What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blue Dot...

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
@dropped cat , no mate its from franchise genetics , i have the irene x irene apparition also , so finding a blue dot leaning pheno, should be pretty easy in the cross( blue dot x irene apparition ) . they already look different structure wise . so my guess is they took the blue dot dominance . i,m doing the irene also so no biggie . will be nice

Thank for the information.

I checked out the s*urpatch site, was not disappointed
by the selection of genetics offered.

Need to up my game grow wise before I make that
kind of investment, lol

Great thread!

FiveLeggedGoat

I'm not a real goat.™
Veteran
Never had straight Blue Dot, but here's a couple shots of Blue Dot Dawg...THC = 27.40% CBD = 0.17%

picture.php

picture.php

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That looks like a ssh with a little slice of a dj blueberry or something. .looks nice an moist with resinjuice... Fat nug too

KFMedicineMan

That looks like a ssh with a little slice of a dj blueberry or something. .looks nice an moist with resinjuice... Fat nug too

not sure if you are referring to my above post, but as i mentioned before my blue dot was grown from seed (s1 from clone) and the authenticity was questionable.

Pictured @ around 42 days:

Here is the same buds as above but inside and with flash:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry man. I was talking about 5LG's pic of the chem cross. Looked like ssh with a hint if dj bb

Is yours a good cut or did it leave something to be desired ?

KFMedicineMan

Sorry man. I was talking about 5LG's pic of the chem cross. Looked like ssh with a hint if dj bb

Is yours a good cut or did it leave something to be desired ?

I grew out the blue dot with 5 other strains indoors. (4x8 tent, 2x600w hps) while growing, and now that its dry, it was/is the best looking/smelling plant. my blue dot when dried has a very sweet 'blue' smell, with the secondary smell being like sour.

the smell of this herb when smoked is magical... it is reminiscent of blue dream, but less sweet and more balanced with that sour? smell. definitely fills the whole house with its unique smell. the density is perfect and there was no larf on the plant when trimming. the high is very balanced, more sativa if anything (chopped at 55 days), with little to no ceiling that i have experienced.

overall this is a keeper, i cloned and kept her around.

used to get farmacy bluedot at Alternative Herbal Health Services on lower Haight Street around 2004...was always around back then...it was good, but I thought the stuff they just called 'diesel' back then was way better...still don't know which cut that was, one of the loudest candied diesel smell and taste I ever come across...wish i knew if it was sour diesel, diesel #1 aka daywrecker/headband, or the 707 or west coast diesel, which I'm guessing is og x sourd x masterkush....got the superdawg around that same time at the headshop across the street from AHHS...they used vend for a short time, and although it looked like some watered down dutch skunk schwag, it was the other most flavorful i ever experienced...amazing amazing super loud lemon flavor, with no bag appeal but packed a really strong punch to her...amazing stuff...only seen it that one time...for some reason felt like it came from Hawaii, but that is purely speculation...

The Revolution

Veteran
The bluedot story's fascinating.. I feel like Ive grown it. It seems to be what a lot of Dutch Flowers gear was hybridized with. I feel like its one of the stable candy/structure plants, and was selected for that, more than raw potency or experience.

Last edited:

supersniffer

Just got these from a brother who made these 10+ years ago...

Hey man sweet find! That third floor blue dot has a special place in my heart, I still have the jar and for years could get a wiff when I opened it up and be transported back to better times. You guys were doing the lords work with that one it's been fun reading about everyone's similar experience with this strain, I guess I'm not alone. I've been searching for some clones/seeds for over a decade. How did those self'd seeds turn out? Hate to be a mooch but if you've got any cuts/seeds remotely close to the original you could spare you would be doing me a huge favor and you could of course name your price. Fingers crossed over here. Cheers!