

Thanks Creeperpark!

2 out of the 3 kwazulu had a sandalwood/anise, the red one was floral, Im hoping the blueberry shines through on these F1’s.

GrandpaMillenial

You are in for some interesting aromatics. Fruit? Chocolate? Floral? Anise? Skunk? Where will the wheel of genetics land?

I hope so, really hoping for a blueberry sandalwood, but their is so many directions this could go, after curing for a bit, the pure kwazulu developed a pineapple/sweet taste.

I have one showing that stretch indica growth pattern already!

GrandpaMillenial

How was the smoke on the kwazulu? I have 2 about to flower. Figured I would maybe start the rest of the pack as soon as those 2 start to look or smell good.

Very upper, like 10 mg of adderal. Ive taken some buds and smoked with a few different friend groups, both times we just got really chatty and the conversations went everywhere.

I had 3 half gallons. and this is all. have left lol

2E3BDAA3-7F9F-4A29-B4CF-23CB0410B408.jpeg

GrandpaMillenial

Came back from my week long trip, the runt wasnt looking to great but the biggest plant in my garden was just taking off, rebent and twisting her main arms, i will be setting up a separate tent soon!

edit: i say her, as she created a pre flower with pistils!

0C65F779-10D2-4C7A-975D-2FD32DFEBB8F.jpeg

Boob McNoob

Very impressive system you've got - nice genetics and healthy growth.
I've got ten seeds yet to sprout and eight more to drop from the collectively hoarded bag seed that I work with. Unhappy with my cumbersome handling during my routine in veg (1/2 gal to 2 gal to 5 gal) I elected to run my efforts in repurposed coffee canisters with the rationale of running greater numbers to offset the unavoidable males that pop up with every cycle. The drawback I'm finding is a greater need to add nutes and near daily watering to keep things vibrant.
The males that have appeared after flipping to 12/12 following my normal two months on 18/6 are cruelly repotted and relocated to a clandestine greenhouse to endure the fluctuations of temperatures with the intention to harvest fresh pollen to add to my stash in the freezer - have yet to purposely dust anything but perhaps one day.
Their ability to shrug off the brutal mangling of repotting has me ready to do the same with the confirmed females with my indoor delights. A test subject this past week faired well enough that I'm going to try this with others that begin exhibiting the claustrophobic stress of the smaller containers.
I've been fortunate enough to test drive four different lighting units over the past couple of years and am currently putting a Mars Hydro TSL2000 through its paces (in conjunction with a SP3000) which iare throwing 600 watts from the wall at my dedicated flowering space; a 2 x 4 closet. Three additional enclosures roughly half that size handle extended veg after sprouting in two separate boxes.
Image715.jpg IMG_20221213_231544692.jpg
The remarkable upswing of this specimen who struggled through its first month looking pretty forlorn and is almost ready to slip into short hours is a prime example of how I try to craft my youngsters to offer their greatest potential. Topped after the fourth or fifth node and aggressively trained, they display between six to eight competing mains which range from ten to fifteen inches on average at harvest.
IMG_20221212_204458262.jpg